Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how broke is broke?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

snyper wrote: »
    He can.

eventually they will stop being delivered.. when his house is reposessed

If it was me, I couldn't ignore them, would make some attempt to contact the bank and try and sort things out. (If the bank was willing to listen is another thing)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Saibh wrote: »
    If it was me, I couldn't ignore them, would make some attempt to contact the bank and try and sort things out. (If the bank was willing to listen is another thing)

The banks will listen.

Ignoring the letters is the worst thing to do. People forget about a little thing called credit rating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Broke is when you can afford the petrol in your car let alone the bus fare anywhere...

Thank god im not at that stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭narwog81

snyper wrote: »
    The banks will listen.

Ignoring the letters is the worst thing to do. People forget about a little thing called credit rating.

3 months of arrears and then it affects your credit rating. You can apply online for your own report on www.icb.ie

if something negative goes on it takes a long time to come off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Att-tichoo wrote: »
    im broke when, my o/draft is maxed and i have no money until pay day..no money, no where to get money, no savings to dip into..NOTHING..literally no access to funds anywhere

i hate when people say they're broke..."well apart from my savings" if you have savings your not broke...you have no cash by choice but you have access to money if you were stuck!!

Yup, I'm living off my savings, so if I had 'only' less than 3 grand (which is significantly more then my savings), I'd be happy out.

The only thing that's keeping me afloat is the fact I live with my parents, so shelter and food is paid for.

But I'm really, really broke. So broke I'm accepting 'loans' (like a tenner) from my friends who are on the dole!:pac:

On the upside, I don't have any debts (well, real ones i.e. ''I owe ten grand to the bank" type debts) or credit cards. So I'm not in the sh1t yet, thank god.

• Advertisement
Advertisement