Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to buy contact lenses?

Options

Comments

Just received an email from Daysoft that they are putting their prices up yet again, this time from August 3 2016.

"Dear Daysoft Customer

From 3rd August 2016 the price of daysoft® contact lenses will change to €7.49 per box for 1 and 3 month orders, and €6.99 per box for 6 month orders. We are confident that daysoft® lenses remain the most competitively priced and convenient daily disposables on the market."

It's €6.49 per box now. It was €5 about 2 years ago, and on 15 August last year they increased delivery by €2.40, saying it was because of VAT. These are cumulatively massive increases. Has anybody a better value supplier?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Got the same mails. Havn't seen anything better so far though.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭WoolyJumper

Are the daySoft lenses comfortable? I am thinking of just ordering online cause my optician seems to always be out of stock of my monthlies. When I went in today to collect them they didn't have them in stock so she gave me a free box of dailies - 1 Day moist Acuvue. I have to say after wearing them for only a few hours i'm finding them uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭danko82

are the contact lens from daysoft daily?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Squiggle

danko82 wrote: »
    are the contact lens from daysoft daily?

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Vision Direct have both the dailies that I've used and the monthlies I've used for 29.98.. 30 pairs of dailies, or 3 pairs of monthlies.. (14.99 per box) I used Air Optix Aqua monthlies and Aquacomfort plus dailies

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I've been using Daysoft for a good while now and have never had an issue.
    I no need to start using bi focal or multi focal lens for near sight . There doesn't seem to be an option to order these from Daysoft.
    Anyone any suggestions?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

KoolKid wrote: »
    I've been using Daysoft for a good while now and have never had an issue.
    I no need to start using bi focal or multi focal lens for near sight . There doesn't seem to be an option to order these from Daysoft.
    Anyone any suggestions?

They don't do them becuase they are more expensive to manufacture. Daysoft manufacture the cheapest of the cheap lens designs and materials

Thanks Daisies
    Any suggestions , or is €30 a month the best I could expect?

just throwing up a code for http://www.visiondirect.ie/
    2423696F

"When they order their lenses using your code they receive a 10% discount and you will receive €5 towards your next order."

i just get solution and cleaner from these guys. quick delivery.
    wonder do they still thrown in the packet of sweets... :D

as AndrewJRenko pointed out, new customers only, sorry andrew, i should have said that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,411 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

ed1604 wrote: »
    2423696F

"When they order their lenses using your code they receive a 10% discount and you will receive €5 towards your next order."

Worth a try, but only works for new customers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mar2000

ed1604 wrote: »
    2423696F

as AndrewJRenko pointed out, new customers only, sorry andrew, i should have said that

Thanks for this code. I just ordered for my son and we are new customers and got the discount. Ordering from that website is way cheaper than the local opticians.

dont forget to put up your referral code now and someone might return the favour giving you a €5 towards your next order :D

howdy peoples,,,
    can someone else throw up a referral code please,
    i'm beginning to feel guilty as i now have €30 credit on my account from people using my code..

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭kisugem

2289740M discount code for visiondirect.ie

This is my referral code for Vision Direct for 10% off: 1889311P

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭yellowbear

Here is my referral code for 10% off first time use of visiondirect.ie:1986562K

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DubGreggie

Hi All,

Thanks to everyone for the helpful tips and advice.

I've spent some time this evening doing a little research. I wear Acuvue moist but my optician last week told me i should consider Trueye, better oxygen penetration. So, I've priced them both n a few different sites as follows, hope it's of help:

Vision direct.ie
    Acuvue Moist per 30 lens 19.99
    Trueye 26.99

Lenstore.co.uk
    Acuvue Moist per 30 lens 15.77 (90 lens @ 46.01)
    Trueye 21.58(90 lens @ 64.35)

SpecSavers
    Acuvue Moist per 30 lens 20.00

feelgoodcontacts.ie
    Acuvue Moist per 30 lens 17.50 (90 lens @ 50)
    Trueye 26.90 (90 lens @ 75)

Daysoft.com (own brand)
    Acuvue Moist equivalent per 30 lens 83.88 for 6 months supply, 91.68 including delivery

Alensa.ie
    Acuvue Moist per 30 lens 17.49 (90 lens @ 49.99)
    Trueye 23.94 (90 lens @ 69.99)

smartbuyglasses.ie
    Acuvue Moist per 30 lens 17.06 (90 lens @ 46.76)
    Trueye 24.95 (90 lens @ 71.95)

Accuity.co.uk
    Acuvue Moist per 30 lens 40.24 (90 lens @ 113)
    Trueye 47.57 (90 lens @ 128.18)

Contactlensesplus.ie
    Acuvue Moist per 30 lens 19.96 (90 lens @ 46.01)
    Trueye 25.83 (90 lens @ 64.35)

Lenscatcher.com
    Acuvue Moist per 30 lens 22.95 (90 lens @ 58.95)
    Trueye 26.95 (90 lens @ 72.95)

All prices in euro, didn't look at the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Total newb to buying online lads and ladies. I recently switched from spec savers to vision express for my lenses which both charge approx €50 for a months supply.
    My prescription currently is Clariti cooper vision lenses.where the best place to pick up these or similar on line?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Does it matter which ones you go for or are they all pretty much the same, it's been years since I tried any.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Vision Direct Referral Code: 1550029P

• Registered Users Posts: 6 shmokti

Nice thread very informative.

Was wondering does anybody have any experience ordering from the eueyewear site?

Prices look almost too good to be true

6 months supply €178.00
    Just ordered the same from Daysoft @ €91.68

• Registered Users Posts: 6 shmokti

KoolKid wrote: »
    6 months supply €178.00
    Just ordered the same from Daysoft @ €91.68

Daysoft is no good to me as I need Toric / Astigmatism lenses

30 pairs would cost me at best 56 euro on other sites compared to 44.50 on eueyewear

Ahh Ok. Good value in your case so.

Thanks to this thread I am getting my 3rd order from them today. They are way cheaper than the local opticians. I order contact lenses for 3 months at a time. This time they are giving me a free bottle of Everclear eye drops worth €3.99.

My referral code for Vision Direct for 10% off: 1889311P

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Shadow-Lord

www.visiondirect.ie 10% Discount Code: 2156954H

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

I ordered from Vision Direct last time but it appears that their discount codes aren't applicable to return customers. Do I just use a new email address or is there any better value out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Just wondering is it possible to go from daily disposables to bi-weekly/monthly without changing the prescription or anything. Want to do it as it seems cheaper and same amount of lenses should last longer for me anyway. Any help appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Adam193

Help needed! Long story short my contacts didn't get delivered from Daysoft on time. Is there anywhere in Dublin I can buy them 'over the counter'? I only need a couple of pairs. I know that in Specsavers you have to go through all this BS with a test and stuff, can I go in anywhere and just buy them?

Advertisement