Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

summer season 09 - how the opposition are doing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

19:15 WES1 The full irish Shackthar Senseless
    19:15 WES2 Roys Rovers Perrem Design Hardware
    20:15 WES1 Ravenhill Fabulous Benedictine Monks
    20:15 WES2 Ketamine Rovers Boardeaux
    21:15 WES1 Bareassalona Glenwood Rovers

Full Irish should pick up all three points this evening, as should Roys Rovers.

Glenwood vs Bareassalona could be interesting too.

Ravenhill and Glenwood, if they both win, could get themselves back in touch with the top group in the league.

Roys Rovers v Glenwood Rovers
    Shackthar Senseless v Fabulous Benedictine Monks
    Ketamine Rovers v Bareassalona
    Ravenhill v Perrem Design Hardware

Potential here for Glenwoord to take points off Rovers, and Bareassalona to do something against Ketamine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Roy's Rovers beat an 8-man Glenwood 9-0.

I didn't play for the Monks in the end as their 11th man arrived, 0-0 when I left.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Roy's Rovers beat an 8-man Glenwood 9-0.

I didn't play for the Monks in the end as their 11th man arrived, 0-0 when I left.

positives and negatives from that result. thats glenwoods title challenge over, if it had not been over already.

the negative, is that thats the goal difference gone out to window for us, we are not going to make back that, simple as! same happens every year, we never seem to get a game where the opposition is extremely poor and uncompetitive. we are just going to have to finish ahead of them, no point worrying about goal difference,its 10 more than us already. they have +14 from 2 games.

**Ketamine only drew**

they play roys rovers next week,a chance for us to open up a gap on them if we win. the next 2 weeks, the way the fixtures look, are massive and will telll alot. 2 games we are well capable of winning and have to win. if we do so, with 6 games left, we are in a great position to win it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

9-0? **** that. Glenwood normally have decent numbers too. That's shocking. But we can beat Roy's Rovers. They're no great shakes. Ketamine drawing is a great result.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

**Ketamine only drew**

they play roys rovers next week,a chance for us to open up a gap on them if we win. the next 2 weeks, the way the fixtures look, are massive and will telll alot. 2 games we are well capable of winning and have to win. if we do so, with 6 games left, we are in a great position to win it.

Get f**king in there!!!

Fair play Barealassalona!!

Roys Rovers play Ketamine next week, so a draw in that one wouldn't be a bad result.

But fúckin' hell, nine bloody nil tonight for Roys is a shocker.

We can take heart from the fact that we've beaten them already this season I suppose, and we don't play them for four more weeks, so we can get that bad performance well and truly behind us.

We beat them with no subs and Eddie trying to help them out with a headstart :P We can beat them. That's a huge game next week though. We have two relatively easy games coming up. Two wins and a few goals would go down nicely.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Well boys this is it, the league is firmly in our own hands.
    Roys Rovers have to play Ketamine twice and hopefully TFI can do us a favour when they play.

Keep winning and the league is ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

We need to focus on getting results and if we keeping winning we'll be well in the mix at the end of the season.

• Advertisement

Keep winning and the league is ours.

That's about a million times easier said (typed) than done!

But yeah, you are right.

Once we keep chalking up the wins.

Mid season review.

22 points from a possible 27 means five dropped points. Can we call it that?

Maybe not, maybe the points shared was a fair reflection of the Ketamine game.

But we should never have been beaten by Ravenhill.

The standout point for me so far this season has been the brilliant defensive work we've been doing. To concede only 7 goals in 9 games is excellent, absolutely excellent. We are the second best defence in the league, and have four clean sheets. That is great for this type of league.

I'd like to point out that I say Defensive Work. Of course the back 5 are the bedrock of that, but from the running of the strikers late on in games, the graft in the midfield, everyone has done a sterling job as far as that goes.

Another major difference this season is the midfield. We have extremely strong options in there now, which has been the basis for our strong play coming forward. We play an excellent passing game, sometimes too intricate, I'd like to see more goals coming from the midfield.

Up front we have very good options, and this is why there is a bit of rotation up there (like on the wings last season). Each of the lads brings something different to our game, and at different times, different stages, each of those options is needed.

This is the strongest squad we've ever had, in my opinion, and that is reflected in results and current league position. Also, on nights when we've had low numbers, we've been generally strong enough to get a result.

I'm not sure what our best starting XI is, and that's a good thing in itself, it shows we have strong competition for places, and keeps lads on their toes. It was said at the start of the season that lads who aren't starting games then would come into play at this stage of the season. That still holds true now. If you'r not in the team from the get go right now, you are still a valuable squad member.

We need all hands on deck from now on.

19:15 WES1 The full irish Bareassalona
    19:15 WES2 Roys Rovers Ketamine Rovers
    20:15 WES1 Shackthar Senseless Boardeaux
    20:15 WES2 Ravenhill Glenwood Rovers
    21:15 WES1 Perrem Design Hardware FBM

So, we'll know the result of the Rovers Derby before we play. I expect Ketamine to win that, but a draw would be sweet from our point of view.

Either way, The only result that won't see us top this evening if we win would be a Roys Rovers win. Even then, we could overtake them if we get a record win.

All to play for tonight.

4th vs 5th in the TFI/Bareass game, should be a good one. I expect TFI to win there.

The other games don't affect us.

A win for TFI would put them right back in the mix especially if Ket and Roys draw their game.

The full irish 1-1 Bareassalona
    Roys Rovers 2-0 Ketamine Rovers
    Shackthar Senseless 1-0 Boardeaux

Ravenhill Glenwood Rovers
    Perrem Design Hardware FBM

Another clean sheet for us, that's five for the season, that's the same as anyone else.

Also, our seven goals conceded is the best in the league.

That will be a proud record for the defence to keep for the season.

Roys beat Ketamine, as we know. They still top the table on GD.

Killings at the end of the Ketamine/Roys Rovers game :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Killings at the end of the Ketamine/Roys Rovers game :eek:

Anyone hear if there was punches thrown? I came off before the end of my own game and there seemed to be alot involved in the scuffle, couldn't see what was happening in it though.
    Thats the problem with the huge support out on the line though, somethings always likely to kick off if anything happens out on the pitch, i've found that the players from the 2 of those sides get wound up easier than others in the league anyway

Id be surprised if there was much more than handbags though cause there was no trouble off the pitch and I didn't see anyone that looked like they got a slap

Slurm

Gary from Ravenhill would have seen what happened, they were playing on Wes2 after the Ket/Roys game.

There were 4 red cards though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 andrew71

As one of the RR's blokes said the trouble started in the last minute when they were 2-0 down and had no chance to win the game.

They need to grow up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Great free kick for your equaliser Andrew!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 andrew71

Cheers, I enjoyed that!

Will there be any repercussions against Ket/ RR over the melee at the end?

Could see supporters banned from the sideline.

Lads, leave out the comments about some of the things you are discussing.

We don't want a flame war on the forum.

I have been in touch with the relevant people.

Des wrote: »
    Lads, leave out the comments about some of the things you are discussing.

We don't want a flame war on the forum.

I have been in touch with the relevant people.
    :o Apologies...

so its us and roys rovers level on 25 and then ketamine have dropped 5 behind. one slipped result from us and roys rovers and they are back in, so its still a 3 horse race. going to be an interesting 8 weeks, the hardest parts comes now.

just picking up on the goal difference discussion, we have always been a cautious team and never really go gung ho. every season we win a game or 2 by 4 or 5 goals, but theres always other teams who will win games like that and then 1 or 2 who will win another by 9 or 10.

we have won something like 18 out of our last 20 games. it is possible that we win our last 8 games, we may need to, as roys rovers could also win all their games, so when we play them its going to be massive.

in terms of defense, we have improved every year considerably. we halved our goals conceded over the past year and have carried on that again. having a new look midfield and everybody playing in the best positions has helped this year also.

big round of games tonight.

19:15 WES1 Ravenhill v Ketamine Rovers
    19:15 WES2 The full irish v Roys Rovers
    20:15 WES1 Perrem Design Hardware v Glenwood Rovers
    20:15 WES2 Shackthar Senseless v Bareassalona

Hopefully our friends in Ravenhill and The Full Irish can do us a favour in this round of games. Would be a big result if TFI could get even a point from Roys.

It's a real test for Ket too, we'll see if this supposed blip continues.

Shacthar could also take something from Bareassalona, and I'd expect Glenwood to beat PDH.

couple of shocks tonight with glenwood (what the f*ck has happened them) only drawing and roys rovers loosing 3-0. thats ketamine back in now, we need to be careful, even if we draw one,its a 3 horse race.

in our own hands now, have we ever been 3 points clear before?

Well done to TFI for socking it to RR, 3-0 was some result for them (and us:D)

Can't get complacent, will have a tough game against Bareassalona next week.

toplg.jpg

19:15 WES1 Ravenhill -v- The full irish
    19:15 WES2 Shackthar Senseless -v- Roys Rovers
    20:15 WES1 Perrem Design Hardware -v- Ketamine Rovers
    21:15 WES1 Glenwood Rovers Fabulous -v- Fabulous Benedictine Monks

Roys versus Shackthar is on Wes2 before us, Roys will be expecting to win that one, but Shackthar looked not bad against us two weeks ago. A draw would be welcome, but Roys would really be expecting a win here.

The Full Irish have clicked back into gear, and will be expecting to beat Ravenhill.

Ketamine could have a very good night against PDH.

The other game doesn't affect us, but I'd expect a draw I think, maybe a Glenwood win.

• Advertisement

As expected wins for RR and Ket, a really tough game next week against RR and we'll need to put in a top class performance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement