Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esker Hills

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ***pitbull***

i agree with u adser..your only telling the truth mate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

So what can we do? Can't we go to our shiny new conucil or something? There's surely enough of us to form some kind of pressure group?
    We can't have our nice estate run into the ground by a small few. We need to look after one another.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

Bodhan wrote: »
    So what can we do? Can't we go to our shiny new conucil or something? There's surely enough of us to form some kind of pressure group?
    We can't have our nice estate run into the ground by a small few. We need to look after one another.

That's the whole idea mate! Theres plenty of people that are sick and tired of those scumbags so hopefully we can do something. The builders and/or gardaí recommended a letter be sent to the scumbags houses as a warning but lets be fair here, they're animals and will probably use the letter to wipe their ar*es. I think the council did investigate a few houses they received complaints about and it turned out that something like 2 houses where empty (?), 1 was issued a warning and they were happy that the other house reported wasnt causing any hassle.

The lady on the r.a, Anne- has been working her fingers to the bone about all this. Y'see legally I don't think there's a whole lot we can do except sign petitions blah blah blah to try and get them out. The gardaí are going to increase patrols and I think the liason officer will be at the meeting on wednesday to have a chat and to help set up a neighbourhood watch.

I gotta admit, it's great to see everyone here thinking the same and wanting to keep the estate nice, clean, safe and friendly :):) It'll go a long way to help anyway!!!

So is everyone heading to the meeting wednesday night?

I'll be there, what time is it starting again?

Its starting at 8pm in o'loughlans hotel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭elainee40

Ill be there, one thing though remember you were saying that maybe organise a get to know you BBQ, might be a bad idea at moment if we are having so may problems in estate, people will know houses are empty and there could be breakins.
    I know this happened to my aunts estate in Maynooth few years back and that estate only had about 30 max houses, they had a BBQ at the start of estate (only enterence) and people went home to find some houses broken into, they lads that done it had to drive past the bbq to leave the estate :mad:

elainee40 wrote: »
    Ill be there, one thing though remember you were saying that maybe organise a get to know you BBQ, might be a bad idea at moment if we are having so may problems in estate, people will know houses are empty and there could be breakins.
    I know this happened to my aunts estate in Maynooth few years back and that estate only had about 30 max houses, they had a BBQ at the start of estate (only enterence) and people went home to find some houses broken into, they lads that done it had to drive past the bbq to leave the estate :mad:

Unbelievable! Very good point though and id have the same concerns myself, even about tomorrows meeting!

My other half is staying at home with the Daughter so its not so bad for us but it would raise your thoughts, terrible when you cant do simple thing without thinking the bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ***pitbull***

does their be house many broke in 2 round here?????

and i like the idea of the letter....

does their be house many broke in 2 round here?????

not that i've heard to be honest. Although a few months back i think a couple of cars were broken into and last sunday night friends of mine, that live on the left as soon as you come into the estate overlooking the green, had their car window smashed and the radio stolen

• Advertisement

So we all ready for the "meeting" lol

Lol just about!

Im just hoping the r.a doesnt get attacked by people pi**ed off about the scumbags. Im also hoping theres a good turn out, otherwise whats the point

Well guys that was a good meeting I thought, very positive attitude from everyone at it. There was a little side tracking going on but nothing too serious.
    Can you PM me the phone number and e-mail address, I want to put my name forward for the Neighbourhood watch?

Well done lads and Ann lol.

Now i know who you are Adser lol.

If you need any printing or handing out of leaflets give me a PM, person beside me lives cross the road from me and she put her name down for clean up i thing, plus she is all the neighbourhood watch Primrose Ave needs :D, She could tell you when your having a pee lol.
    Ah but shes as sound as a bell ha.

Well done again lads, hope you had a few pints tonight, you deserve it.

:) thought it went great myself! Glad to see such a great turn out and everyone being so positive.
    I suppose a certain amount of sidetracking was to be expected as its an easy way for people to vent.
    Bodhan would you believe i havnt got the number on me, could you PM me your name,address and phone no. and ill add it to the list straight away.
    Wouldve loved a few pints after but gotta be up for work tomorrow!
    I know who you are now too elaine lol and thanks for offering to help with flyers and that, the more people the better

Oh, can anyone fill me in on what that paedophile question was all about?! That was the most random question ever!

Yea, it was a little strange. I think that woman just picked up what Anne was saying all wrong. Nothing like a bit of randomness to keep the meeting spicy :D

She's a bit of weirdo and ran away with herself, i know her always has.

The strange part was that for such a large turnout, we didnt get all that many volunteers to help co-ordinate the neighbourhood watch or for the clean up day especially. There were a lot of people that complained about a.s.b and litter and scarpered as soon as it was over :(

My Neigbour across the road put her name down for the clean up, and believe me she is neibourhood watch in her own right lol. She dont need to make it official.

I'll be there with my daughter of 20months cleaning up, but i cant lift anything as im Pregnant (early stages), other half wont be there as he has his sisters 21st birthday party up north on a boat :rolleyes:. I'm not going up as can hardly stand on dry ground without sickness never mind moving boat :p

• Advertisement

Lol i suppose we'll let you away with it then :)

ah no ill help, just not picking anything heavy up.

How many people do you think turned up

I was only messing with ye :)
    Its hard to say how many were there because there were a good few in the corridor. I think there was seating for 50 and with the standing people id say there was around 70-80 altogether. We had no idea what the turnout was gonna be like so we didnt want to book a huge room and get stung for paying more and then only have 20 people turn up. We were supposed to be in a slightly bigger room though - not the restaurant.
    Was everyone happy enough with that place for any future meetings?

It was very very warm though.

Lol imagine how warm we were up talking!

haha, ah well, we live and learn as they say.

Adser, are you getting my PM's?

Bodhan wrote: »
    Adser, are you getting my PM's?

God I'm such a tit. I was getting your PM's but wasn't getting an email notification so didn't cop I had any! Sorry Bodhan and anyone else who PMd me and only got a reply tonight!

:o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I really couldn't tell you Iolar as I live in a part of the estate unaffected by them.

The general feeling at the meeting last wednesday night, however, was that it still is a problem but I personally thought things had quietened down a bit since the first meeting.

We might have to invite some of our Northern friends down to lend a hand sort out the scum :D

Advertisement