Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE axe Seoige Show

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

They played highlights of all the best things that happened on the show and nothing happened except for the ginger from Eastenders playing guitar.

Thought that was an indictment of how poor the guests on the show were alright. Very odd person to show on the "best of shows" - not a very well known/popular/talented actor.

Have a funny feeling that one of the Seoige's will be on The Afternoon Show next year, as it seems to be getting at least one more season.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Wester

When ITV axed a lot of its afternoon programming-quizes, chat shows etc.-and replaced them with Inspector Morse re-runs, the re-runs got higher ratings. RTE take note: there's no need to throw good money after bad feeding the egos of x-list presenters.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭tintin67

Bond-007 wrote: »
    I for one would like to welcome the return of Murder She Wrote at 4.20 next Monday in place of Seoige. :D

Unpleasant. It would just lose viewers. Blathnaid is still pushing for Sheana 'vertigo' Keane to be back in the summer with a special barbeque themed Afternoon Show from the roof of RTE. Make sure you don't fall off, love.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Wester wrote: »
    When ITV axed a lot of its afternoon programming-quizes, chat shows etc.-and replaced them with Inspector Morse re-runs, the re-runs got higher ratings. RTE take note: there's no need to throw good money after bad feeding the egos of x-list presenters.

Only reason TV3 and RTÉ keep Judge Judy and The Bill on at 5 and 5:30 respectively. When they did try to move them the viewers left. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭goldfishlover

bring back o shea he was a ride

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭goldfishlover

"x list presenters "

thats a bit over the top

they are clearly z list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭population

giftgrub wrote: »
    The thought of Grainne taking over Prime Time if Miriam gets the Late Late gig terrifies me

I have heard, on pretty good authority, that she's incapable of going off script, if its not written down for her by a producer, forget about it.

Not what you want for the country's main current affairs programme

have heard the exact same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭GSF

giftgrub wrote: »
    The thought of Grainne taking over Prime Time if Miriam gets the Late Late gig terrifies me

I have heard, on pretty good authority, that she's incapable of going off script, if its not written down for her by a producer, forget about it.

Not what you want for the country's main current affairs programme
    Grainee interviewing Marie Hoctor should be fun then. It might take 23 takes to get it done.

How many times can you repeat Murder She Wrote?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Elmo wrote:
    How many times can you repeat Murder She Wrote?

I agree, bring back Manimal or Automan....or maybe even Street Hawk...

• Advertisement

Einstein wrote: »
    I agree, bring back Manimal or Automan....or maybe even Street Hawk...

But that doesn't answer my question :D I want a number.

I mean if I divide the total number of episodes by the number of years of the air will this give me the answer I am looking for.

264/13 = 20 minus the number of times Jessica was a suspect which was about twice = 18.

But is that 18 repeat this year?????

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

They should treat RTE HQ like the Big Brother house, 24/7 live uncensored feeds. That would be entertaining, all that intrigue and violence. Like the Truman Show on acid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

:eek::eek::eek:

He looked like a frightened rabbit. And he couldn't string two words together, it was hard work watching him.

Yeah but he's hot!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Have the fat girls found jobs yet?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

It's really wierd. Apparently RTE are keeping the fatter wun on for some other slot but they did say they probably will work with the slightly less fat and imo slightly better looking wun in the future.

Seems to me should be the other way round but you know RTE, stick with what you know etc etc.

Any hoo, I think the fat fuddy duddy wun should be put reading the news, she was arguably ok at that on the Irish sky news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The Spiddal dole office is expecting them anytime today. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

You'd have to wonder does the younger less plump one regret doing a runner on the husband to make it in the showbiz paradise that is RTE studios.......

Although he is a tv producer so she got her tuppence worth from him I'd say.

16:25 Murder, She Wrote
    Mystery series. An airport accident puts Jessica in hospital with a cast on her leg-but nothing can hold back the writer's instincts when a murder is committed....

Money well spent !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tis Murder She Wrote!

It must be free at this stage.

It only seems like yesterday when Grainne texted her resignation to TV3 before she grew extra long fingernails to claw her way up the greasy pole. Unfortunately the grease got too much for the extra weight in the end.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

It seems not even the geegees can keep Jessica off the air......

15:00 Murder, She Wrote
    Mystery series. Jessica heads off for a happy reunion with her old college roommate, but the trip is marred by the death of her friend's superstar husband

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They moved the Punchestown meeting to an evening start just for Jessica.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Did Murder She Wrote only start yesterday because when I saw the start of the show it was a recap from a previous episode.

Why do you care about Jessica?

Go to the columbo thread :) which should be TV show of the Week 25 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I have always held a soft spot for her.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    It only seems like yesterday when Grainne texted her resignation to TV3 before she grew extra long fingernails to claw her way up the greasy pole. Unfortunately the grease got too much for the extra weight in the end.:(

:eek: she TEXTED her resignation?....what an arrogant cow! :rolleyes:

It was a marvelous show yesterday. Vintage Landsbury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Heared the Sile one has been on tv for about 10 years

For someone with that much experience she is really REALLY POOR at her job and is not going to get any better

Must be that G4 arrogance ive heard so much about but smarme starts leaking out the sides of my tv whenever she is on it

:eek: she TEXTED her resignation?....what an arrogant cow! :rolleyes:

I think that she was in the far-east on a bit of a break.

I bet there's been some whooping and dancing going on at TV3 over the last few days.:eek:

• Advertisement

Is it me or are the Seioge sisters a bit creepy?

Advertisement