Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Subaru Impreza Boxer Diesel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,992 ✭✭✭✭unkel

All Subaru's except the justy are fulltime 4wd

Nope, in Ireland, only diesel Imprezas are sold, which are all 4WD as I stated. In many other markets, the 1.5 petrol base model is FWD only, like in Germany

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Johnboy Mac

Well it's got my vote on the face of it for €22k - Jap built, 150bhp diesel (flat 4 no less) and 4x4. Yeah, I would'nt mind being the market for a new diesel right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Zonda999 wrote: »
    It does seem to undercut the octavia but that'll be fighting back in the near future when their greenline model lands here. 1.6 CR TDI with 105 bhp. CO2 - 119G/KM -) E104 road tax. Shouldnt be much more then 20k.

I think the octavia is a bit better looking too to be fair!:)

I actually think the Impreza is better looking than the face lifted Octavia, and Skoda can offer it at 21k if they like, but it'll have 105bhp and FWD as opposed to 150bhp and 4WD... still no comparison in value for money!! The Impreza has the Octavia licked!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Nothing wrong with the Impreza looks-wise if it has a decent set of wheels (I agree with coolbeans - it NEEDS bigger alloys). Added to the bonnet scoop that would give it a real menacing look IMO.

I have the Legacy since July. Engine is wonderfully smooth, never sounds strained. Beats the socks off any diesel engine and most petrols I've ever sampled. Needs at least 8000km to loosen up though. Even the gearbox feels better with mileage.

My only problem is that the new model 2010 Leggie looks fugly in pics. Maybe it'll grow on me ort maybe I'll 'step-down' to an Impreza (it'll be a year or two away but I like to plan!)

Pity for them they don't import the Impreza saloon. Octavia/Corolla-man would lap that up. Saw one in the States, would do well here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Biro wrote: »
    but it'll have 105bhp and FWD as opposed to 150bhp and 4WD... still no comparison in value for money!! The Impreza has the Octavia licked!

Does the suburu have a longer warranty than the skoda?
    probably....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Yeah, 3 yrs instead of 2.

The Subaru is less likely to actually need Warranty work! Although to be fair, Skoda really do a good job building their cars. They seem to have ironed out Volkswagen/Audi problems!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

The Subaru is less likely to actually need Warranty work! Although to be fair, Skoda really do a good job building their cars. They seem to have ironed out Volkswagen/Audi problems!

yeah, but nothing is perfect. It's good to have that extra years peace of mind too.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Only thing, isn't the Skoda's unlimited mileage...I could be wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

EPM wrote: »
    Only thing, isn't the Skoda's unlimited mileage...I could be wrong...

I would guess it is Unloimited mileage OR 2 years whivhever comes first

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

vectra wrote: »
    I would guess it is Unloimited mileage OR 2 years whivhever comes first

How could unlimited mileage come first? lol

tuxy wrote: »
    How could unlimited mileage come first? lol

Unlimited mileage UP TO TWO YEARS..!! :rolleyes:

or
    would you prefer to get a car with 2 years or 30,000 kilometers warrenty??
    if you were a high miler which would come first?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

or
    Subaru give 3yrs/160,000kms, which, I imagine, would suit most people better.

or

His point was you phrased it incorrectly. "2 years OR unlimited warranty whichever comes first" isn't a choice. It's a guaranteed 2 year warranty regardless of mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Shadow Dancer

lafors wrote: »
    Questions, questions, questions...... :)
    Does anyone here have the new Impreza Boxer Diesel?
    Anyone driven one yet? If so what are they like to drive?

I see there are 3 specs, the 2.0TD, 2.0TD S, 2.0TD RS
    (resp. €21,495, €26,995, €30,995)
    The base 2.0TD looks a bargain!

I bought the Impreza Boxer Diesel bout a month ago. It's an absolutely brilliant car to drive. Mine is the 2.0 TD. It's a very solid car on the road and it's a great car to drive. Lot's of power when needed.

It's my first diesel car. When I took it for a test drive, I knew I was going to buy myself one. Personally, I reckon it's one of the best value cars on the market at the moment. I don't think anyone who buys one is going to be disappointed. Good luck!

His point was you phrased it incorrectly. "2 years OR unlimited warranty whichever comes first" isn't a choice.

Talk about the kettle calling the pot Black Ar$e :rolleyes: :D

Talk about the kettle calling the pot Black Ar$e :rolleyes: :D
    What? I was quoting you...

What? I was quoting you...

I know that
    which is why I said what I did.
    Read my post and your reply carefully :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

Wow.

I simply cannot believe that price. 20 freggin Grand for a 4X4 150bhp subaru diesel that will do close to 50mpgs.

That is the bargin of the century. I am quare tempted.

Although.....building a house at the minute.....

Mmmmm Subaru Vs Granite Worktops.....

MMmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

BnA wrote: »
    Wow.

I simply cannot believe that price. 20 freggin Grand for a 4X4 150bhp subaru diesel that will do close to 50mpgs.

That is the bargin of the century. I am quare tempted.

Although.....building a house at the minute.....

Mmmmm Subaru Vs Granite Worktops.....

MMmmmm

Subaru and some plywood:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Just went to see one this morning.
    Its definitely the one I want, now I just have to persuade the wife ;)
    Only annoying thing though is there is no spare.
    They're on runflats and theres only a can of spray in the boot.
    So if you're planning on changing the 16's to 17's then you'll have to go for runflats, as you've nowhere to put the spare.

The boot is also smaller than I expected, but would still fit a couple of golf bags or a buggy.

Shadow Dancer, how does the ride feel on the RFTs?
    Do you have 16's or 17's?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Shadow Dancer

lafors wrote: »
    Just went to see one this morning.
    Its definitely the one I want, now I just have to persuade the wife ;)
    Only annoying thing though is there is no spare.
    They're on runflats and theres only a can of spray in the boot.
    So if you're planning on changing the 16's to 17's then you'll have to go for runflats, as you've nowhere to put the spare.

The boot is also smaller than I expected, but would still fit a couple of golf bags or a buggy.

Shadow Dancer, how does the ride feel on the RFTs?
    Do you have 16's or 17's?

Hi lafors. I have the 16's. To be honest, I've no complaints bout the ride. I live in the country, so lots of rough roads.:rolleyes:. All in all, I find them comfy! Hope I never have to use that mousse and compressor though!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 paye

I bought one about 2 months ago. Well equiped with FWD etc. Gearing takes a bit of getting used to - 3rd is very high and you won't enjoy changing down to 2nd too much around town!! Averaging 40mpg. No lumbar support either - so if you have a bad back, be careful! When I say 3rd is high I mean the missus drove all the way to Carlow in 3rd and thought she was in 5th!! She didn't know about 6th (women). Very quick with great mid-range grunt. 3yr warranty with good dealers - they are great value

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

so what's the best colour for the Imprezza? The legacy looks out of my price range at the moment

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    so what's the best colour for the Imprezza? The legacy looks out of my price range at the moment

I saw the
    Black
    Blue
    White

The white comes out tops for me.
    It is white with a pearl lacquer over it.
    Not sure if that color is specific to the Top-spec one or if it is available across the range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

I'd be aiming for a Legacy Estate in grey if at all possible, even a year old example rather than a brand new Impreza. The saloon as the next best option.

As the Impreza is no beauty, the bodykit on the higher spec models help it out. The Blue looks good in all weather, although it has the boy racer look about it. Red is nice in the sun and the white is an acquired taste. IMO only the grey rather than the black works as far as darker colours are concerned. Grey is always classy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

thats the problem with the impreza, go for the middle TD R spec and you're lamost into legacy territory

TomMc wrote: »
    white is an acquired taste. IMO only the grey rather than the black works as far as darker colours are concerned. Grey is always classy.

Agreed
    White is an aquired taste but have you seen this white in the flesh?
    Lets just say "It is different"

As for Black..!
    I have two words

NEVER AGAIN...!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

http://cars.carrollrochesubaru.com/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=200902191424704

I saw this one in the showroom a few weeks back. Looked very well but whether you could look at it every day for a few years, I'm not so sure. And the top spec car will always look way better than the entry level model in the same colour (spartan).

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=200915192419646

I like the look of this one in grey, especially the side view looking from the back forwards. Far more discreet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Lex Luthor wrote: »

Are they the same limited range as the legacy?

Advertisement