Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esker Hills

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 patrick126

Hi all,

Just wondering if I could get a general consensus of what Blueberry Hill is like in Esker Hills. My girlfriend and I are looking to move to Portlaoise in the next few weeks and we're going to look at this house tomorrow morning:

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1059995

Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated both on this house if anybody knows it or the area in general.

Regards,
    Patrick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

That map seems to indicate the the house is in Bluebell Way? We bought here three years ago and have settled in really well. Lovely people (for the most part) and pretty quiet too. However, if you dont mind me saying, that rent does seem rather excessive, unless the house is really special?? Dont know where you're moving from but rents have dropped in Portlaoise, as is the case across the country.
    Love to know how you get on though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kideez

Patrick- that rent is at least 100 euro too much a month! Buy a Leinster expire while your here and check out the average rent in the houses advertised.. There are loads for rent in esker hills so don't get ripped off!
    As for hooda- I believe their wholesaler let them down yesterday.. Hopefully shelves will be fuller next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Think you're spot on there with the rent. Around €650 to €675 was to going rate before Christmas when someone I know checked it out. Could be even less now. Good advice on the Leinster Express. Would also love to know which house it is - am pretty familiar with alot of them.
    Sorry to hear that Hooda's wholesaler let them down - must have been so disappointing for them as I reckon they must have already been behind target on their opening. Don't think anyone would or should judge them too harshly on their first day though. I hope it goes well for them:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 patrick126

Thanks very much for your quick replys. I was talking to the estate agent today and he said the owner would let it go for €700 a month no problem on a 6 month lease and he reckons we might get it a bit cheaper again if I take the years lease. So if the house is in good condition I'll push him towards €650 and see what he says.
    I'm coming from Carlow and rent is a bit higher over here so seems to be better value for money in Portlaoise.

Thanks again and I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow and will pick up a Leinster express while I'm there and compare prices.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Fairgreen 1

Hi to all in Esker Hills from Fairgreen Phase 1. My name is Alan Kelly and I am the current Chairperson of the phase 1 residents association in Fairgreen phase 1. We have responsibility for 261 houses in the Carmody, Higgins and Glenkeen areas of the estate.

Congratulations to all of you who have at any time been involved in the running and organisation of committees in your estate. Hard work yes but rewarding at times. We have from time to time experienced similar problems to the ones raised in your thread here, your forum and website.

Currently we maintain our own green areas, have successfully installed speed ramps, have a neighbourhood watch of sorts and a good relationship with local councillors and officials in Laois CoCo. We have had to deal with asb, at times less than co operative property management companies, residents (of many types and backgrounds) who see the maintenance of our estate as somebody elses problem, low levels of funding.

Keep up the good work that you do because as we all no, nobody is going to maintain our estates for us. :)

We have recently launched our own forum at www.fairgreenresidents.com. Please check it out when you get a chance.

Fairgreen Residents Association Phase 1

• Registered Users Posts: 31 El Hamos

I'm looking at letting a house in Esker hills, just not sure what estate agent to use. Any recommendations would be much appreciated?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

I never heard anything positive about any of them, only bad things.
    I realise this is not helpful, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 El Hamos

Hey Bicky,

Unfortunately I have heard nothing positive either.

Just a quick question for anyone living in the estate. I have been away through work and out of the house a couple of months now, seems like my water softener timer is unhappy (very noisey). There were leaflets slipped through the door a while back, don't suppose anyone still has the name and number of the crowd doing the water softener services?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

El Hamos wrote: »
    Hey Bicky,

Unfortunately I have heard nothing positive either.

Just a quick question for anyone living in the estate. I have been away through work and out of the house a couple of months now, seems like my water softener timer is unhappy (very noisey). There were leaflets slipped through the door a while back, don't suppose anyone still has the name and number of the crowd doing the water softener services?

Cheers!

There's a company called Spring soft who look after that kinda thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 kideez

I was talking to one of the Hooda guys and business is not going well for them... He didn't sound optimistic that they would last much longer :(

kideez wrote: »
    I was talking to one of the Hooda guys and business is not going well for them... He didn't sound optimistic that they would last much longer :(

That's really disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 blankdeck

That's really disappointing.
    Hi everybody, I'm moving in in two weeks, what about if everyone just popped in for one item each day. a newspaper, an apple, fags whatever, a shops an important thing to hold onto, i know this from living in the middle of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

kideez wrote: »
    I was asking the lad in there about this and they said things were going well enough and it was getting busier week by week and they've no plans to close.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TippTopp

Esker Hills Clean Up Day
    Saturday 21st April 2012 @ 12pm – Meeting point @ Entrance of Esker Hills
    Refreshments provided at finish
    Bring sweeping brushes or any equipment that would make a difference to the clean up effort. Litter Pickers, bags and gloves will be provided.
    We’d appeal to all Residents who park their cars along the roadsides to move them, in order that litter picking and weed removal can take place
    Looking forward to seeing you
    All are welcome

How is the place?

I was away for college but hopefully am moving back now shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 9 DanInRealTime

Hi guys,

The wife and I are considering looking at a house on Hawthorn Way, just before it meets Heather Lane. Can anyone give any advice on what that part of the estate is like?

Thanks!

Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TippTopp

Tidy Estates Competition - Help needed please

Clean up this Wednesday 26th Sept at 7 pm for judging of tidy estates competition - Meeting point at main entrance at water pond and to walk back towards Big Green at Laurel Drive, Hawthorn, Heather, Bluebell Primrose etc. If Wednesday is not suitable please come out on Saturday 29th midday. If neither suit please check if there is litter or weeds that you can remove outside your house and along paths and roadside surrounding your house. It would be nice get a better mark this year. For more information please check out Esker Hills on Facebook. Thank you for all your efforts to date.

Advertisement