Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esker Hills

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭elainee40

should be interesting to see what / who comes out to help lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

Hi guys, I was thinking there would be something on Boards about Esker hills. I live there too, down at the end. The only thing I see is people walking dogs on the big green, and children falling in dog poo. Other than that we've had no problems.
    I would be into going to the meeting, as well as a clean up day. The rubbish along Laurel drive is as eye sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

Hi bodhan, we must be neighbours so, i live right down the end of laurel drive too overlooking the green. Rest assured if my dogs ever poop while out on their walks its picked up straight away :) Theres always some ar*ehole though that leaves it. Youre right too about the rubbish, its very bad in some spots but IMO laurel drive isn't the worst of it by a long shot. I was out on Saturday picking it up and sweeping down the road outside my house and a few minutes makes a huge difference so its great to hear someone else is up for the clean up day

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

adser53 wrote: »
    Hi bodhan, we must be neighbours so, i live right down the end of laurel drive too overlooking the green. Rest assured if my dogs ever poop while out on their walks its picked up straight away :) Theres always some ar*ehole though that leaves it. Youre right too about the rubbish, its very bad in some spots but IMO laurel drive isn't the worst of it by a long shot. I was out on Saturday picking it up and sweeping down the road outside my house and a few minutes makes a huge difference so its great to hear someone else is up for the clean up day

Should I have recieved a letter by now?

Should I have recieved a letter by now?

One of the commitee members started to hand them out over the weekend- they aren't being posted. I think she got 100 or so done and will do the rest of them as soon as she gets a chance and more printed

• Advertisement

I got mine this evening, I'll be there for the meeting on the 17th. Oh and howdy neighbour!

One of the commitee members started to hand them out over the weekend- they aren't being posted. I think she got 100 or so done and will do the rest of them as soon as she gets a chance and more printed

Ah, thats cool, ta!

If anyone needs a hand delivering etc, give me a shout and id be only to happy to help.

Can honestly say buttercup ave is a mess

elainee40 wrote: »

Can honestly say buttercup ave is a mess

Really?

Thats where I am..

Are we worse than other areas?
    Oh dear, thats embarrasing.
    Well I'm really going to have to pay more attention

Down the bottom part is as you come in off laurel drive, top part is smashing lol.

What part you in on road?

Im in Primrose ave around corner

• Advertisement

Yeah its awful down the bottom, at the empty 2 storey apartments/houses, those knacker kids hav one of the buildings wrecked! The builders havnt looked after the greens behind them either,its like a jungle!

Yeah its awful down the bottom, at the empty 2 storey apartments/houses, those knacker kids hav one of the buildings wrecked! The builders havnt looked after the greens behind them either,its like a jungle!

Yeah, there are a fair few 'tucked away' places untouched since seeding it seems.

Oh, and I've seen two of those 2-story apartments whereby only one side is inhabited, and the other horribly messy.
    One side, the upstairs side, all lovely and well kept, and the other a wilderness. It's the landlords fault I know, ut it's very ugly.

I'm sort of in the middle, on a road that links Buttercup to some other road, not at the bottom, more toward the top, around the corner from the little green area.

My Leccy went this morning.. some time before 4am.. did that happen to anyone else?
    Meant my alarm didn't wake me!

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Electricity went here in blossom court as well.

The lights were out in Esker Hills lol, same in my place but my Dauther was up at 6am (Shes 8 months) so I was up anyway. Came back on before 7 I think. Don't forget all your timers are now wrong, the boilers and such.

Bodhan wrote: »
    The lights were out in Esker Hills lol, same in my place but my Dauther was up at 6am (Shes 8 months) so I was up anyway. Came back on before 7 I think. Don't forget all your timers are now wrong, the boilers and such.

Oh yeah.. that explains it
    (D'Oh)

Sonic, your just behind me i think by the sounds of it.

Our Leccy went to, just aswell the house alarm started buzzing otherwise i would have never woke up

Our leccie went too. Lucky i use my mobile as my alarm.
    We were out last night handing out the last of the letters about the residents meeting. If anyone didnt get one let me know and ill drop one down :)

Our leccie went too. Lucky i use my mobile as my alarm.
    We were out last night handing out the last of the letters about the residents meeting. If anyone didnt get one let me know and ill drop one down :)

yeah, think I'll use my mobile instead in future!

And, yeah, I got my letter last night, thank you!

yeah, think I'll use my mobile instead in future!

And, yeah, I got my letter last night, thank you!

No bother at all :).

If you saw us handing them out, I was the lad with the dog

Ha were you bringing "Security" with you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ***pitbull***

u need security dwn here...

elainee40 wrote: »
    Ha were you bringing "Security" with you

:) ha ha ha no just killed two birds with one stone- leaflets handed out and dog walked!

last night i noticed 2 romanians going out the back of 1 of the houses that are empty.. so i got dressed went over they were gone but the patio pane of glass was all smashed prop trying 2 break in. also these have no alarms would the counsil have bought them... any advice part from unleashing the hounds at them and smashing them up i am so pissed of....

last night i noticed 2 romanians going out the back of 1 of the houses that are empty.. so i got dressed went over they were gone but the patio pane of glass was all smashed prop trying 2 break in. also these have no alarms would the counsil have bought them... any advice part from unleashing the hounds at them and smashing them up i am so pissed of....

Fair play to you pitbull! Was it 2 kids or adults? I'm not exactly sure which houses are council- afaik I think it's the first row of houses up the first turn on the right (Buttercup avenue) and the 2 storey apartment/houses on the same stretch. I'd report it to owenass first thing tomorrow cos the last thing you want is squatters in an empty house. They've already boarded up one door on one of the empty apartments next door to 33 Buttercup avenue (where the kids melted the lamp outside)

I'm sick of those filthy fcukers wrecking all the empty houses, spraying graffitti, throwing rubbish around, hanging around and spreading sh1t on the walls (I'm not joking about that, they actually smear sh1t and doodle pictures with faeces on the walls) I hope they get the bullet soon for everyones sakes.

I've no advice for you though- if you unleash the hounds, you're the one that'll end up in the crapper. Trust me, I'd be very tempted to do the same in your shoes but you just can't. Those gypsys know the law better than the gardaí do :mad:

il ring owness 2 moro there were bout 17 or 18 id say...there are pure ****ing vermin and i hope i catch more over there again.. something needs 2 be done...anyway if they went near my wall they wont last long wit my friends out my back lol would u say these r cousil houses with no alarms.. im near primrose

Hey guys, the first turn right after the block appartments are all council houses, the ones on the right and the 2 house apartments plus the right after that, all those house's on the right are council houses too.

I live on primrose ave so they would basically be the back of me but luckly enough far enough away from me if you know what i mean.
    But there is romainan (i think) kids go up and down primrose ave and on to the turn towards buttercup ave EVERY evening and the noise of they, other day i opened the front door and there they were sitting on my steps leaning against my front door and sitting on the car.

I dont know how many times ive told them to move and a next door have too as they keep waking my little one

Those scumbag kids all live up around the top of Buttercup avenue in PRIVATELY rented houses afaik!!!! You may have seen the white Kia c'eed with Slovakian plates driving around? That's one of them.

They also don't sh1t where they eat, they only cause trouble away from their houses. One of the main problems people seem to be having is the kids hanging around outside their doorways, as elaine said, and refusing to move and intimidating the owners.

I don't live down there so I may be wrong in saying this but I think the council houses / tenants are pretty ok, it's just those kids.

A number of complaints have been made to the letting agents, gardaí etc about them. The biggest joke of all is that the family who seem to be the biggest trouble makers, rented a house on Laurel drive, right opposite the cul de sac in primrose avenue and they caused unending grief to the people around them. They got put out of the house eventually and guess where they ended up..........Buttercup avenue!!!!:mad::mad:

WTF? How does that make sense???? Kick them out of a house for being animals and put them up in another house in the same estate? Figure that one out.:confused:

Those scumbag gypo kids are Slovakian and all live up around the top of Buttercup avenue in PRIVATELY rented houses afaik!!!! You may have seen the white Kia c'eed with Slovakian plates driving around? That's one of them.

Yeah that car flies up and down Primrose Ave, even a someone cross the road has said he will kill someone soon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I really don't see how it's racist. They ARE the ones causing all the trouble. This was merely stating the facts and the word scumbag is neutral to all races. We're not generalising here, we're talking about a specific group of individuals that live in esker hills, not an entire race of people. If they were irish, romanian, polish, french, nigerian etc, it'd make no difference at all to the overall remarks and I for one would be just as quick to condemn them regardless of race or nationality

I do apologise if i've inadvertantly offended anyone though :o

Advertisement