Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a video of your swing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

First attempt at uploading on of these!
    Its a bit dark but if this looks ok will upload some better ones.
    Constructive comments welcome :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

MiniGolf wrote: »
    First attempt at uploading on of these!
    Its a bit dark but if this looks ok will upload some better ones.
    Constructive comments welcome :D

Nice,
    Nice drop on inside.
    Great Clubhead speed.
    A bit off balance at finish.

I'm off 11 (ignore me).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Nice looking swing, great position at the top of the swing and nice finish. Wish I had it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Pacly

Finally got the camera out on Saturday!

First video is a 4 iron, caught it a little fat.

Next 2 are Slow-Mo's of the Driver:

I realise my hands are very high at address, tried dropping them down on Sunday and drove the ball better!

Also my Left hand is probably too strong so I end up holding off the finish and not turning my hands over. I don't really mind that though.

I know getting a lesson is a much better than this, but I'm just curious to see what people think, so all opinions and advice are welcome! :D

Handicap is 12 btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Pacly wrote: »

What height are you? You seem very crouched over hitting your 4 iron

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Next 2 are Slow-Mo's of the Driver:

I realise my hands are very high at address, tried dropping them down on Sunday and drove the ball better!

Also my Left hand is probably too strong so I end up holding off the finish and not turning my hands over. I don't really mind that though.

I know getting a lesson is a much better than this, but I'm just curious to see what people think, so all opinions and advice are welcome! :D

Handicap is 12 btw.

You've a tremendously straight back, probably the straightest I've ever seen play golf but your swing and particularly your follow through looks very aggressive on your lower back. Perhaps something to note and ask your pro about when getting a lesson as it may not be an issue now as a young lad but it years to come may become a problem.
    Also you appear very crouched over with deliberately straight arms/wrists, I'd be inclined to relax that a bit and develop more wrist action. Other than that it looks like you've good weight transfer on your back swing but hold off on the follow through resulting is a slight reverse pivot (may be the result of some of the fat shots)
    Above is just my opinion and take it with a grain of salt as I'm certainly no authority on a golf swing with my own more reminiscent of a woodsman chopping wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Pacly

You've a tremendously straight back, probably the straightest I've ever seen play golf but your swing and particularly your follow through looks very aggressive on your lower back. Perhaps something to note and ask your pro about when getting a lesson as it may not be an issue now as a young lad but it years to come may become a problem.
    Also you appear very crouched over with deliberately straight arms/wrists, I'd be inclined to relax that a bit and develop more wrist action. Other than that it looks like you've good weight transfer on your back swing but hold off on the follow through resulting is a slight reverse pivot (may be the result of some of the fat shots)
    Above is just my opinion and take it with a grain of salt as I'm certainly no authority on a golf swing with my own more reminiscent of a woodsman chopping wood.

Thanks for the reply. I am almost 6'5 which is maybe why i seem very crouched over.

Thanks for the reply. I am almost 6'5 which is maybe why i seem very crouched over.

Are your clubs off the shelf ?

Could be reason for wrong hand position ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

not looking for advice or swing thoughts cause I'm crushing it right now and I probably wont pay any heed :D

Was out with my coach during the week and we took this with his super slow mo camera

I dont actually start swinging till 20 seconds in so you can skip forward to that :D

I think the slowmo is really cool :D

• Advertisement

not looking for advice or swing thoughts cause I'm crushing it right now and I probably wont pay any heed :D

Was out with my coach during the week and we took this with his super slow mo camera

I dont actually start swinging till 20 seconds in so you can skip forward to that :D

Jaysus , could not play behind you - freeze over ball or what - joking. :P

Divot goes further than my fat wedges at mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

Not many gonna argue with a swing that goes 3 over gross in Esker Hills tbh.
    Is that a Luke Donald finish you're practising or just the end of the clip?:pac:

Ilik Urgee wrote: »
    Not many gonna argue with a swing that goes 3 over gross in Esker Hills tbh.
    Is that a Luke Donald finish you're practising or just the end of the clip?:pac:

Trying to get it more like Luke Donald. Period. lol.

Last thing I gotta work on - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtpwErW_giI

Get it looking like that and I'll be complete ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Once you get a bit of confidence you'll be flying Ricki :)
    007... Love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

I made a video in the range last night. It's very strange looking at your own swing. It looks horrible but it works for me ;)

http://s946.photobucket.com/albums/ad310/alriteharold/?action=view&current=MyMovie_zpsd715258e.mp4

you look great at the top and when you're coming back down, the butt of the club is just pointing at the ball the whole way down.

No wonder it works :D

ForeRight - what you play off.

First of all, we can not talk about your swing , till you stop dressing like the little knackers around my area terrorising the kip. You need a golf makeover by that lad Brendan on Off the rails. Only joking.

you give the ball a fair smack - some action on lower body.

[IMG]http://www.stylebible.ie/img.asp?key=courtney ballinrobe[/IMG]

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQg_ohNBFgL0BKrFuy2R8bzcpk4QDv

ForeRight - what you play off.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82640705#post82640705

A little bit of research goes a long way :P

I'm off 5.

Sorry about that Gok Wan :)

On a serious note I think that swing looks horrendous but I generally have no issues keeping the ball in play and it either goes straight or a slight fade that I can keep hold off pretty well.

I'm not very knowledgeable on the science of a swing such as angles or where the club head should be etc. I just swing the club so any feedback appreciated.

I knew he was about that.
    Anyway, I'd be saying what would you be looking for advice for. Keep it up.

• Advertisement

I knew he was about that.
    Anyway, I'd be saying what would you be looking for advice for. Keep it up.

I want a Nice looking swing. Don't care if my handicap goes up :)
    I only play for fun anyway

If you really want to improve - go to a pro. You'll get the best advice there.

But your setup is good, club points towards your belt buckle at address, good shoulder turn and it looks like you get really level at the top of your back swing. Downswing, shaft looks in good position to me and you seem to cream it.

I dunno man, unless you're looking at getting to scratch, i wouldnt change a thing cause no matter what it looks like, you're getting everything in a great position :)

ForeRight wrote: »
    I want a Ní e looking swing. Don't care if my handicap goes up :)
    I only play for fun anyway

I wouldn't give a **** what my swing looked like if I was off single figures! Fair play for the fun bit, that's the way I'm gonna treat my next round!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭L.O.F.T

I wouldn't give a **** what my swing looked like if I was off single figures! Fair play for the fun bit, that's the way I'm gonna treat my next round!

Ah I took it serious enough last year but honestly didnt enjoy it as much. I don't have a club now or a valid gui(I will soon hopefully) so I'm just playing around different places for fun.

Very enjoyable playing with a couple of mates or the old man.

Ah I took it serious enough last year but honestly didnt enjoy it as much. I don't have a club now or a valid gui(I will soon hopefully) so I'm just playing around different places for fun.

So Ricky , same as me, he has no handicap ;)

I did that for about 18 mths , best laugh ever. Very enjoyable. I'm serious now but.

So Ricky , same as me, he has no handicap ;)

I had one when I posted in that index thread ;)

I really must get it sorted for the Summer just so I can play opens with mates.

Ilik , have to say, very hard to get past your user name. lol. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Daithio12

Hope you don't mind me saying and maybe it's just the camera angle, but you look like you've too much weight on your heels at address and you have a very early wrist cock which seems to lead to getting the club too much on the inside, other than that it's a great looking swing;).

Daithio12 wrote: »
    Hope you don't mind me saying and maybe it's just the camera angle, but you look like you've too much weight on your heels at address and you have a very early wrist cock which seems to lead to getting the club too much on the inside, other than that it's a great looking swing;).

Great eye - I've a feeling you have done this before.

Ilik , have to say, very hard to get past your user name. lol. :D

I put a lot of time and effort into it.

Gotta get that handicap down:P

Daithio12 wrote: »

great eye is right and why I linked the luke donald video. I'm too handsy right at the start and taking it inside a touch. My next thing for working on is try to get my shoulders turning right from the start and maintain my width. Like i said, get it swinging like Luke Donald and the change will be complete ;)

as regards the heels, I was standing in someone elses divots for that shot so heels were a bit lower, lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

An updated video, this one was a little fat but on line. Looks fairly decent but the right elbow is a little high I think on the back swing. Bit too much head movement too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

An updated video, this one was a little fat but on line. Looks fairly decent but the right elbow is a little high I think on the back swing. Bit too much head movement too

Had a lesson on Sunday, pro said I was lazy with my hips so he has me using the step through drill now to try getting my bottom half moving.

Played on Monday with it and the strikes I got right I really got right. The bad ones were appalling!!

Finished up par par birdie mind you :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Getting back into the game after a couple years off. Playing off 9. Have a lesson set up in the next couple weeks to try tighten things up.

- 6 IRON

and a view from behind

- DRIVER

I welcome any pointers or tips.

Had a lesson on Sunday, pro said I was lazy with my hips so he has me using the step through drill now to try getting my bottom half moving.

Played on Monday with it and the strikes I got right I really got right. The bad ones were appalling!!

Finished up par par birdie mind you :p

Very solid and good looking swing and wouldn't consider there to be too much head movement. Agreed on the lack/delay of hip movement on the follow through (it's something I'm also trying to work on along with a couple of other things) and possibly slightly more flex required in the knees as you appear to be standing a little straight.

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Getting back into the game after a couple years off. Playing off 9. Have a lesson set up in the next couple weeks to try tighten things up.

- 6 IRON

and a view from behind

- DRIVER

I welcome any pointers or tips.

Do you pull the ball left alot with the occasional hook? You look to have the club face closed on the back swing as well as swinging around yourself a good deal. In saying that you have very good timing with the hips so could be offsetting and neutralising the closed club face on that front.

One other pointer is that you appear to have little weight transfer through the ball and stand very straight to the shot on set up. With the driver especially I'd be inclined to stand more behind the ball and get your shoulders turning behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Do you pull the ball left alot with the occasional hook? You look to have the club face closed on the back swing as well as swinging around yourself a good deal. In saying that you have very good timing with the hips so could be offsetting and neutralising the closed club face on that front.

One other pointer is that you appear to have little weight transfer through the ball and stand very straight to the shot on set up. With the driver especially I'd be inclined to stand more behind the ball and get your shoulders turning behind it.

Thanks. I actually fade the ball normally. Since I started playing again I was hitting a big slice so I have tried to keep the club face a little more closed.

It is pretty inconsistent though, mostly I would start the ball 10 or so yards left of the target and it will come back. Other times it will just go straight and not fade or else I will block it and it will start 10 yards right of the target.

I will try that with the driver, same problem really, hitting it maybe about 250 yards, but it is slicing quite a bit so I think I am loosing a bit of distance because of that, but then again other times it will not fade and other times I push it straight right.

It is all over the place really. I need a lesson soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭For Paws

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Thanks. I actually fade the ball normally. Since I started playing again I was hitting a big slice so I have tried to keep the club face a little more closed.

It is pretty inconsistent though, mostly I would start the ball 10 or so yards left of the target and it will come back. Other times it will just go straight and not fade or else I will block it and it will start 10 yards right of the target.

I will try that with the driver, same problem really, hitting it maybe about 250 yards, but it is slicing quite a bit so I think I am loosing a bit of distance because of that, but then again other times it will not fade and other times I push it straight right.

It is all over the place really. I need a lesson soon.

As you say, you need a lesson. Closing the face to offset a slice (unless the face is open!) is just a bandaid and isnt really getting you anywhere. You need to identify the true cause and then work on solving that.

again, not looking for any tips or thoughts. I won't listen :D

Just posting a couple of videos I took recently and to revive this thread :)

1st one is Hole 14 in Athlone - 5 Wood.

2nd one is Hole 15 in Athlone - 5 Wood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Don't know that course Ricky, but the trees fairly guard that fairway in the second by the looks of it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

Nice swing.

Maybe one point, your head on the takeaway dips quite significantly.
    Put your mouse pointer on the top of your hat at address, and you'll notice the difference.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Don't know that course Ricky, but the trees fairly guard that fairway in the second by the looks of it :o

A lot of the holes are tree lined ;) - definitely a course that rewards accuracy over distance , hence why I was hitting 5 wood on both of those shots. There's a good few other holes around the course where I would take 5 wood out over driver, even on 2 of the par 5's :cool:
    Nice swing.

Put your mouse pointer on the top of your hat at address, and you'll notice the difference.

I've asked my coach about that before, he's happy with it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

A lot of the holes are tree lined ;) - definitely a course that rewards accuracy over distance , hence why I was hitting 5 wood on both of those shots. There's a good few other holes around the course where I would take 5 wood out over driver, even on 2 of the par 5's :cool:

I've asked my coach about that before, he's happy with it. :)

He's happy with a large dip on the takeaway ?!
    Out of curiousity, what's the reasoning behind that, seems very strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Nice swings Ricky, I wouldn't dare offer tips :)
    So..... Have you lost a bit of weight? Even with the horizontal stripes, you look like you've shed a few LBS's ;)

He's happy with a large dip on the takeaway ?!
    Out of curiousity, what's the reasoning behind that, seems very strange.

well, I shouldnt say happy, but not worried about it is what I mean.

I went through a massive swing change this year and I'm still not complete, so maybe that's in his plans for later and why he is telling me not to worry about it.

Maybe he means, "we won't worry about it for now." ;)

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    Nice swings Ricky, I wouldn't dare offer tips :)
    So..... Have you lost a bit of weight? Even with the horizontal stripes, you look like you've shed a few LBS's ;)

haha - well i didnt have much weight to behind with ;)

It's either the fact I am just wearing less clothing ( possible )

or

The massive amount of stress brought on by doing this Masters has sucked the life out of me and in the process sucked every ounce of fat off me aswell ( far more likely! )

Nice swing.

played today and made a very conscious effort to make sure i wasnt dipping my head on take away. I launched it!

if we ever meet up, I must throw you a few euros for the tip ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement