Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women walks away scot free after admitting making up sexual assault allegations

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Eddie Yu wrote: »
    Really, it will be clear from looking at the link that there is and has been an epidemic of false accusations of child sexual abuse/child abuse over the last two decades or more. Had this scandal been exposed many years ago maybe Mr Hannon would not have had to endure the last ten years of profound psychological trauma. Always remember You could be next!

That kind of scaremongering is just as bad as the people saying there's a boogeyman around every corner waiting to sexually abuse your kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Eddie Yu

javaboy wrote: »
    That kind of scaremongering is just as bad as the people saying there's a boogeyman around every corner waiting to sexually abuse your kids.

Scaremongering? I stated facts. For many years now we have been told that in 1 in 3 homes in Ireland child sexual abuse has occured, which means that a paedophile could be living in the house next door to you on the right hand side or the left hand side. We have had it shoved down our necks that 1 in 4 have been sexually abused. We have also had it shoved down our necks that 1 in 10 women have suffered sexual assault at some time in their lives. Now that is what is called scaremongering. Not to mention inflated figures for domestic violence and sexual assault.

Scaremongering? I stated facts. For many years now we have been told that in 1 in 3 homes in Ireland child sexual abuse has occured, which means that a paedophile could be living in the house next door to you on the right hand side or the left hand side. We have had it shoved down our necks that 1 in 4 have been sexually abused. We have also had it shoved down our necks that 1 in 10 women have suffered sexual assault at some time in their lives. Now that is what is called scaremongering. Not to mention inflated figures for domestic violence and sexual assault.

So using words like epidemic and saying you could be next in bold and underlined text doesn't seem at all like scaremongering to you?

javaboy wrote: »
    So using words like epidemic and saying you could be next in bold and underlined text doesn't seem at all like scaremongering to you?

Just stating facts. You could be next!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Why, what do you know?

• Advertisement

Why, what do you know?

Because social workers are allowed violate constitutional rights likewise the Gardai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Because social workers are allowed violate constitutional rights likewise the Gardai.

An hysterical tone and a tendency to hyperbole rarely - if ever- aid an argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

Its just like winning the lotto!

" Who knows, It could be you!":D

Zadkiel wrote: »

Hehehehe;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Zadkiel wrote: »

Or the Jackpot! Giggity.

• Advertisement

Nodin wrote: »
    An hysterical tone and a tendency to hyperbole rarely - if ever- aid an argument.
    Social workers are allowed to violate constitutional rights and innocent parents may appear on computer registers and be branded "child abuser" for life. CPS kidnapped a six-year-old girl from her kindergarten class because she rubbed herself between the legs. The child was forced to strip, pose for photographs and submit to a vaginal exam. The diagnosis: a yeast infection.

Unlike the hysterical tone and tendency to hyperbole as frequently used by the 'child savers' when making an argument.

WindSock wrote: »
    Or the Jackpot! Giggity.
    Way to go :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,969 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Give me one example please. Again we have the mindset that the accused is a 'perpetrator' and if cleared of any wrongdoing he/she is still guilty. Also, I do not want sympathy - only justice for the falsely accused. And please do not quote the case of Father Sean Fortune to me - he was never convicted by any court of law. Sean Fortune was judged by a biased media and let me tell you a fact, 95% of all cases of alleged child sexual abuse turn out to be either non-confirmed - case pending or false accusations with only a 3% conviction rate.

Eddie, just because the rate of conviction is 3 percent, this does not mean that the
    cases that did not result in conviction were not legitimate. I am sure many abusers have
    got away with their crimes. I would have imagined that to obtain a conviction, it would be pretty damn hard. Now, in the Hannon case, this was NOT the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

What the hell are you talking about?

6 year olds shouldnt be in kindergarten. Or playschool as we call it here.

Social workers are allowed to violate constitutional rights.

What constituional rights are they violating? Please be specific in your reply.
    and innocent parents may appear on computer registers and be branded "child abuser" for life. .

Are you referring to a possible miscarriage of justice?
    CPS kidnapped a six-year-old girl from her kindergarten class because she rubbed herself between the legs. The child was forced to strip, pose for photographs and submit to a vaginal exam. The diagnosis: a yeast infection..

A child seems to be distressed in a manner that suggests sexual abuse. No one does anything. The child is eventually found dead and a litany of warning signs that were ignored emerges. How now?

walshb wrote: »
    Eddie, just because the rate of conviction is 3 percent, this does not mean that the
    cases that did not result in conviction were not legitimate. I am sure many abusers have
    got away with their crimes. I would have imagined that to obtain a conviction, it would be pretty damn hard. Now, in the Hannon case, this was NOT the case.

How can you be sure that many abusers have got away with their crimes? Do we throw out the presumption of innocence with the bathwater. The rate for conviction under the criminal law where the weight of evidence is 'beyond a reasonable doubt' accounts for the low conviction rate unlike the weight of evidence 'the balance of probabilities' so often used by CPS to justify the inflated figures for alleged cases of child sexual abuse.

WindSock wrote: »
    What the hell are you talking about?

6 year olds shouldnt be in kindergarten. Or playschool as we call it here.

As in the McMartin case

As in the McMartin case

25 years ago, in a different country, with a different culture, procedures etc. It's now used as an example of how not to do things.

Nodin wrote: »
    25 years ago, in a different country, with a different culture, procedures etc. It's now used as an example of how not to do things.
    Really, The McMartin case is now used as an example of how not to do things - would you like to elaborate! I do not think Ray Buckey or Michael Hannon would agree with you. 16 million dollars wasted and still Kee McFarlane is considered an expert :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

whats this really all about? has denis irwin said anything yet?

oh ah paul mcgrath say oh ah paul mcgrath.

erm back on topic yea drugs are bad! kids are bad!

• Advertisement

whats this really all about? has denis irwin said anything yet?

oh ah paul mcgrath say oh ah paul mcgrath.

erm back on topic yea drugs are bad! kids are bad!

Be quiet.

Really, The McMartin case is now used as an example of how not to do things - would you like to elaborate!

Eg.
    http://law.jrank.org/pages/10218/Sexual-Abuse-CHILD-TESTIMONY-IN-DAY-CARE-CENTER-SEXUAL-ABUSE-CASES.html

As it has relatively little bearing on what goes on here, I suggest you start a thread if you want to discuss it further.

Earlier you stated
    Social workers are allowed to violate constitutional rights

I asked 'What constituional rights are they violating? Please be specific in your reply.'

Also
    and innocent parents may appear on computer registers and be branded "child abuser" for life. .

I asked if you were referring to a miscarriage of justice.

and finally
    CPS kidnapped a six-year-old girl from her kindergarten class because she rubbed herself between the legs. The child was forced to strip, pose for photographs and submit to a vaginal exam. The diagnosis: a yeast infection..

to which I replied 'A child seems to be distressed in a manner that suggests sexual abuse. No one does anything. The child is eventually found dead and a litany of warning signs that were ignored emerges. How now? '

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

As it has relatively little bearing on what goes on here, I suggest you start a thread if you want to discuss it further.

I second that. Humanities is a good forum for this.

I am making the point that nothing much has changed in 25 years. The McMartin case was a miscarriage of justice as Orkney and Cleaveland and many others. No lessons have been learned. The system is still out of balance and the Hannon case is now old news.:P

I am (.....)old news.:P

Eddie I'm trying to address issues you've brought up with regards this jurisdiction, not a 25 year old American case. There are three questions extant to that above, please try to answer them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Please take all OT conversation between the two of you to PM from now on.

Considering the last 4-5 pages are OT, it would better to perhaps lock the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭NOGMaxpower

Seaneh wrote: »
    Hate women much?
    Wanna talk about it?

How was your relationship with your mother?

LOL im entitled to my opinion and now where did I give any suggestion i had problems with women.

its just typical of Irish law its from the stoneage we need to take a leaf out of the Australian system which is far more balanced.

Advertisement