Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What you listen to today?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Seaneh wrote: »
    Fugees - The Score just came on my winamp, haven't listened to this album in ages.

Ish is classic.

Just listened to that myself the other day, brilliant album. As for today, only listened to one album, Rakim - 18th Letter. Dope album, shame it's all been downhill since then for the R

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

listened to the the new Busta Rhymes mixtape.
    Overall it is not but for considering its a mixtape but the 6 tracks the drum sounds were all the same but than again it is only a mixtape.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭godspal

Marco Polo - Port Authority:

Another Canadian Classic. Released in 2007 this is one of the best producer albums out there... Marco Polo is heavily influenced by Dj Premier. However unlike Premo he is more willing to indulge in a sense of grandeur, so the piano beats sounds more classical than Premo's samples taken from 60s-70s music.

And the album is just filled with famous rappers, three from the golden-age jump out straight away: Masta Ace, O.C. and Kool G. Rap. This doesn't mean that the album gets caught up in a false image of itself because there are plenty of underground rappers too: Buckshot, Wordsworth and Copywrite.

If you haven't got this album already, get it, you are truly missing out.

A little Taster:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

The new Eminem is 'out there' for anyone interested.

New Steele (of Smif 'n Wessun) and De La Soul around as well.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Orizio wrote: »
    The new Eminem is 'out there' for anyone interested.

New Steele (of Smif 'n Wessun) and De La Soul around as well.

Funnily enough, i just listened toDa Shinning by Smif n Wessun today, its a cracker. But the more recent stuff by them that i've heard isnt so good. Might check out the new Steele album for curiosity's sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

been listening to MJEX albums today. Probably the best of Irish hip-hop, gan dabht ar bith

Madvillian - Madvilliany

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Just two songs on constant repeat

Joell Ortiz ft Slaughterhouse - Move On
    Raekwon ft Ghostface Killah & Method Man - New Wu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Delicious Vinyl mix CD - 52 tracks from their back catalogue.

Freestyle Fellowship - To whom it may concern

• Advertisement

Pretty Ballerina - The Left Banke, Vlad The Impaler - Kasabian, Honky Tonk Women - Stones

All very good tunes have to say. The Left Banke's one is a 'hairs on the back of your neck' one. Kasabian are brill anyway. Stones, as usual...

^^^ this is a hip-hop forum man.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Raoul

Limp Bizkit and Method Man N 2 Gether Now

p.s Shut the f*ck up!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Zion I - The Take Over LP
    Lexicon - Rap Stars! (this album isnt out yet, but i gots it yo, tis dope as fook too!)
    iCon The Mic King - Rent Money Music 11 (mixtape, dope stuff).
    Gang Star - full Clip, a decade of Gang starr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 enola/alone

godspal wrote: »
    ^^^ this is a hip-hop forum man.

Sorry, had no idea. New to this bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 fluffy.death

Shameless plug for DJ Topcat. The good one, whichever that one is.

/edit: on further inspection, the only worthwhile ones so far are topcat various megamixes (which ever's got shuffle on it) and topcat vs. ratatat. Go forth!

been travelling so been listening to alot in the past few days:

Cage - I Never Knew You EP - This is absolutely brilliant, not your average hip hop but excellent.

Dagha - Object In Motion - stumbled accross this on my ipod without much knowledge of where it came from....but its an excellent album, much better than The Divorse

Dana Dane - Rollin With Dane....classic album

Brother Ali - The Truth Is Here......great listen and great prequel to the new album due out later this year

Qwel - A few different albums, he's my 'in' emcee at the moment

Illogic - Picked up one of his EPs recently called Off The Clock, it's dope

Aceyalone - Magnificent City, great collabo with RJD2, breath of fresh air like all Acey's albums

RJD2 - Loose Ends - compilation of remixes and songs he produced on peoples records, nice.

Aesop Rock - Bazooka Tooth - do i have to say anything about this????

Big Jus - Black Mamba Serums and V2.0 - not everyones cup of bovril but i think that these are seriously underrated albums

Fatlip - The lonliest punk - his album after the Pharcyde (who have now got back together) some rough songs on it but some bangers too.

Mr. Lif - Enter the colossus/Live At The Middle East/Sleepyheads

Lots more that i cant think of right now, been even rocking out to Eagles Of Death Metal alot too :pac:

Brother Ali - rope a dope LP, best tracks are the truth (freeway kills it!) and worlds an uproar (feat. prozack turner).

Mark ronson - here comes the fuzz

Red and Meth's new joint.

grip grand - brokelore

Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang
    Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt
    Dj Format - If You Can't Join'em... Beat'em

Today (as for the last few days) I have been listening to the same song, a LOT.

Jigga - D.O.A. <
    CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Fatlip

Is dope as ****, but also a tool.

Been the victim of some funny **** though, he started dissing Icon in LA a few years back and got slaughtered by him in front of his own fans.

Just another update on what i've been checking:

A-Trak - Sunglasses is a must
    Biggie - Ready To Die
    Sims - False Hopes 14
    Doomtree - False Hopes 13
    O.C. - Word...Life
    Mike Mictlan & Lazerbeak - Hand Over Fist
    Bus Driver - RoadKill Overcoat
    Cut Chemist - The Audience's Listening
    Das Efx - Hold It Down

Seanneh - Never heard that about Fatlip, time to do a little digging to see what happened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Murs - murray's revenge, 3.16 and Murs for president

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Today ive had a dose of

- 36 Chambers

and

- From The Word Go (MJEX)

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Cleared out the Mp3 last night and uploaded some older stuff on. Listened to Atliens on way to work today, forgot how good it was. Also Murs - The End of the Beginning last couple of days, some great tracks on it

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

today i listened to ultramagnetic mc's-critical beatdown (what an underrated album!) and typical cas-typical cats (qwel has some amazing verses on that album).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭judomick

Doom-Born Like This

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭busttropical

check out immortal technique if you havent already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

U-God - Train Trussle off the his new album. class song. not sure bout the full album yet though only a quick listen

The Pharcyde - Bizzare Ride...classic

Bus Driver - Jheli Beam.....on my second listen of the day at the moment. This is a top notch album, i'll probaby be listening to this for the rest of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Brother Ali - The Undisputed Truth. Nice nice album

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

The Return of Dr Octagon - brilliant.

Advertisement