Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What you listen to today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭godspal

Eric B & Rakim - Paid in Full

The one that started the Golden Age.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Foreign Legion - Kidnapper Van (music to rock to while out bike stealing).
    Top five west coast albums of all time, FACT!

One of the singles below.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Edgehead

KiD CuDi - "A kId NaMeD CuDi (The Mixtape)"

My favourite mixtape currently. He could of put this out as an album and I would have been happy to pay for it.

I've also been listening to some J. Cole. I don't see what all the hype surrounding him is about.

Appropriately so: A Long Hot Summer - Masta Ace

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Started off the day with Soul Position - 8 Million Stories follwed by Capital D - Insomnia and Cella Dwella's Realms N Reality. been a good day so far

• Advertisement

Two heavy spitters from Boston:

Reks - Grey Hairs
    Termanology - Politics as Usual

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Some Punch & Words, then some Q-Tip

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Not strictly hip-hop, but having been listening to Damian Marley - Welcome to Jamrock all week, getting warmed up for Distant Relatives.

Dj Shadow - Endtroducing

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭beya2009

Been listening 2 Eminem's "beautiful". the song is dope..brings back memories of the creative very skilled Eminem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Being listening to Vakill - Darkest Cloud alot. Great album has some of the best lines ive heard in a long time!
    ''Vakill is like columbians sitting in a circle,my names got a dope ring to it''.
    Reminds me alot of Ras Kass' soul ice,with better production.

Viktor Vaughn - Vaudeville Villain
    Its another amazing album from the super-villian

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Royce Da 5'9" - The revival ep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭discostick12

Can't seem to stop listening to Lady Gaga's ''The Fame'' album, or Lily Allens ''Its Not Me Its You'' Album.
    Damn wish I was at Oxegen :mad:

Eminems new album as well can't forget him Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Saul Williams - Saul Williams

Some interesting tracks, worth a listen if you're looking for something a bit different.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Listened to some of the Mixtape Messiah series by Chamillionaire. Class stuff. Pity hes ending it next month

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

listened to a few things today:

Cecil Otter - False Hopes
    Illogic - Diabolical Fun
    Atmosphere - Lucy Ford
    Clipse - some mix tape i cant remember the name of

Rakim - The Master
    Raewkon - Only Built 4 the Cuban Linx

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I know lil Wayne isn't the most popular around these parts but I'm liking Always Strapped with Birdman. Started listening to the Carter 2 songs that I have on my iPod. Fireman especially is a very good song. Shame he decided to go all voice modifier in Tha Carter 3 because when he raps normally he is very good imo. I liked A Millie on the new album but most of the songs are too pop for my liking.

godspal wrote: »
    Rakim - The Master
    Raewkon - Only Built 4 the Cuban Linx

What do you think of The Master, i didnt really give it much of a listen when it first came out, i remember being disappointed with it.

Is it worth giving another listen to?

• Advertisement

The Master is a far more accessible affair than The 18th Letter, the songs are less profound though and I honestly prefer The 18th Letter because its lyrically superior and the production is more definite than the mainstream appeal of The Master.
    You would have alot more fun listening to The Master... What you think of The 18th Letter?

godspal wrote: »
    The Master is a far more accessible affair than The 18th Letter, the songs are less profound though and I honestly prefer The 18th Letter because its lyrically superior and the production is more definite than the mainstream appeal of The Master.
    You would have alot more fun listening to The Master... What you think of The 18th Letter?

I'm a huge fan of the 18th Letter, it was a great statement of Ra's return, the production and lyrics where all top notch. I think it was the production that let me down when i listened to the Master.
    Anyway, The Master should be appearing on my machine soon so i'll give it a listen again.

EDIT: Listened to The Master a few times yesterday, i must have been foolish when it first came out, it's seriously good, there are a few wishy washy songs on it but overall i really like it. It wouldnt be as good as the 18th Letter, but it's damn good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Not sure if this comedy song called Butter Poo by Garry Carroll would be interpreted as hip hop but have a listen...for ****s n'giggles at least!

Jeru The Damaja - The Sun Rises in the East

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

P.O.S. - Never Better (prefer Audition)

Akir - Legacy (well worth a listen)

Gangstarr - Hard to Earn

Jakki the Motamouth- God Vs. Satan
    MHz - Table Scraps

Only got these recently, been meaning to get them for a while, really good hip hop from Columbus Ohio. The main reason i'm listening is to hear more of Camu Tao who passed away recently, but there isnt too many flaws on these albums. The only gripe i have with the Jakki album is the interludes where he is talking to the devil, a bit OTT.

MC LYTE - Aint No Other

Great album, every song is dope. Highly highly recommend this album.

Charizma and Peatnut Butter Wolf - Big Shots
    Another fantastic album from a good few years back now. This gets the Boom_Bap Gold Star seal of approval :)

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

Nas..
    last proper Rapper out there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Recently ive been listening to some of my favorites from the 90's
    wu tang clan-36 chambers
    gza=liquid swords
    big l-lifestyles of the poor and dangerous,etc
    kool g rap and dj polo-live and let die,ect.
    At the moment i'm listening to the new slaughterhouse album,sounds good so far

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 max nuggets

Mos Def - The Ecstatic
    Aesop Rock - Float

Advertisement