Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much do you make / lose from poker?

Options
  • 26-04-2009 9:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I've searched and havent found this topic (if it exists then im one blind fook :) )Am just curious really.

personally make about €70 per month online give or take most months. on average what would your profit / loss be?

or is it really bad etiquette to ask?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I doubt you will get many people admitting to being losers, and you'll also get many people lying about how much they make. You shouldnt really worry about how much you make in a month or set any $$$ related targets as variance etc can play a bit part. I'd usually make about $1000 or so. Bonuses and Rakeback or a huge help though, alot will depend on how many hands I play aswell, this month for example I'll be doing well to his $400 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I've lost count of how much I've lost

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

yeah I'm not really expecting many replies tbh and I know variance plays a good part. i usually only play the 0.10/0.25 tables as anymore and i'd prob end up losing a fortune on a bad run :(

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

I've been playing for 2/3 months, no matter how far up or down I go I always end up back at breaking even, it just makes no sense, or I'm just not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

I've lost my big blind more often that I've saved it, don't even start me on my small blind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 HibsAreIt

Overall on my 3 year online poker experience in down about 2k id say,was alot more but got a few nice mtt cashes this year and pulled a good bit back.Still find myself comingh home on a Friday/Saturday night after a few and losing alot:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I've been playing for 2/3 months, no matter how far up or down I go I always end up back at breaking even, it just makes no sense, or I'm just not good.

personally speaking if i broke even every month i'd be happy as it's a hobby thats paying for itself

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

I made myself look like a donkey more than once and have only lost my marbles many a night. I've been playin 3 years and say i would be down just around 6k that would have been mostly live though, but went on a heater a few weeks ago and got alot of it back.... but im still down but im learning alot more and am far more in control of myself which was a major cash leakage both online and live!!

I've won a total of €3,500 in tournaments (€2,900 of which was a freeroll run last summer).

I'm plus about €500 in live cash games

Online I'd say I'm break even or maybe -~€100, as I usually just played with whatever rakeback I got.

I only play tiny stakes, maybe someday I'll concentrate more on playing instead of donating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Oh der will be lies...did you not know that no one wins online..ITS RIGGED :D

The guy on d radio even said it:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

i'm defo in the minus bracket but i'm blaming the fact i dont play from a bankroll for that depositing €50 at a time on stars and dropin it playin like playin $13 sng's, will play on a bankroll by the summer hopefully and then take playing a bit more seriously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭jack90210

HibsAreIt wrote: »
    Overall on my 3 year online poker experience in down about 2k id say,was alot more but got a few nice mtt cashes this year and pulled a good bit back.Still find myself comingh home on a Friday/Saturday night after a few and losing alot:o

u make my mouth water :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

YULETIRED wrote: »
    I've lost my big blind more often that I've saved it, don't even start me on my small blind.

So far this year I'm up 0.04BBs per hand from my big blind and 0.05BBs per hand from my small blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

NickyOD wrote: »
    So far this year I'm up 0.04BBs per hand from my big blind and 0.05BBs per hand from my small blind.

So far this year I'm up 14.03BB's per hand from Nicky's big blind and 99.73 per hand from his small blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I am up but that's mainly due to always having decent bankroll management :eek: and reading a lot while reviewing hands :cool: I know when I stop caring and start playing less I should get in the minus! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Ive withdrawn $1870 this year but it varies on my finances as to what id take out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭shano_88

im up around $2200 this year but that does include a tourney score of $1350........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭RedJoker

bout tree fiddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

I lost around $800 yesterday.

Came close to it been a lot more though. Brand new €1500 laptop in hand and heading out the upstairs window. Just about gained control. I did damage the screen all right when I threw a beer bottle top at it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

I'm up before rent, down after it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

Down lots over the years I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

up in monetary terms

but in terms of life-enhancement, I'd imagine I'm down overall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

Up 8k € online in 2009 so far mainly playing SNG, with biggest tournament win of only 800€. I will never win a proper MTT, although I usually go deep I always find a way to blow it in the end, I probably lack gambling/aggression in the late stages of the tourneys although I am slowly improving.

The latest book I read "Poker Mindset" has been the key in preventing me from tilting my wins away during downswings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Boosh

I'm up about 3 stone this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭jpr1973

up 2.5k at 20nl & 50 nl poker and down 1k at horse racing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

up about 820$ over the past month playing alot of hands super tight at micro limits. Decided to withdraw yesterday and go hunting a good rakeback deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

nuxxx wrote: »
    up about 820$ over the past month playing alot of hands super tight at micro limits. Decided to withdraw yesterday and go hunting a good rakeback deal.

Up 1 mirrion dollar from poker

Down 1 appendix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Donagh_mc

Up and down like a yoyo lately! Started at €500, went up to €1100 and now down to €200 :(

Ps: I might have added an extra 0 to all my figures to sound as impressive as the rest of ye! :D lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Up 1 mirrion dollar from poker

Down 1 appendix

Enough with the sympathy spamming you donk, sign yourself out for Punchestown tomorrow and stop being a pussy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭applehunter

Up live.

Started playing mostly Omaha online since November/December. First couple of months I was a big loser. Getting the hang of it now.

But still losing overall :o

Advertisement