Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All TV channels missing, but radio is fine - any ideas?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The UK HD is using DVB-T2, so won't work AT ALL on a DVB-T "freeview" TV, even if it has MPEG4.
    Also while Wales and IOM has "Freeview HD", N.I. doesn't get it till after ASO (q4 2012).

I'd expect the UK HD uses proper HD flags. It's a separate newer system to Freeview, on separate Multiplex, only started end of 2009. Receivers only really available this year.
    http://www.saortv.info/about/n-i-digital/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Thanks Watty, without venturing too much off-topic - what's the difference between the UK's DVB-T2 and the system in the ROI?

Does the Panny LZD/PZ's architecture and hardware mean a simple firmware fix wouldn't upgrade the TV to receive DVB-T2 broadcasts?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

No, DVB-T2 is a physically different tuner, that is backward compatible to DVB-T. Only the HD in UK uses it.
    http://www.saortv.info/about/n-i-digital/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

hi
    have the same problem on my pz81 th42
    i believe my area is three rock as i get good signal strenght from only channel 54

I've downloaded the file PZ81_data_Three_Rock_V2, however in the settings it is set to channel 61 so i cant view anything

does anyone know which file is suitable for ch54?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Blue and Gold

Hi, Would any one have a hotel copy for a Panasonic TH-46PZ81 recieving from Cairn Hill?

Id appreciate it very much so if someone can help.

Also i have most hotel copy's for Panasonics receiving Clermont Carn if they are of any help to anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Del3D

Hi, Would any one have a hotel copy for a Panasonic TH-46PZ81 recieving from Cairn Hill?

Id appreciate it very much so if someone can help.

Also i have most hotel copy's for Panasonics receiving Clermont Carn if they are of any help to anyone.

Dear all,

My TV was also accidentally rescanned and I have lost all my DTT channels. I would appreciate if anyone could generate the hotel.pwd zip file for Truskmore (or Cairn Hill as it is channel 53) for a TH-42PZ81 (I am willing to try any PZ81).

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭antomack

I have one for a 42PZ81 although it would be from quite a while ago, I'll upload it when I think to bring the file over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 kearneyt

Hi, I have a panasonic TH46PZ81 and would really appreciate a copy of the hotel file for Clarmont Cairn. Many thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mineshaft

Hi,

Don't anyone have the files for P46G10B Clermont Cairn (Dundalk)

Can't believe I did a rescan!

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Clermont on 53... its old Nov 2009 (but you at least get your RTEs Tv3 and Tg4 back

Did you try ?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63069755&postcount=346

• Advertisement

Going to use this file, hopefully it works, yeah 53

Dam, thats Cairn Hill, wrong file.

Anyone have the file for the model above for Claremount Cairn. I'm getting model errors with the other files

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Mineshaft wrote: »
    Hi,

Don't anyone have the files for P46G10B Clermont Cairn (Dundalk)

Can't believe I did a rescan!

Cheers

Hi Mineshaft
    I have the P50G10B i have never been able to get the irish ch can u help me how to get them. A fools guide would be great.

Thanks.

Hi,

You will need the hotel files for that model. I haven't got them for mine yet either

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭bob11

yayamark wrote: »
    Hi Mineshaft
    I have the P50G10B i have never been able to get the irish ch can u help me how to get them. A fools guide would be great.

Thanks.
    Hi yayamark,

Where are you in the county ?
    I have the same TV as you working in Dublin ..

Dam, thats Cairn Hill, wrong file.

Anyone have the file for the model above for Claremount Cairn. I'm getting model errors with the other files

Did you not try tyhe one I suggested at :

It says its for a 46" of the plasmas series for Clermont.

How to do it: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056099313

Only Plasmas can be used for plasmas - PZ81s
    Only LCD for LCD series - LZD81s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

bob11 wrote: »
    Hi yayamark,

Where are you in the county ?
    I have the same TV as you working in Dublin ..

In Limerick

STB wrote: »
    Did you not try tyhe one I suggested at :

It says its for a 46" of the plasmas series for Clermont.

How to do it: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056099313

Only Plasmas can be used for plasmas - PZ81s
    Only LCD for LCD series - LZD81s.

Tried those, didn't work as my TV is a P46 G10B model. Haven't been to try brave enough the firmware changes yet!

Tried those, didn't work as my TV is a P46 G10B model. Haven't been to try brave enough the firmware changes yet!
    yayamark wrote: »
    Hi Mineshaft

Thanks.

Minseshaft/yayamark I just re-read your posts. Mineshaft, you are very lucky you didnt brick your television. This thread is about the First Freesat range that Panasonic released namely the LZD81 and the PZ81 series which involves use of hotel files to bypass the TVs scanned channel list option.

Your TV has nothing to do with this thread!

Your Tv - the g10s is the second Freesat range released by Panasonic. There is a specific HACK that allows you to change your TV to another model temprarily, scan the Saorview/DVB-T channels and then change it back, and all using the onboard hex editor.

Here is the instructions and here is the thread and discussion that confirms it works.

Just be patient and follow all the instructions and you will be fine - all Saorview channels will be added.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭bob11

Hi Yayamark,

Sorry, I've just realised that My TV is a P50V10B, so a different model to yours and I'm in Dublin anyway, so probably no good for you anyway ..

STB,

Would the hack that you mention work for the P50V10 TV ?

I currently have most of the channels from a scan that was done a while back before changes, but I know that I will soon be losing RTE2 HD when it moves to Mux 2 ..

Let me know if you think that hack would work for me ..

Cheers,

Bob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

resurrecting a thread here to ask some questions - I suppose most of the people like me with LZD81 or PZ81's on here have a TV which won't do Soarview until Pansonic update these sets.

Now either Panasonic are forced to update the firmware through updates for Freeview, or enough time goes by and these guys don't have to do anything as the Tv's will be obsolete at some stage.

So here goes:

What needs to change to the current Freeview technical standard (not HD now) for Panasonic to be kicked in the áras to revise their firmware?

Also, how long would you think the age of the set needs to be before they waive any rights to have to deal with updates?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭maxg

There is no hope.
    The onliest chance is a hex editor hack like for the G10. As far as I remember the value for a PZ81E is 0E. The values for the LZD series are different.

maxg wrote: »
    There is no hope.
    The onliest chance is a hex editor hack like for the G10. As far as I remember the value for a PZ81E is 0E. The values for the LZD series are different.

0E is the V10 is it not ?

There is no on board Hex editor for the Pz81s afaik.

Known Hex codes using Panasonic Onboard Hex editor are:

10 = G10
    11 = S10
    20 = GW10
    0F = G15
    0E = V10

You shouldn't mixup year 2008 and year 2009 models.
    For instance the PX80e got 11 and the people who changed it to 10 or 20 got a bricked TV.

maxg wrote: »
    You shouldn't mixup year 2008 and year 2009 models.
    For instance the PX80e got 11 and the people who changed it to 10 or 20 got a bricked TV.

I am not. There is no onboard hex for the 2008 range, the Pz81/LZD81s anyhow.

The 11 value you quoted is for a S10e maxg, afaik. Not surprised it was bricked.

The on board Hex editor only exists on the 2009 models. These are the values should you wish to move between those models to temporarily fool into thinking it is a g10w. The source of those codes is Marc Wessels.

In any event the panasonic eeprom backup process to an SD card for booting in the event of bricking the eeprom, is now in the open.

The hex editor exist for the year 2008 model PX80e for sure because 2 or 3 members of the HIFI forum killed their TV's.
    I guess the editor is also included in the PZ81 firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Aepos

Glad to see this thread resurrected especially to keep alive the PZ81/LZD81 issues, I despair at Panasonic doing anything to correct the problem and feel that the only way this will be solved is with some sort of third party hack.

We live in hope!

Ae

Ok, to start the game what do you get in system information at a PZ81B?
    Menu button -> Setup -> System Menu -> System information

• Registered Users Posts: 19,911 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Software Version 1619-10100
    Status1 0021-0c02 4000-0000
    Status2 0001-0000 0000-0000
    HDAVI Control 3

• Advertisement

The hex value for an PZ81B is 0C.
    The next step would be to check if the hex editor is working and if 0C is at the same position than the G10 value from the tutorial without changing anything.

Advertisement