Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Subaru Impreza Boxer Diesel

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

What I'm trying to say is they are trying to appeal to the masses....

The last Forester is a much better looking car than the one that replaced it but you will find the general public thinking the new Forester is nicer.

So glad I got in now before the new Legacy comes out next year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

I really like what they've done to the Forester, its looks really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Anyone got a VRT and VAT breakdown on the Impreza diesel (standard spec) ? I'm guessing it's about 15k before taxes ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

galwaytt wrote: »
    Anyone got a VRT and VAT breakdown on the Impreza diesel (standard spec) ? I'm guessing it's about 15k before taxes ?

Its amazing how cheap they are managing that car for considering the spec. Margins must be slim though on it from experience trying to buy one...and being disappointed:-(

EPM wrote: »
    Margins must be slim though on it

I think they are....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

What are these like to insure? Do they get any kind of additional loading due to other Impreza models of the past? (I know this makes no sense but insurance rarely does)

air wrote: »
    What are these like to insure? Do they get any kind of additional loading due to other Impreza models of the past? (I know this makes no sense but insurance rarely does)

I would say its treated like any other 2.0 diesel....mind you I had some job convincing my insurance company the other day that there was such a thing as a Legacy 2.0 Diesel Estate...:confused::confused::confused:

Cheers, good to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

galwaytt wrote: »

I asked a dealer simply because I qualify for the vrt/vat reduction.
    He said I would be better off buying the top model as the final price would not be a huge difference between both. I think he mentioned close on 16k for the basic one. I can have the top spec one for 20k ;)

A friend is considering getting a jeep in addition to her car in order to tow a horse box for her daughter. I don't think she needs the ground clearance, just wondering how the 4WD as found in the Impreza would rate for this kind of work (towing on soft / slippery ground) vs a Jeep?
    I'm thinking it'd be just as good with a change of tires being required at worst.
    Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

A friend is considering getting a jeep in addition to her car in order to tow a horse box for her daughter. I don't think she needs the ground clearance, just wondering how the 4WD as found in the Impreza would rate for this kind of work (towing on soft / slippery ground) vs a Jeep?
    I'm thinking it'd be just as good with a change of tires being required at worst.
    Any thoughts?
    I'd imagine so, although she'd need to check the towing rating of the Legacy. If she's going to be going into fields an Outback might be better, as it has a bit more ground clearance than the standard car. I have a Forester and that's rated to tow 2000kgs, FWIW.

Cool, is ground clearance the main difference between the outback and legacy?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

That's it, they're basically the same car. The Outback is also estate-only.

Gotchya, christ 9k extra is a lot for a bit of height though!

and about 9k aswell.

C&R Clondalkin have a black Outback pre registered '09 for about €33k. Almost considered it myself but couldn't justify the extra 6.5k over a new legacy. Its a loveley car aswell with leather and memory seats if thats what you're after

Whats up with the Impreza pricing?
    http://www.subaru.ie/Subaru_ie/ViewMenu.qed?menuid=M3M2M4
    1k added to the price of the TDS and the base TD model gone from the list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

wtf?

The Legacy is 27k and the Impreza is 28k????? (list)

The Impreza has a cheap-feeling interior and nothing in terms of equipment over the Legacy... (apart from an extra gearand a closed loop particulate filter if that floats your boat)
    Negligible difference in performance/economy so why buy the car a class lower?

Commercial Forester is gone up to 29k also

Advertisement