Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esker Hills

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ***pitbull***

also all the cameras have been broken and actual discon by the vermin that hang round all the time at the enterance

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

Well, just back from the meeting and tbh I felt it went very well.

I know the subject of anti social behaviour came up a lot but lets be fair, there is only so much the builders can do about this and I think they were very understanding and willing to help. They also didn't have to bother turning up in the first place! It must be horrible for the residents dealing with scum like that on a daily basis though! Let's hope now that we seen the level of support throughout the estate that we can get rid of these knackers and get the place cleaned up where they've wrecked it

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭elainee40

I didnt actually think there was that bad of anti social behaviour until last nights meeting, Granted im not at that part of the front of the estate but i am around the corner from the council houses at the front and there does be disturbances there.

Wonder if he'll stick to the letters re parking etc

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

ok.. missed the meeting.. what was said?

An awful lot of talk was about Anti Social behaviour in the estate, around the shop and the creche, builders putting concrete bolders up at the shop by next wed's to stop the cars going up for sale etc.

Builders are going to send a letter around to all houses about parking re laurel drive.

They wont be putting bins in the estate. emmmmmmm

Let me think

• Advertisement

elainee40 wrote: »
    An awful lot of talk was about Anti Social behaviour in the estate, around the shop and the creche, builders putting concrete bolders up at the shop by next wed's to stop the cars going up for sale etc.

Builders are going to send a letter around to all houses about parking re laurel drive.

They wont be putting bins in the estate. emmmmmmm

Let me think

Was what has been said accurate so..

Shop is deffo to become a Spar?
    Creche has been sold and is to become offices?

Re the shop it was brought up if there was an off license to go into and he said that its up to who ever buys it over.

Builder said he has 3 purpose built creches in the estate, the big one that is boarded up and another 2 the sizes of normal houses.
    At the moment they cant get anyone to buy the big creche so they are looking at maybe business.

I never realised that ASB was such a big issue either. We're right down the end of Laurel drive and, thank god, we never have any trouble!

Like Elaine said, the builders are going to send out a letter about the on street parking, they're trying to get the shops and creches filled and hope to have it sorted in 4 months or so. In the meantime they're going to put concrete bollards across the car park at the shop to stop people flogging cars. They also said that if needs be, they'll be putting alarms and cameras to both areas.

They won't be putting in bins and they doubt the council will unless we petition them for some. Before the handover to the council they're going to make sure all street lights, services etc are in full working order.

For the houses affected by kids crossing the railway tracks and climbing over their back walls, they said they'd talk to Iarnrod Eireann to see if they can sort it out as the back walls are higher than the building regs anyway. They also said they would try to contact the landlords for any houses that have problematic tenants and that they might issue a letter to local letting agents to try vet the tenants more. The metal gates at the top of....(can't remember the road name) are going to be locked from now on and they may put timber cladding on front of them to make it look better. They also said that it's the farmer's repsonsibility (a condidtion of the planning I think)to clean the road after himself if he goes in and out of that gate so I'm sure they'll provide his contact details to the RA.

Ehhmmmmm what else....

They're assisting us in setting up a Residents association and last night a secretary, chairman and treasurer were elected and Owenass will be contacting these to give them as much help as possible. They also elected a rep for "Anti-Social behavior" to liaise with the gardaí because it seems there are numerous complaints and each case is treated seperatly by different gardaí so in future, a more concentrated effort will be done dealing directly with the garda liason officer. A petition may also be circulated about this.

There were a few complaints about the traffic calming measures too. The middle-of-the-road bollards on the narrow bends like Blueberry hill, in particular and the lack of road signs. Essentially we were told that the place was audited by a traffic control firm and it meets their requirements so there will be no more signs, ramps being erected or removed. He said something about a roundabout somewhere too I believe but I might've misheard that.

All in all, I was really impressed with the turnout last night and it seems that 90% of the estate are owner occupiers that care a great deal about the estate, it's appearance and it's upkeep. In the next few months, the R.A will hopefully be up and running, the ASB will be stopped and we can get on with looking after our homes!

Sorry about the long post. If I've forgotten anything, please add it in!:D

Sorry forgot to mention, it seemed last night that the prospect of a SPAR (or similar) going in could be a possibility. They didn't confirm or deny anything but they did say a convenience store is the likely prospect. Someone then piped up about not wanting an off-licence and they said very little about that. I'm presuming because most SPAR's and the like do sell wine and a small selection of cans & spirits so they couldn't say there WASN'T going to be an offo and that it'd be up to the management of the store to ensure they sold drink responsibly. I'm guessing the chap that piped meant he didn't want a dedicated off licence like Egan's up the town or browns around the corner, rather than a shop that sold drink in addition to everything else!

As for the creche, they are'nt sold but they're looking at the prospect of selling two small creches and using the big one as office space due to the current economy making it very difficult to sell. TBH I can't see anyone setting up an office there except maybe a doctor or something like that. Who knows though. The sooner it's filled, the better

just wondering did anything come up about all the cameras being smashed last week tbh i seen wat i think was a junkie up 2 no good behind the back of the shops he kept looking out 2 c no 1 was coming.. will they ever shut the main gates 2 that u need a zapper 2 get in because any1 can walk in after all its also makes me sick 2 think i bought my house and then some of the people in the counsil houses do give a **** about the place

No they wont put gates up on the main enterence due to Fire and safety reasons. eg fire and ambulace service cant get in

• Advertisement

ok.. but think something really needs to be done after all

Yeah it's a pity that we couldnt get gates like an apartment complex, would've been great but to be fair, there's far too many houses and cars coming and going, not to mention visitors for it to ever work properly really. Plus, as elaine said, the fire service would never have it.

I must really be living in a bubble cos apart from the gang of romanian (?) kids that used to hang around, I havn't seen anything bad in the estate....especially no junkies shooting up behind the shops :mad: or people being followed home!!!

all i can say is im glad i dont live at the front of the estate

elainee40 wrote:
    all i can say is im glad i dont live at the front of the estate

Me too! I hope something can be done about it tho, it must be awful for the people affected by it

:rolleyes: i wonder if they will have the concret bollards up by tomorrow as promised

But that car is still just sitting there!

I put signs up on both cars (blue Kia and a red megan I think) on Friday night around 6pm as I walked the dogs passed. I asked them politely to move the cars as the builders would be blocking it off today (I know it's tomorrow but didn't want to take a chance) When I got back an hour later, the sign on the blue kia was gone (cheeky git) so I put ANOTHER one on the windscreen. Both cars were moved then Saturday lunchtime. If they park again, I'll be ringing them and it won't be to put an offer on their poxy cars!!! I see a truck is parked in it tonight though! Wait and see, some sap will park there tomorrow and leave for the day and the builders won't be able to put up the bollards. i suppose they/we should've put up a sign saying it's gonna be blocked off tomorrow.

:mad::mad::mad:

Just in case anyone is interested- there's provisional arrangements made for a residents association meeting at 8pm on Wednesday the 16th of June in O' Loughlins Hotel on the main street. A letter will be circulated around the estate to confirm this sometime over the coming week

adser53 wrote: »
    Just in case anyone is interested- there's provisional arrangements made for a residents association meeting at 8pm on Wednesday the 16th of June in O' Loughlins Hotel on the main street. A letter will be circulated around the estate to confirm this sometime over the coming week

So, where is that?

So, where is that?

It's right smack bang in the middle of the main street a few doors back up from Egan's Pub or Shaw's Dept store.. It has like a canopy/pillar type thing outside it. Club 23 is at the back of it too.

Also, I got my dates wrong, it's wednesday the 17th, not 16th as I posted above. :o

• Advertisement

Asder53 are you one of the lads on the committe???

elainee40 wrote: »
    Asder53 are you one of the lads on the committe???

Yup i am indeed

where are you orignally from or your girlfriend??

Sorry for asking but if your the person i saw at the first meeting, i know your girlfriend to see if you's are from Tallaght??

Lol no worries, the more people we know the better! We dont know many people in the estate yet. Im from rathcoole and my girlfriends from clondalkin. Im the lad with the glasses that was badgering the builders :) and my girlfriend was the long brown haired girl sitting beside me. Im the last lad that put his hand up for the commitee. The other chap sitting at our table has glasses too and hes the secretary. He was the first lad to speak up at the start. The last lad on the commitee was sitting at the table beside us, tall lad with the blonde girlfriend. Theyre from dublin too but im not sure whereabouts. Im not sure if it was me or the other dublin lad your talking about tho

Hey,

Ha you must think im stalker lol, no it was the other lad with the girl with blonde hair.

I was standing at that meeting saying, i know that girl from somewhere in my head haha.

I was the one standing at the carvery (not the mad one going on about " in my experiance") i was beside her, i was one who brought it up about the parking on laurel drive

Lol it doesnt surprise me that you might know them. We all met up last week and her boyfriend knows nearly everyone in the estate! I cant remember your face to be honest but good on ya for piping up bout the parking! The builders still havnt sent the letter out about that. Were all meeting up again tonight and i think theres a few other people gona come that are gonna be kinda like road/block leaders there too but im not sure. I think they gave their names after the owenass meeting. We were talking the last day bout having some sort of voluntary clean up day in the estate, would anyone b up for that? Just an hour or 2 some day to pick up the bits of litter and such?

I think a clean up day etc would be a great idea, gets the kids involved in it or something.

Exactly!

adser53 wrote: »
    Lol it doesnt surprise me that you might know them. We all met up last week and her boyfriend knows nearly everyone in the estate! I cant remember your face to be honest but good on ya for piping up bout the parking! The builders still havnt sent the letter out about that. Were all meeting up again tonight and i think theres a few other people gona come that are gonna be kinda like road/block leaders there too but im not sure. I think they gave their names after the owenass meeting. We were talking the last day bout having some sort of voluntary clean up day in the estate, would anyone b up for that? Just an hour or 2 some day to pick up the bits of litter and such?

It would have to be at a weekend, but yeah I think thats a really good idea!

• Advertisement

It would have to be at a weekend, but yeah I think thats a really good idea!

Ah definitely the weekend! I doubt one person would go out midweek to do it. Glad you think its a good idea

Advertisement