Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AZBOX /Elite / HD / Premium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭jimmyjim11

rescue mode im afraid good luck :) just flashed now phew :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

jimmyjim11 wrote: »
    rescue mode im afraid good luck :) just flashed now phew :)

ah well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ukbrian

i have upgraded my az box with 0.95209 firmware works fine to my requirements but i still cannot get u tube it says please wait loading then sorry cannot connect, iam really not sure how to go about this its in my mind to find an older patch perhaps it will work but i dont want to lose what i have got and it takes a lot of time to get it back to normal so has anyone an easy suggestion, dont forget its an az box...

ukbrian wrote: »
    i have upgraded my az box with 0.95209 firmware works fine to my requirements but i still cannot get u tube it says please wait loading then sorry cannot connect, iam really not sure how to go about this its in my mind to find an older patch perhaps it will work but i dont want to lose what i have got and it takes a lot of time to get it back to normal so has anyone an easy suggestion, dont forget its an az box...

try the latest fw it says youtube fixed
    http://fw.azupd.com

thank you for your help i have downloaded the updated firmware and its the nearest i have got yet. i now get the thumbnails but it now says could be filter blocked by u tube, what now? thanks for your help... Brian

• Advertisement

Sorry never seen that one before.
    Thats why i moved to enigma. Its much better and 90% works fine.

yes i shall have to move to enigma . altho i have a tm5402 receiver put in dydns set up and works excellent

upgraded my prem + box to rti core 1.3 It gave a service error but it worked after a few goes.

I remember seeing a jtag tutorial in english from a spanish forum. would anybody know where it is? I have tried google.Its for another premium box btw

have a look on satpimps

ukbrian wrote: »
    thank you for your help i have downloaded the updated firmware and its the nearest i have got yet. i now get the thumbnails but it now says could be filter blocked by u tube, what now? thanks for your help... Brian
    yes i have bookmarked that page thank you i have downloaded latest patch 5309 now get u tube fine. excellent+++++++++++:)

• Advertisement

What´s New?

General

- Based in GIT SPAZE TEAM (12/11/11)
    - Last drivers 25/10/11
    - Soved many bugs in Enigma2
    - Added option to deactivate automatic channel scan
    - Updated spzMenu
    - Added SPAZE Panel (spzCAMD Manager, AzExplorer, spzBackup, spzDownloads, spzDeviceManager, etc…)
    - Menú personalización skin BlackModern_azboxHDv3
    - Added option to reset password of Azbox.
    - Added patch to VFD display (all models).
    - Updated skin BlackModern_azboxHDv3
    - New ChannelSelection.
    - Fixes in phyton files and plugins.
    - Fixed desynchronization of the menus in display.
    - Fixed some bugs in MyTube.
    - Added script spzFlashExp for extended DOMS (automatic).
    - Implemented virtual keyboard in all inputboxs.
    - Customization of keys on the remote control.
    - Updated Spanish, Italian and Catalan.

Multimedia

- New MediaCenter 0.3.5 MOD spzTEAM
    - Fixed time in .ts recordings
    - Added Internet Info (spzIMDB)
    - New screen with information of video file
    - Other visual enhancements
    - TimeSleep Integrated
    - Fixed another small bugs
    - VideoPlayer more powerfull
    - AudioPlayer fixed another small bugs

After a long time we can finally say, here's the new SPAZE 2.0. The last few weeks we have found problems with the new kernel and finally we decided to go back to the old. This has caused one of the new features we had prepared for the SPAZE not be incorporated because it is only supported by the new kernel, when the kernel problems are solved we release a new version with Led Support.

To finally see the drivers have not put those in the Core RTi 1.3 entirely that many people pass the HDMI signal long enough becomes inaccessible and you have to restart again. Does this mean that people will work well for the Standby Premium will be without him?. Not at all by the firm goes one. Ipk install the fix that will allow for the Premium Standby, we have done so because we believe it is the best globally.

As you can see the wizard will not choose between HDMI and DVI, as well as resolution and refresh. This is because we've found that people who have connected mode AZBox Components in these windows have the black screen to configure this. That's why we have omitted these windows so that all outputs operate correctly. Once all the wizard you can configure the refresh and resolution settings A/V

Due to the many changes in the new Spaze, only incorporates Spanish and English languages​​. In the download server is to download the Italian language (thank Doctor Who) and Catalan (thank Pe.Tardo). The other languages ​​we hope for your collaboration to be attached to the server.

Spaze 2.0 brings functionality for those with a higher DOM than the original capacity to take advantage of this space to install plugins, skins, picons, etc ...

If you use a different keymap that brings the SPAZE is very likely that in certain menu command does not work as they really should, so please keep in mind this and if you change the keymap is under your responsibility.

RAW audio is problematic. We don´t recomend for now use this configuration.

The last and the most important: We are very grateful with all betatesters for his collaboration detecting and fixing bugs, very hard work.... sergiri your azbox is the special one tongue.gif

DOWNLOAD

http://www.multiupload.com/EYA1JL584U

Greetings !!!
    Atte. SPAZE TEAM

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Greenpiece

What are the views on Spaze 2? Should you install from Spaze 1 or go back to original firmware and then to S2.

from Spaze 1

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Greenpiece

Thanks, got it working using LAN cable but don't seem to be able to get wireless working. Otherwise looks good, even kept my old spaze1 settings.

have a look on satpimps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 C3P0

Are these boxes still going strong, getting good updates/fixes? Will they be able to fetch and show 7-day EPG data for the UK channels (from 28E) and Irish channels (from 9E)?

Getting to a stage where I'm feeling like I'll have to upgrade the old FTA box fairly soon, will need something that can do HD and 4:2:2 feeds, and if it can play a good range of media files (like avi, mkv, mov, rmvb) then all the better.

I saw the Premium available for about €270 shipped, is that about as good as I'd get it, or is there some newer box on the horizon that will up the ante?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 korvin

I'd recommend to consider looking at some good quality clone of openbox 800 hd or other alternatives. Reasoning:
    1. official firmware for Azbox is not developing quick enough, the latest one is from September'11.
    2. it's not good for watching full hd MKVs - not sure if it's a chip's performance or UBS connection's bitrate not sufficient.
    3. switching between channels is quite slow and GUI sucks...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,503 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

C3P0 wrote: »
    Are these boxes still going strong, getting good updates/fixes? Will they be able to fetch and show 7-day EPG data for the UK channels (from 28E) and Irish channels (from 9E)?

Getting to a stage where I'm feeling like I'll have to upgrade the old FTA box fairly soon, will need something that can do HD and 4:2:2 feeds, and if it can play a good range of media files (like avi, mkv, mov, rmvb) then all the better.

I saw the Premium available for about €270 shipped, is that about as good as I'd get it, or is there some newer box on the horizon that will up the ante?

The only updates/fixes now are Egnima 2 and coming from sites likes this.

http://www.azbox-enigma.eu/RTi/forum/index.php

I haven't changed over yet but I find the original firmware OK. Can't say about EPG but an alternative to 9 East would be a built in terrestrial tuner unless you are somewhere far flung.

If you need 4:2:2 then Az is just about the only choice. Again can't advise on media player but the Enigma.eu site is very exercised on the subject.

There are two newer Az boxes but they appear to have less spec than the Premium. Who knows about what is on the horizon, only thing surprises me is that no other company has included 4:2:2 in their boxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 C3P0

Thanks for the replies and info.

Though I'm in the capital, I'll be wanting a box that I can have full control over channel lists and not have to switch between dish and antenna. Still in SCART land too, so those newer AZ boxes are a non-runner.

The slow channel switching is a worry though, I detest using anything that's like the speed of a Sky receiver, so I might have to look elsewhere. It's fairly evident in the videos I've seen of them in operation.

I'll keep looking. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,253 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Can anyone tell me if the Premium + is worth getting
    Can it record terrestrial and satellite at the same time?
    Can I play media files while recording satellite? I saw somewhere that the premium couldn't do this.
    Does it show media information for the video files i.e. description, rating etc from the likes of imdb

I'm looking for something to replace my pc setup that uses MediaPortal - which I like, but to upgrade the satellite card to S2 with dvb-t is going to cost about the same as buying the Premium +

TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Cranium

Things have quietened on this thread....

I haven't tried to move to Enigma yet (have a premium).....
    Any comments from anyone ?
    I had the impression that connecting to a home wireless network only works if the network password protection is NOT enabled....

So how goes it ?

thanks.....

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭kerrywez

Hi I have just got Permanet installed on Monday and had to redo all my network settings on the box, but my modem is password protected and the box can connect no problem, via Lan. I should think that you will not find any problem with E2 if you have any experience with Linux or networking, if not then you have a little bit of learning to do before you get there, but that is half the fun. But if you are of the modern breed, who want everything handed to them on a plate, if so then please do not even consider trying E2 on your box, as it requires a lot of work, but if you do not mind learning as you go, they by all means go for it, just remember that if you brick your box then don't come complaining to anyone on here, especially me.

Regards Wez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 le112

hello i have a Azbox Elite HD and when i put the transponders on to the box then scan it. it fails all the time and iv put it in right can you help me with this thank you lee

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

has anyone on here got a premium + in s2/dvbt combo form? Are there any issues around say watching terrestial while recording from satellite? Any info or other issues appreciated.

0.9.5402 fw has been released, supposed to fix issues with youtube & update tp details for european & us tp's. This is for the premium, elite & ultra range. File can be found at http://fw.azbox.ca

• Registered Users Posts: 18,394 ✭✭✭✭kippy

bodonnell wrote: »
    0.9.5402 fw has been released, supposed to fix issues with youtube & update tp details for european & us tp's. This is for the premium, elite & ultra range. File can be found at http://fw.azbox.ca

No updates for almost a year, then two withing days.
    Very strange altogether.
    I'll be leaving mine as is I think, pretty stable and working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

0.9.5402 fw has been released, supposed to fix issues with youtube & update tp details for european & us tp's. This is for the premium, elite & ultra range. File can be found at http://fw.azbox.ca[/QUOTE]

Did you do an over the net update or via USB?

Greenman wrote: »
    0.9.5402 fw has been released, supposed to fix issues with youtube & update tp details for european & us tp's. This is for the premium, elite & ultra range. File can be found at http://fw.azbox.ca[/QUOTE]

Did you do an over the net update or via USB?

Tried to do it over the net but it 'failed', so downloaded it to usb stick. Installed it today but still can't get youtube vids to load.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I wonder how are people getting on with this new update?

• Advertisement

Greenman wrote: »

I wonder how are people getting on with this new update?

Apart from youtube still not working, it seems stable, channels appear to be changing a bit quicker. A management program plugin was loaded with it, 'priority manager' but all info on this now seems to have gone, pages appear with no info when you select any of the fields.

Advertisement