Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esker Hills

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

A friend of mine who lives in esker hills and owns Kyle cleaning services is planning on a big clean up down there next week.
    david@kylecleaning.ie might make some sense if ye all work together

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

Cheers Moose, I'll send him a mail

Just to confirm the details, we'll try for the clean up of the estate next Wednesday (the 14th). I'll be down on the green at the very entrance of the estate at 7pm to meet anyone who wants to give a hand. It won't take long, please just come along, grab a bag and pick up a bit of rubbish on your way home.

You all know how hard it is to get the word out around the estate about, well anything really, so please try and let people know about it. I've attached a copy of a leaflet that I'm hoping people might print off a few copies of (there' 2 leaflets per A4 page to save on your paper ) and stick them through their neighbours doors. It's the only way to get people to join in....

I hope to see you all next Wednesday, have a nice weekend.

Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

Adser,

I'm printing off 20 A4, so that's 40 leaflets, I'll run around my side of the green tomorrow and try to rally some troops for the clean up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Nice work Adam. I will be there. I do not have access to a printer, but i will tell people i see.

• Advertisement

Thanks a million lads, i'll see yis on Wednesday so. And cheers again Bob for doing the leaflets around the green

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

Somebody appears to have stolen my blue wheelie bin :(

Did you get it back Sonic?

On a side note, Esker Hills is on Facebook now :D

My my we are getting all techy lol Facebook no less. Whats the link?

I sent you a friend request already Bob. Didn't ya get it?

And I've no credit to write back to you but thanks for doin that tomorrow and let me know what the lad quotes :)

I love it when a plan comes together

• Advertisement

adser53 wrote: »
    I sent you a friend request already Bob. Didn't ya get it?

And I've no credit to write back to you but thanks for doin that tomorrow and let me know what the lad quotes :)

I love it when a plan comes together

I see Esker Hills is live lol. Well I just got skype welcome to the 20th century lol

Tell you what, I'll make it easier.... I'll run a wire between both our houses, across the green, with a can either end so we can converse properly lol :D

Just a reminder, clean up is tonight at 7pm meeting on the green at the estate entrance. Hope to see yis there

Hi all,

I want to make a big shout out to all of you who helped with tonights clean up of the estate and in organising it. I really want to thank Alan Hand for bringing the whole Laois clean up week to my attention (and therfore getting the ball rolling on tonight in the first place) and for joining us this evening, to David Finn from Kyle Cleaning Services (and more importantly, from Esker Hills ;)) for supplying us with the bags and gloves, to all the residents that took the time to print off leaflets and spread the word about tonight and of course to all those that took part.

All in all at least 40 people took part but I reckon it was more as I saw a number of people around the estate cleaning up that I didn't meet at the estate entrance initially (plus a lot of kids joined in) and I have to say I think the place looks fantastic now! Well done everyone, you all did great work and it was great to get so many of you out. It was a pleasure to meet you all!

I hoped tonight would also be used as a platform for people to get to know eachother and their neighbours and I do think it was a step in the right direction towards getting a bit of a community going in the estate and to help people get to know eachother and maybe set up committees, neighbourhood watches and the like. If tonight helped that in any way then it was worth the work.

I'll talk to you all soon and as always I'm going to finish by encouraging people to join our mailng list on out website at http://sites.google.com/site/eskerhills/, or join our forum at http://eskerhills.myfreeforum.org/, or join our thread on boards.ie at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055547327&page=15. At the very least join us on facebook (Esker Hills / esker.hills@gmail.com). It just makes getting the word out about future events / announcements so much easier for me so please sign up if you havn't already and tell your neighbours.

Thanks again everybody,

Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭elainee40

Is anyone having problems with UPC this morning. We have no telly, broadband or phone working. I'm on iPhone typing this. Was gone since about five this morning

elainee40 wrote: »
    Is anyone having problems with UPC this morning. We have no telly, broadband or phone working. I'm on iPhone typing this. Was gone since about five this morning

It was bad last night, broadband speed was rubbish but it seems back up now. The UPC speeds in the estate are crap in the evening, but its supposed to be sorted this week I think

its shown connected on wireless but there is no signal gone through to comp or no signal to tv

elainee40 wrote: »
    its shown connected on wireless but there is no signal gone through to comp or no signal to tv

The wireless connected means that the computer is connected to the modem, but the modem might not be connected to the outside world.

Open a command window on your computer, on XP it's Start - Run - CMD - OK. On Vista and Windows 7 it's Start - in the search box type CMD and open it.

In the command window type ping www.yahoo.com and see what the result is.

Also in the command window type ipconfig and enter.

Post your results here if you can

how i do print screen

other half just on to upc, 3 other people same, emgineer on way out to main cable
    ty bohan

• Advertisement

Hope you get it sorted now, mine still seems fine but I don't have UPC TV just broadband. It was messed up last night though, there's supposed to be an upgrade happening for this estate you might ask the engineer about that

hey, all service came back about 5pm that evening, all primrose ave and buttercup ave were gone for some reason

thanks for ur help

Just a notice..

Anyone with a petrol lawnmower who is willing to help cut the grass at the entrance please meet at the main gates this friday (May 14th) at 6pm. Spread the word too folks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Saw the poster when coming home from work this evening - am planning on sending the hubby out to help:D:D:D I told him it said men only on the poster!
    On a more serious note, something really needs to be done about the grass cutting and general tidiness of the estate at this stage. I hear the folk in Buttercup Ave have arranged for a guy to cut their grass on a regular basis - anyone know who this is and how to make contact with the grass cutter? Few people here in Bluebell Way are interested in doing the same thing.
    Well done to the organiser of tomorrow evenings "Big Mow"!

Shazanne wrote: »
    Saw the poster when coming home from work this evening - am planning on sending the hubby out to help:D:D:D I told him it said men only on the poster!
    On a more serious note, something really needs to be done about the grass cutting and general tidiness of the estate at this stage. I hear the folk in Buttercup Ave have arranged for a guy to cut their grass on a regular basis - anyone know who this is and how to make contact with the grass cutter? Few people here in Bluebell Way are interested in doing the same thing.
    Well done to the organiser of tomorrow evenings "Big Mow"!

Hey Shazanne, each green is the responsibilty of the houses around it as the council, ONS etc won't touch them.
    The greens on Buttercup and Laurel Drive have been cut and everyone around them had to pay for the cutting.

I couldn't tell you what the story is for Buttercup as I don't live there but for Laurel Drive (North), 2 of us organised to whole thing by getting quotes and then going around collecting money from the houses to get our green cut and it's been cut 3 times so far. But the hilly green at the entrance was cut by one of the residents who lives beside it and he just went out and cut it. This same lad is the one organising the mowing for the other common green bits around the lake & entrance

If you're prepared to go around collecting money and such, we can give you the contact details of the lad doing our green who, I'm sure will gladly, give you a quote and you can take it from there. This means knocking on doors around you, chatting to the people, calling back to collect the contribution and managing the funds. It does take time and effort but someone has to do it. It'll be a lot less stress for you if you have a neighbour who's willing to help you.
    Otherwise there's no other choice than convincing your neighbours to join you with their lawnmowers. :rolleyes:

Ads

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TippTopp

Hi Shazanne,

The guy who is cutting grass at the top of Buttercup is Eamonn Flanagan (the residents grouped together and contacted him directly) As far as I know he cuts the grass in the common areas once a week which it really looks well. I don't have his contact number, but as Adser said on the earlier post contact your neighbours and club together and then to go to Eamonn. One way of contacting him would via the ONS Office with the proposal of cutting in order for quote etc. I forget how many houses in total are in the group for Buttercup but it seems to be working fine.

Hope this is of help to you

Tipptopp

Thank's TippTop! We will get on to that asap. Hubby couldn't go to the clean-up this evening - his Mum was taken into hospital last night so things went a bit astray as regards any plans we had. I really hope it went well - I'm not long in from work and it looked quiet enough down there. But it's a positive start and it will catch on once the word spreads.
    Am I right in assuming that you're from Tipp? If so, I'm blue and gold as well:D I'll always be a Tipp woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TippTopp

Spot on!! as from the premier county as well. Will be shouting for Munster this evening hee hee
    Didn't make the "Big Mow" as had a work gig last night. But noticed on my way home last night that a huge effort was made mowing and tidying along the front of estate - well done to all!

TippTopp wrote: »
    Spot on!! as from the premier county as well. Will be shouting for Munster this evening hee hee
    Didn't make the "Big Mow" as had a work gig last night. But noticed on my way home last night that a huge effort was made mowing and tidying along the front of estate - well done to all!

I'll second that! And I hope that the next time out there'll be more on board. Even if there was a drive to get everyone out in their own areas at the same time?? Well done again to the organisers of yesterday evening - they should take a bow!

• Advertisement

It's been a while folks but here's a quick update. The reason the pond is in bits is because the power has been knocked off to the pumps. My understanding is that Laois CC never took over/started an account with the ESB for it after Owenass left the site. The town manager hasn't responded to my letter sent almost 5 or 6 weeks ago but thats probably because half of them are on a months holidays. They're trying to wash their hands of it at this stage cos they havn't got the money for it. It's doubtful anything is going to happen soon unfortunatly, all we can do is keep the pressure on. I'll send them another letter but I won't hold my breath for a reply.
    Also, the Hawthorn Way committee is organising a clean up at the entrance tonight at 6pm. Unfortunatly I cant make it but if you've an hour to spare and a strimmers or mower itching to cut some grass, please go along and give them a hand.
    Finally, check out page 18 of this weeks Leinster express as theres an article about the lake, the clean up and the Hawthorn commitee.

Advertisement