Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AZBOX /Elite / HD / Premium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

PSUNG wrote: »
    Hi all I am new here and was under the impression that the azbox hd (not hd plus) could only use one tuner.By reading this thread it seems that it can have two tuners (ie dvbs2 +dvb t) is this true? Will the azbox hd work with dvbs2 and dvb T ? and if so where would you recommend to buy a dvb T tuner? Thanks in advance.Psung

it will let you use two tuners but not at the same time. ie you can watch either the dvbs2 or the dvbt but you cant watch one and record the other.

the premium plus was brought out to correct this as the elite and premium were originally supposed to be proper dual tuner boxes and were advertised as such.

the main reason people are getting azboxes now are for 4.2.2 feeds and if you're not interested in getting feeds then there are other boxes out there that will do dvb s2 + t without some of the hassle that you would get with the azbox (the factory firmware is still in beta after nearly 3 years and the enigma2 firmware is still under developement but it is unofficial firmware)

its a good piece of hardware with sh1te software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 PSUNG

Thanks Tapfit2004.So the azbox hd can accommodate two tuners but they work independantly? I do have this box and want to use it with dvbs2 and saorview if possible? I dont want to buy another box for dvb-t, hence my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

PSUNG wrote: »
    Thanks Tapfit2004.So the azbox hd can accommodate two tuners but they work independantly? I do have this box and want to use it with dvbs2 and saorview if possible? I dont want to buy another box for dvb-t, hence my question.

should work no problem, i haven't used the original firmware in ages so i dont know which is best (maybe the last one) but just pick up a dvb-t tuner and all should be ok.

i've seen some for sale by german ebay traders but try some of the dealers on boards to see what sort of money your looking at, they aren't dear anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 PSUNG

Thats great and thanks again Tapfit2004 for your info!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 scullyonweb

could someone point me to a how to for going from latest original fw to latest spaze e2 image.just see guides to update from other e2 images to spaze.hopefully it doesn't differ too much from updating original fw i'm used to.it's a premium + and i have a terrestrial tuner and sat tuner with hard drive

[can i leave all my recordings on hardrive?]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭jimmyjim11

have a look over here on satpimps think you have to install rti firmware 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

Spaze rar file only seems to include the bare F/W.
    See attachment to go from Original F/W to E2 F/W.
    This is included in the RTi_Core_1.0_-_Fix.rar file and AZUP (The program to update to E2) is also included in this Rar file.
    Programmes on HDD will be OK so long as you don't "Initialise" (Format) HDD in E2.

Didn't attach in Previous post.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 scullyonweb

thanks jimmyjim11 and shinobi,you've saved me lots of searching and confusion.

Anyone try latest RTi 1.1 image is it any better than spaze one ?

wifi has to be be fixed with file in 1.1. image

• Advertisement

jimmyjim11 wrote: »

I think I'll wait for Spaze release, which will be based on the 1.1 image. Spaze in my opinion is a more refined and a better organised version of the RTi version, plus they have some more time to iron out some of the bugs in their version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

jimmyjim11 wrote: »

RTi v1.1 doesn't work on the Ultra as of yet... booo! Waiting patiently for a fix...

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

I have some Hd recordings of a few of the mountain stages of this years Tour De France and they are c.20-30gb each in size. They are .ts files and are at present on my external hdd connected to one of my usb ports on the back of my elite.
    Anyone recommend the best way of archiving these recordings without compromising on the quality as much as possible?
    I will run out of space on the hdd at some stage in the not too distant future and dont want to delete them, might try and transfer onto an old desktop hd for now.
    Thanks in advance for any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭slegs

I have some Hd recordings of a few of the mountain stages of this years Tour De France and they are c.20-30gb each in size. They are .ts files and are at present on my external hdd connected to one of my usb ports on the back of my elite.
    Anyone recommend the best way of archiving these recordings without compromising on the quality as much as possible?
    I will run out of space on the hdd at some stage in the not too distant future and dont want to delete them, might try and transfer onto an old desktop hd for now.
    Thanks in advance for any advice

Handbrake can convert TS files to MKV with any settings you wish. I find audio goes out of synch if I try to compress with MP4 but MKV seems fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

Is anyone having issues with playing avi files? I'm still on the azbox firmware, 5308, and everytime I play a movie via a hdd or usb stick the movie cuts out halfway thorugh it.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭psham

Superfin wrote: »
    Is anyone having issues with playing avi files? I'm still on the azbox firmware, 5308, and everytime I play a movie via a hdd or usb stick the movie cuts out halfway thorugh it.
    yea its happening with me too but only with more recient avi,s..

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Greenpiece

shinobi wrote: »
    I'm trying out Spaze at the minute. So far seems much better than RTi core 1.0 fix, and it's only been released as a beta.
    Really nice release, Better on screen menus, Remote control is correctly keymapped - i.e. keys do what they say they do. Crossepg & Cool TV guide come preinstalled. Very little in the way of cogs & no green screens as of yet.
    Some issues occasionally with loss of sound, as before usually a channel up/down resolves this. Also Picons for Astra2 don't seem to work. I have DTT picons in same folder and they are working fine. Not too sure what the problem is but I have seen it already mentioned on sat pimps already.

Had some free time this week to try out Spaze and agree with you 100%. Also installed your picons, thanks a lot.

Just one question on how to get the wireless network working. Is it fixed in Spaze? and if so what are the correct settings. I just get green screen each time I try to configure it.

Greenpiece wrote: »
    Just one question on how to get the wireless network working. Is it fixed in Spaze? and if so what are the correct settings. I just get green screen each time I try to configure it.

Worked for me 1st time I tried to set it up :confused:

Thanks for letting me know it is working. I played around and found that it was my router encryption. It was set to wep so when I tried to toggle the configuration line for wep it gave me the green screen. Have it working now with encryption off for now. Will try with wpa later.

Still using spaze image but have been away for a while with work but now find thet epg which was working fine is no longer updating at all except for dtt channels. Even when I vist a channel the now/next only shows while on a channel but epg menu is blank for dvbs channels. Anyone come across this or any ideas?

• Advertisement

what are you using open TV ?

Yes, have tried with open and rytec. How do you uninstall the cross epg plugin and reinstall it?

try DCC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

Hi guys I posted on the Rti forum but I think a lot of stuff gets lost in translation.
    Essentially my box is stuck on booting. I have connected and am trying to use yamon. Hyperterminal is only showin garbled chars. Do I need to send it away to be jtaged?

Ta in advance

morana wrote: »
    Hi guys I posted on the Rti forum but I think a lot of stuff gets lost in translation.
    Essentially my box is stuck on booting. I have connected and am trying to use yamon. Hyperterminal is only showin garbled chars. Do I need to send it away to be jtaged?

Ta in advance

Something similar had happened me and I found swapping around the RX & TX cables sorted the problem.

shinobi wrote: »
    Something similar had happened me and I found swapping around the RX & TX cables sorted the problem.

thanks i tired but it didnt work for me. I guess I will have to post it off to be fixed. Was thinkering with the idea of jtag but too much hassle for me

double check all wires elite & premium are different I think :confused:

New release will be ready soon:

As we are testing fix for HDMI standby, Scart (Black and White) and Audio Fix

Already Teletext is fixed, sub-channel and so on [IMG]http://www.azbox-enigma.eu/RTi/forum/images/smilies/smile.png[/IMG]

We hope that we finally fixed this [IMG]http://www.azbox-enigma.eu/RTi/forum/images/smilies/smile.png[/IMG]

by mickeysat

• Advertisement

to upgrade to new rti core 1.3 from 1.2 is it just a matter of using azup and selecting the patch file.

I assume theres no need for rescue mode?

ta

Advertisement