Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much do you make / lose from poker?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

Playing online around 4 years and live about 3 & a half.

Currently experimenting with turbo $10 sng's with an overall profit of $1100 in about 400 games.
    Also play $10 rebuy or $10 freezout around 10 times a week. The sng profit pays for this. Biggest cash online was $3250 which I used to play in IO but didn't cash. Also qualified and played in IWF but didn't cash.
    Overall live I'm about even, taking into consideration minus €3500 for the IO ticket.
    Online profit 5k in around 10 months. Before that, down around 100 per month in over 3 years.
    Was playing 1/2NL 9 or 10 handed 3 tables at a time on Full Tilt, Betfair and PPP built up an 8k BR and cashed 3400 out. Started a wicked downswing and lost 75% of it so lost confidence, stopped playing online cash. Back to $10 sng's and small stakes tournies and sats.

P.S. sorry about the rambling post. Tired, going to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

first 3 years online altogether, around 12k downswing....
    grinding away now :p

im up over 4k this year from $5-$20 sng's and I missed a month. I do play a sick amount of games though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Suited

I was about to give up on poker until I discovered proper bankroll managment(you tube- Chris Ferguson). I got $10 free for opening a VC account, I added $40 to the account and started playing $1 SNGs, I have gotten this up to $1100 since I started the 'experiment' in Dec, and I'm now playing €22 SNGs and MTTs. I have never withdrawn or re loaded.

I can't stress how brilliant proper bankroll managment is and it really has made me a better poker player. There have been times where I have had to move down, but I have never had any fear of going broke which has really helped my game. I'm now at the point of possibly withdrawing small ammounts per week although I'm not in any rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

dougee19 wrote: »
    im up over 4k this year from $5-$20 sng's and I missed a month. I do play a sick amount of games though

Thats impressive after 3 months. Would love to see a graph

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭lillou

i'm up over $7 since i started.

which means dinner for two at burger king (recession buster meals only) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Thats impressive after 3 months. Would love to see a graph

Should be easy enough. A nice ROI of 25% would mean staking 16000. Avg stake excluding reg. is $10 so you only need to play 18 or so games every day over 90 days.

I'd still like to see the graph though. What site is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Up about $800 overall. Built up my br playing sit and go's and a tourney here and there. Started $10nl 6 max a few months ago and I'm up $187 from that. At Uni at the moment so hope to be up a lot more at the end of the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bob_loblaw_86

RedJoker wrote: »
    bout tree fiddy.

its the dom loch ness monster again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

Wombatman wrote: »
    Should be easy enough. A nice ROI of 25% would mean staking 16000. Avg stake excluding reg. is $10 so you only need to play 18 or so games every day over 90 days.

I'd still like to see the graph though. What site is it?

25% roi? even dougee couldn't achieve that over a large sample imo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Suited wrote: »
    I was about to give up on poker until I discovered proper bankroll managment(you tube- Chris Ferguson). I got $10 free for opening a VC account, I added $40 to the account and started playing $1 SNGs, I have gotten this up to $1100 since I started the 'experiment' in Dec, and I'm now playing €22 SNGs and MTTs. I have never withdrawn or re loaded.

I can't stress how brilliant proper bankroll managment is and it really has made me a better poker player. There have been times where I have had to move down, but I have never had any fear of going broke which has really helped my game. I'm now at the point of possibly withdrawing small ammounts per week although I'm not in any rush.

just listened to that podcast. was quite interesting alright. think i am gonna give his method a try for the next month and see how it goes. will report back then :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

down 4k this year but haven't been playing much, maybe 100 hours.

i think if i really put the work in i can push my loserate to about 60 euro an hour.

wish me luck!

(still up a few quid over the last few years but thats all spent now on girls with relatively big arses)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

UsernameGames PlayedAv. ProfitAv. StakeAv. ROITotal ProfitFormNetworkFilterxxxxxxx 70$49 $14 150%$3,454 -iPokerSch. Only x

tried to copy and paste from sharkscope. Cant get a graph to paste into reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

Up in poker. But massive loser in sports gambling.

max_power wrote: »
    25% roi? even dougee couldn't achieve that over a large sample imo

hehehe, even dougee... people actually think i'm good now? :D

how much would you consider a large sample?
    can honestly say my roi isn't that high but it is around the 20 mark, and 28% in my last 750 games on stars which is pretty decent imo... and would have been higher if it wasnt for the 6man games

I will post graphs if really wanted, spread out over 3 sites i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭thenutpeddler

Up a substantial amount from playing live.

Down about 2k online last year.

If I had a breathalyzer on my laptop I'd be up about 6k

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

In the last 4 years I have a ROI of 32% in live tournies, but an ROI of -1% in live cash. Online, who knows. I don't play enough to keep records so don't really care. Not much either way I'd imagine though.

5starpool wrote: »
    In the last 4 years I have a ROI of 32% in live tournies, but an ROI of -1% in live cash. Online, who knows. I don't play enough to keep records so don't really care. Not much either way I'd imagine though.

that made me lol!!!!

surely its a hell of a lot easier to keep track online... sorry, i "lol" at weird things i guess

I rarely play online so don't bother trying to track across multiple sites. I'd say I play at least 10x more live than online.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭destroyer

Playing 4 years, Live about once a week (mostly tournaments, a little cash) Up almost 14k.

On-line down about 500, despite winning 2 donkaments with fields of 1800 to 2000, (about 4k total) , am a donkey on line, especially cash games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

down 4k this year but haven't been playing much, maybe 100 hours.

i think if i really put the work in i can push my loserate to about 60 euro an hour.

wish me luck!

(still up a few quid over the last few years but thats all spent now on girls with relatively big arses)

relative to what exactly Doc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

relative to what exactly Doc?

thier boobs usually

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

Dublin Bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Dublin Bus.

Did you call her Bus ARAS?. (thank you very much I'm here all week)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

YULETIRED wrote: »
    Did you call her Bus ARAS?. (thank you very much I'm here all week)

oh dear God

that was quite good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

When I am up, I am up
    But
    When I am down, I am down
    And
    When I'm only half way up
    Then
    I'm neither up nor down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

According to sharksope I'm down 50 dolla after 1009 games. It also says I have an ROI of 2%, however that works out :confused:... Anyway, a mate used my account in the gaf a couple of times recently and lost about 200 euro, which he reimbursed me for. Also, I got about 200 dollas of reload bonuses so ... up about 350-400 dollas I reckon. Not bad for 4 years work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

dougee19 wrote: »
    hehehe, even dougee... people actually think i'm good now? :D

how much would you consider a large sample?
    can honestly say my roi isn't that high but it is around the 20 mark, and 28% in my last 750 games on stars which is pretty decent imo... and would have been higher if it wasnt for the 6man games

I will post graphs if really wanted, spread out over 3 sites i think

Yeah lash up a few graphs, fair play nice streak. Just reading a bit of your blog there. You seem to have got a little better a the ol br management. GL with it. You just playing on stars?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

When I am up, I am up
    But
    When I am down, I am down
    And
    When I'm only half way up
    Then
    I'm neither up nor down

oh damn you what is that out of again?

DeadParrot wrote: »
    oh damn you what is that out of again?

The Grand old Duke of York.

• Advertisement

max_power wrote: »
    Yeah lash up a few graphs, fair play nice streak. Just reading a bit of your blog there. You seem to have got a little better a the ol br management. GL with it. You just playing on stars?

at the moment I am on I-poker, I am one of the 50 selected for Neil Channings Black Belt Poker but not too confident to be honest

have played stars, merge, i-poker and betfair last few months
    betfair to clear bonuses, Merge because I ****ing crushed it!!!!! stars for same reason and i-poker cause i have to even though I don't like it and I am playing dreadful at the moment!!!!

Stars:
    774 $3 $7 29% $2,100
    michaeld18.jpg

Merge:
    1,064 $2 $7 17% $1,645
    finnianpgolden.png

Betfair:
    197 $1 $8 7% $210
    betfairh.jpg

just under 2k games with average stake of $7.50 ish and 4k profit, I run like god himself

Advertisement