Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a real ghost photo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

scully74 wrote: »
    i can zoom in and make out a head with a bonnet type hat,

Can you post a pic of the zoom? I tried enlarging the bit of the photo, but it became pixilated :(

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭john 08

well i studied the pic and i dont no how no one spotted this yet. right over the mans head , where the tree is, if u look at the tree u can clealy see a young fella lookin up towards the man and girl. he has no legs. and on the right of the woman sitting down on the bench. u see a dark spot in the trees. if u brightin the pic , you can clearly see the figure of a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭john 08

heres the picture again, i brightened it up a bit .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

where is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Looks a bit like a French maid *drools*

dwfma-500-435-02.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Magnus wrote: »
    Looks a bit like a French maid *drools*

dwfma-500-435-02.jpg

ooer matron

Jesus.

They should really get that rash looked at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Elbi

Is that cratloe?

I can totally see what the Op is talking about it does LOOK LIKE a lady in victorian clothing but what it looks like and what it actually is could be a different story

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭scully74

Elbi wrote: »
    Is that cratloe?

I can totally see what the Op is talking about it does LOOK LIKE a lady in victorian clothing but what it looks like and what it actually is could be a different story
    curragh chase.....tis known to be haunted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

You are all missing the best part of the picture, there's a skull face in the tree looking at the OP on the bench.

78694.jpg

Just goes to show if you look at a picture long enough you'll start making images in your head with the shapes.

As for the ghost in the back, you said earlier "she fades out near her legs", well to me there are clearly legs touching the ground.

Is this the highest res/quality version you have?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

You are all missing the best part of the picture, there's a skull face in the tree looking at the OP on the bench.

78694.jpg

Just goes to show if you look at a picture long enough you'll start making images in your head with the shapes.

As for the ghost in the back, you said earlier "she fades out near her legs", well to me there are clearly legs touching the ground.

Is this the highest res/quality version you have?

That looks more like a dogs head to me??:confused:

holly1 wrote: »
    That looks more like a dogs head to me??:confused:

It can be whatever you want it to be ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

do you have the original from the camera rather than that shrunken copy as it just looks like blurs.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

78694.jpg

Thats not a tree, thats an Ent. ;)

And as mentioned in this forum somewhere before, I think all that is in the picture are examples of paradolia.

If you look hard enough at any picture you can find things in them . But there is nothing there. Nothing that is even out of place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Ok, so just looked at the photo in the first post, and without reading any of the replies the first thing I thought was that the blur in the background looked like two people, from the Victorian era, ie a woman (or maybe a man :p) in a blue ball gown with matching hat.......naturally! :pac: and a guy in a black suit dancing, or holding each other very close.

But maybe I have an over active imaginananation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

it's like those autostereogram yokes.

people just say they can see them so they don't feel stupid.

oooh look, a boat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Emperors new clothes!!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Marcus Suridius

When I first looked at it...for some reason my eye line was drawn to that extremly dark part of the woods...maybe nothing but looks odd. I see what you mean about the lady in victorian clothes, you said the place is known as been haunted have you heard anything that could in someway be linked to it apart from the girl that died cause not sure how old the girl was that died but in the photo it looks like the person is taller than a young person or child....

also, if people arent going to help in a topic dont just flame it with stupid posts....means people who would like to help have to read usless information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 technobreed

ok, the only thing done is i used the paint program to scrammble our faces....it was taken in a forest park in limerick, take a closer look behind me, way back in the trees

Woohoo, thats realy spooky, scully. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

Looks like a young girl in a Communion/Confirmation dress with her hand up to her face.......

There are people in and near a red car on the top right.
    Communion/Confirmation pics being taken in the woods maybe??

Image4_4.jpg
    Was this picture taken on a weekend by any chance OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I'm always wary when people claim a picture is of a "real ghost". This isn't to say they don't exist and there's not been one captured on film, but I think it's not a good idea to say something is a "real ghost photo", until it can be agreed that it is one. "A possible ghost photo" would have been a better and more open title, and would also remove any preconceptions people have about the picture, allowing the picture to be analysed in a more open way. As it stands now, you'll either have people agreeing or disagreeing with the OP, when something like this isn't always a straightforward yes or no!

Granted, this picture may be straight forward, but I'm saying in general. The crop of the picture above isn't easy to make out either tbh, so it honestly could be anything. Best advice I can give anyone though is that if anyone plans to upload a possible picture of a ghost, upload the biggest picture you can. Better yet, put everything at max for normal photos. Theres days, you can get 2GB memory cards for cameras that are quite cheap and allow a few hundred pics at max resolution. I've an 8.3 megapixel camera, and at max settings I can get around 450 pictures, and the pics aren't that small at all!

I agree the cropped picture above isn't very easy to make out, it's very pixelated and grainy but to me it looks like a girl in a white dress.
    That's what I thought the first time I saw it and judging but the people in and around the red car on the far right background it just looks like an innocent photo..... i.e No ghost here.

Even a negative image seems to give an outline of a person in a dress
    Image5.jpg
    If you focus on the background include the car and people the object behind the guys head looks like it can be explained easily. If you take distance, perspective and scale into consideration, the person outside the car (adult female I think) compare this to the figure behind the guys headas it's closer to the camera, it looks like a child in a white dress.
    Image6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Looks like a moth or a butterfly to me.

I'm always wary when people claim a picture is of a "real ghost". This isn't to say they don't exist and there's not been one captured on film, but I think it's not a good idea to say something is a "real ghost photo", until it can be agreed that it is one. "A possible ghost photo" would have been a better and more open title, and would also remove any preconceptions people have about the picture, allowing the picture to be analysed in a more open way. As it stands now, you'll either have people agreeing or disagreeing with the OP, when something like this isn't always a straightforward yes or no!

Granted, this picture may be straight forward, but I'm saying in general. The crop of the picture above isn't easy to make out either tbh, so it honestly could be anything. Best advice I can give anyone though is that if anyone plans to upload a possible picture of a ghost, upload the biggest picture you can. Better yet, put everything at max for normal photos. Theres days, you can get 2GB memory cards for cameras that are quite cheap and allow a few hundred pics at max resolution. I've an 8.3 megapixel camera, and at max settings I can get around 450 pictures, and the pics aren't that small at all!

photo taken when a 64mb card was the biggest memory card and 3megapixel was the best, we didn't set out to take a POSSIBLE:rolleyes: ghost photo.

The_Joker wrote: »
    Even a negative image seems to give an outline of a person in a dress
    Image5.jpg
    If you focus on the background include the car and people the object behind the guys head looks like it can be explained easily. If you take distance, perspective and scale into consideration, the person outside the car (adult female I think) compare this to the figure behind the guys headas it's closer to the camera, it looks like a child in a white dress.
    Image6.jpg
    the person near the car was really there, it was taken over christmas holiday couple of years ago so its not a communion girl in her dress, and the figure behind my head was def not there, while photo was been taken

ok, from now on anyone making a post please rate photo out of 10 with 1=not very convincing 10=spooky
    thanks for all comments so far

• Advertisement

the person near the car was really there, it was taken over christmas holiday couple of years ago so its not a communion girl in her dress, and the figure behind my head was def not there, while photo was been taken

Now it sounds spooky!

Anyone else got some unexplained photos??

Advertisement