Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

summer season 09 - how the opposition are doing

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Des wrote: »
    I do have one friendly lined up, the usual August game on grass, I do hope we can pull a team together for that, as I'd like to actually win the trophy this year. That's an aside though, and the real deal is getting playing on the normal Astro surface to keep ourselves ticking over.

I'm up for this as I missed last years. I didn't realise there was a trophy for it, I thought it was just a one off game?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I've missed all of pre season with my team and going away for 3 weeks again on Monday so couldn't promise a game against them. But if we're desperate when I get back I can try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

flts09.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Best defence in the league...and no, Ketamine don't get to say 'ah that's only cos of the 3-0 walkover we gave Roys': when you fail to show up against the champions you don't really have much ground to stand on. How many clean sheets did we have? And 42 points is an excellent tally for us too. Though you gotta say fair play to Roys Rovers, 46 points is some going and they are an excellent team. Will congratulate them at the medals night.

The Ketamine Wiki is pretty entertaining alright. Good luck to them, they're a decent team.

Fair play to the Full Irish aswell Andy - 33 points in a tough league ain't bad at all and there's never been much between our teams. You's interested in a friendly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

How many clean sheets did we have?

Including the walkover, 8.

I count 7 for Ket, but one of them was a walkover also.

So, on absolute count, Clay wins that. On actual games played I think it was a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

the points tally gets higher and higher each year. 33 points won the first 10 team league we played in. 42 points won it last season. 46 points is extremely good. in reality now, you can only afford to drop 6 points a season. thats the standard we are looking at.

we played some great stuff this year,but a period of poor disaplys for about 6 weeks eventually caught up with us in the ravenhill and Roys games where we left in 6 goals. even 1 game like the Roys game (was a 6 pointer) decided it.

lessons to be learned, but we have made progress, just need to keep making progress, we are more consistent now, well able to defend and well able to come back from being behind. weve kept the same squad for about 4 seasons now and added in 2 or 3 lads eavh season, we will hopefully so the same and those 2 or 3 players will also hopefully make the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

and 70 goals scored :eek::eek::eek::eek: i know they got 2 games against teams with 9, but f&cking hell, thats still unbelieveable. even taking out those 2 games, they still averaged 3-4 goals in every game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 andrew71

Best defence in the league...and no, Ketamine don't get to say 'ah that's only cos of the 3-0 walkover we gave Roys': when you fail to show up against the champions you don't really have much ground to stand on. How many clean sheets did we have? And 42 points is an excellent tally for us too. Though you gotta say fair play to Roys Rovers, 46 points is some going and they are an excellent team. Will congratulate them at the medals night.

The Ketamine Wiki is pretty entertaining alright. Good luck to them, they're a decent team.

Fair play to the Full Irish aswell Andy - 33 points in a tough league ain't bad at all and there's never been much between our teams. You's interested in a friendly?

Cheers, fair play to you lads again - you can really see how your team has improved over the last few seasons. And we're definitely on for a friendly. We owe you one at this stage :D

Des wrote: »
    I do have one friendly lined up, the usual August game on grass, I do hope we can pull a team together for that, as I'd like to actually win the trophy this year. That's an aside though, and the real deal is getting playing on the normal Astro surface to keep ourselves ticking over.

Is this game happening Des?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement