Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All TV channels missing, but radio is fine - any ideas?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Aepos

Did a quick check and rescan all Digital TV and radio channels from 3 Rock now properly detected. TV channels marked as free TV. Do a rescan quick and make sure to turn off auto update....Best to save to SD card as well I guess!!!:D:D

Cheers

Aepos

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭pipkato

Thanks Aepos. Just did the same and it worked fine on my Panasonic PZ8142.

Just noticed the guide and info is one hour ahead of real time...Interesting but annoying also. :eek: Ae

EPG/Guide fixed, now in real time...Thank you RTENL...

Ae

• Registered Users Posts: 22 peadar99

Just getting sound today on an LZD81 (from Clermont Carn) - it was working ok last night [though the audio on TV3 was out of sync].

There seems to be an almightly lag as well when you change channel and it involves one of the 4 DTT channels - including going from DVB to Freesat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 skycatcher

hi,

due to the uk freeview rescan requirement yesterday i have now lost my rte dtt channels :(

does anyone know if it is possible to edit the hotel file to remove channels so that i could just leave the ch 53 details and then rescan individual uk dtt channels?

Forever living in hope - Sky

Attached new Hotel folder for Pannys Ch 54 & 61 added as per today.

I hope it is handy for someone!

Cheers Ae

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

What's the situation with doing a rescan these days? Will the channels disappear again?

I have the channels (thanks to someone sharing the settings) but I don't get any EPG info, which is something I can live with but is a bit of a drag.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,781 ✭✭✭Apogee

What's the situation with doing a rescan these days? Will the channels disappear again?

I have the channels (thanks to someone sharing the settings) but I don't get any EPG info, which is something I can live with but is a bit of a drag.

It's currently safe to scan - they are using the "old" flags. I don't know why they are continually chopping and changing. Tests for the sake of tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Apogee wrote: »
    It's currently safe to scan - they are using the "old" flags. I don't know why they are continually chopping and changing. Tests for the sake of tests.

Thanks for the info - have the EPG back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Aepos wrote: »
    Attached new Hotel folder for Pannys Ch 54 & 61 added as per today.

I hope it is handy for someone!

Cheers Ae

Aepos - presume this is for the 32LZD81 I presume. Pani Owners NB: Only use on the exact same model.

I'd hate to see some lurker or new to the thread zap their PZ81 or worse their G10!

That these flashes work just makes a mockery of Panasonics stance. Good man.

Might be handy to just have the zips for each model and each Transmitter in a sticky ?

Yes it is for the32LZD81 series of Pannys, Sorry should have made that clear.

All seems to be working but text has gone for the moment.

Cheers Ae

SORRY[Should read 3 Rock and not Kippure.........

• Registered Users Posts: 44 MustangMick

RTE 1, RTE 2, TV3 and TG4 back up again yesterday on Clermont Cairn (Dundalk) EPG as well. Using a P42G10B no changes or fiddling about.

Cheers
    Mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 skycatcher

OK - here is a new hotel file for claremont ch 53. This has the latest UK freeview changes and the RTE channels. This is for a 46pz81b

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭psham

Here's a file for Cairnhill ch47. It has RTE channels for a panasonic 37pz81

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭WHL

I am attaching the files for Spur Hill for a Panasonic 37LZD81

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Hissing Sideban

Did anyone do a recent scan for Mt Leinster including with the test/news channel ? If so can you post the hotel file? Thanks!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Has anyone the Hotel file for Panny L32G10B for 3 Rock?

Sam

There is a specific hack that allows you to temporarily turn your g10b into a european model. You then do a scan, save the stations and reset to UK setting again to re-enable Freesat 7 day epg.

Its in the Pani thread about Sound problem.

See
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69166612&postcount=54

Download the word document and follow it carefully then do your scan save the settings and revert back using the original line numbers. You have to be patient and be careful in there. Make sure you change the right line.

When you have done that, back it up so you dont have to do anything like that again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭maxg

Be carefull. The G10B hack was tested only with plasmas. I guess the the product id numbering is different at the LCD's.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

I would prefer to use the Hotel file if I can. Anyone have it?

3Rock for a Panni L32g10B

I was wondering if we could crack this hotel file business. If we had hotel files for the same set but tuned to different transmitters and compared them, any differences could be analysed and it might be obvious what would be needed to alter one file for tansmitter a to transmitter b. In order to do this, a set of hotel files would be needed. Any suggestions?

eeprom will be different.

Impossible to edit or read with a hex editor.

If one had a hotle file backup from a set and compared it with the same set sacanned with the flags set, then the differences would be apparent for that set. It is the hotel file that is examined, nothing to do with eeprom.

If one had a hotle file backup from a set and compared it with the same set sacanned with the flags set, then the differences would be apparent for that set. It is the hotel file that is examined, nothing to do with eeprom.

The eeprom is part of the hotel file!

There is also a compressed and encrypted database file that interacts with the eeprom which is model specific. I have opened both the eeprom and db file with Hxd. Too many lines. Even then if you did find what you were looking for what would you recompile it with ?

The hotel hack is not editable, It is also a third party hack made for obvious reasons . What you really need is a firmware update from Panasonic. They do 2, one is tuner firmware, the other is eeprom firmware, both via SD card. They have an ftp full of similar fixes.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

As I said earlier, you'd need Panasonic documentation. It would be "politically" easier and as cheap for them to simply fix the firmware as release that proprietary information and keys.

I would have thought that the purpose of a hotel file was to allow a hotel to restore a TV in a hotel room back to a standard setting if a 'helpful' guest had retuned it. If that is so, then a file that had all the channels could be compared with a file with only the radio channels ( because the flag was set and the TV channels ignored) and the differences are due only to those flag differences. If those differences made any sense it would allow other channels to be added. I am surprised that this file is not simply a text file with open structure so it is the same file for all Panny TVs.

Why all the secrecy?

I totally agree with Watty. Though I don't think Pana UK give a toss, even more now the Brits are committed to lend us 7 Billion. Perhaps all the stuff related to these Firmware problems should be forwarded to Panasonic HQ Japan.

Ae

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Just a matter of interest (interest in getting my LZD81, and anyone else's PZ's, working properly on DTT), seeing as the UK have Freeview HD working away, how do the Panny's work in receiving the DTT HD signals up north or in the UK. Are the HD signals in MPEG4 with the 0x16 flag?

If they do have this flag and are MPEG4, do the old DTT pannys (PZ's and LZD's) decode these signals with some sort of firmware update (I know, long shot)?

With my limited technical knowledge on DTT TV's and MPEG4 etc, I am trying to figure out if there would now be enough people in both the UK and Ireland with this common problem and that it is now a time for Panasonic to issue a firmware update for Panny TVs that should be able to decode MPEG4 broadcasts?!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement