Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AZBOX /Elite / HD / Premium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭FreshCoffee

I have the AZBox Premium. Got it a couple of years ago specifically for 4:2:2 feeds. I tried the update (0.9.5402) at the weekend. Installed from USB, (checked my internet settings were OK) and YouTube works perfectly. It played all YouTube videos I tried and the search worked fine too!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

The latest firmware has a Plugin called Priority Managger 1.6, it has many wonderful features the most important being the ability to Reset all System Passwords!
    One click and it resets all passwords to default without a full reset and losing satellite data etc.

I had changed my password from root azbox in the past which was fine till my laptop hdd packed and i could not remember what i changed it to, Priority Manager allowed me to reset it to default again.

Have not noticed any major differences with this fw update otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

has anyone tried Persian Empire Enigma2 Image (Open PLi Based) Beta 3 on a premium plus?

i got another azbox p+ and i want to put enigma on it but i dont know which to go for, have spaze on my first one and its ok but would like the latest available if it works ok.

thanks.

i ended up putting openpli on my premium plus. it works well, really quick and all i had to do was put in the openpli url and it updated from directly from the original opensat firmware.

youtube isn't working but i dont know if its me as i haven't spent long at it. when vlc starts up for youtube or streaming the box crashes, anyone know a quick solution?

can't really complain as its so much better than the original fw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

Hi all,

I'm interested in purchasing an AzBox Premium Plus HD. Can anyone recommend a supplier in Ireland, or overseas?

Paul.

• Advertisement

pbirney wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm interested in purchasing an AzBox Premium Plus HD. Can anyone recommend a supplier in Ireland, or overseas?

Paul.

i bought my original one new from a company in dusseldorf for €420 with 2 sat tuners. it came up on a search through google.

i bought my second one on ebay.de for €160 + €17 for shipping, with one sat tuner. it was secondhand but in perfect condition.

the boxes firmware still isn't fully glitch free so theres a seems to be always a few available on the german ebay. some users have giving up waiting and gone for vu's or dreams.

even if they say deliver to germany only i just email them and they will normally quote you for ireland. shipping is usually cheaper than from britain too.

also its worth checking first if they take paypal as otherwise they will want a bank transfer and you have no comeback. any of the germans i've dealt with over the years were sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

tapfit2004 wrote: »
    i bought my original one new from a company in dusseldorf for €420 with 2 sat tuners. it came up on a search through google.

i bought my second one on ebay.de for €160 + €17 for shipping, with one sat tuner. it was secondhand but in perfect condition.

the boxes firmware still isn't fully glitch free so theres a seems to be always a few available on the german ebay. some users have giving up waiting and gone for vu's or dreams.

even if they say deliver to germany only i just email them and they will normally quote you for ireland. shipping is usually cheaper than from britain too.

also its worth checking first if they take paypal as otherwise they will want a bank transfer and you have no comeback. any of the germans i've dealt with over the years were sound.
    Thanks tapfit2004,

I found them for sale on Pixmania from €269 ...

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/4968611/art/azbox/premium-hd-plus-sat.html

Seems like a good deal.

Thanks tapfit2004,

I found them for sale on Pixmania from €269 ...

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/4968611/art/azbox/premium-hd-plus-sat.html

Seems like a good deal.

yea, its ok for a new one, they are €239 and up in germany but there would be shipping on top of that.

if you want to record while watching other channels maybe get a second tuner pre installed as the dvb-s2 tuners are around €50 plus delivery, pixmania might have a better deal for two tuners,

just looked and they don't have a 2x s2 offer but they do have a dvb-s2 and dvb-t combo for €279 where you get the dvb-t tuner for €10.

when the firmware gets up to the level of the other linux boxes available it will be a great box, especially as it works for 4.2.2 feeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Hi all,

Paul.
    Bought a prem+ (dvbs2/dvbt combo) a few months back from Lmcsatellite, was about 260e inc shipping. go to azbox.com and they have a list of online retailers. Satshopfi may be a little cheaper now

new image released today, one report on another forum of it having a few bugs. i haven't tried it but it is running on a new kernel and is supposed to be quick.
    bodonnell wrote: »
    Open AZBox MOD Team proudly presents

OpenAZBox PLi MOD HD Prerelease

Enigma 2 of August 10. 2012

Drivers of August 10. 2012

Kernel of August 9. 2012

To install this image please be sure that you are using AZUp 2.2.4

This is the first Open AZBox MOD Image for AZBox HD Elite, Premium, Premium+ and Ultra which is running on new 3.4.4 Kernel. Open AZBox MOD Images are fully based on OpenPLi 2.1 Enigma 2 Opensource Project.

You can expect more features in the future that include support for blindscan and USB DVB-T tuners, as we have reached the same level as with new AZBox receivers, thus making all AZBox HD devices run on a new kernel.

This image includes all latest changes from OpenPLi team.

Please test it, use it and give us your feedback.
    We would appreciate if you skip questions like 'when will something be supported or added in image'' - we are working day to day in order to put as much as possible features in E2 and kernel.

Keep in mind that some of your 'findings' will not be treated as bugs - some users posted about video scalling options, but we already know about that and due work is in progress, so sooner or later it will be added, don't worry.

We are also working on AZPlayer for all models, and you can expect it at soon. For now there is Enigma 2 Media Player which you can locate by Menu -> Plugins -> Media Player

Download package include:

BackToOfficial, OfficialToE2, AZUp 2.2.4 Setup and patch.e2 (Open AZBox MOD HD Prerelease).

Download

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

tried this image on my prem+ and its ok for what I do.

Anybody know whats the story with the site Openazbox.info?

Maybe OpenRsi hacked it after the accusations from last week regarding the Kernel!!!

morana wrote: »
    tried this image on my prem+ and its ok for what I do.

Anybody know whats the story with the site Openazbox.info?

Maybe OpenRsi hacked it after the accusations from last week regarding the Kernel!!!

azbox-enigma.eu is open again and they have new sections for all the different firmwares

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Greenpiece

Is it worth trying these images?

Have been using Spaze 2.2 for a while now and was ok until recently but now my Alsat dark motor will not move west. It will do a goto zero and from there move correctly to any sats stored east but will not move in the westerly direction at all except goto zero.

Is this an image problem or a box problem?

You could try to load one of the new images or even reload a fresh copy of spaze and see would it sort your problems. Just make sure to save your settings first.

I tried to put the latest image from the openazbox site but now my box is stuck in booting.

I found the openrsi image to be good apart from a few things not working on it.

I still have spaze on my other p+. I'm waiting for the next release from openazbox and if that does most of what the box can do i'll put it on the two boxes.

Hopefully they will release it soon.

Always seems a bit dicey when reloading images on azbox, so before I tried that I checked the rotor with another old box I have.

Turned out to be a positioner problem. When I hooked up old DM7000 it was the same story, goto 0 worked and could not drive west until I sent disable limits command and bingo!

Have azbox hooked back up and moving to westerly sats again.

Any news on a new Spaze image?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

Greenpiece wrote: »
    Any news on a new Spaze image?

Was going to try Spaze 2.2 image but box WILL NOT go into Recovery Mode. Looks like more fun with Yamon.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭jimmyjim11

How is Spaze 2.2 ?
    is there problems with C4HD on it ?
    any other bugs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

jimmyjim11 wrote: »
    How is Spaze 2.2 ?
    is there problems with C4HD on it ?
    any other bugs ?

Just tried SPAZE 2.2. Not very impressed. In my case I've found Zapping quite slow.
    Ch4 HD is very glitchy, but if you use time shift to buffer there is no problem (I'm sure you can set up a delay/buffer in the menu somewhere). Other HD channels, strangely enough, display without incident. Cool TV didn't work straight away as standard, although it is included in the install. I downloaded & installed version 5 & it then worked. But I'm still having problems with Picon naming issue - ie Picon names matching channel names. Think i'll try a different image but not sure which to go with. I haven't had a lot of time to tinker about over the last while.

What would you recommend as a good image with fast channel changing?

What would you recommend as a good image with fast channel changing?

Rti 1.7

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, is much faster than Spaze.

One other question, which button allows you to change audio channel from NAR. Is there a setup option somewhere so it ignores this or can select original audio language.

Thanks for that, is much faster than Spaze.

One other question, which button allows you to change audio channel from NAR. Is there a setup option somewhere so it ignores this or can select original audio language.

if you use the yellow button and then when in that menu the green I think.Maybe the green is for subtitles.

I have prem + but I cant get it working with openpli or OAM. The audio sync is terrible and the channel changing is shocking slow. Anyway I will wait for a release and then start using it as my main box.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Hi guys can someone explain to me what channels you can get with this box and subscriptions available etc.

Using original fw.
    My box dtt tuner is acting funny, channels are greyed out in channel list and i cant select them directly in a favourites list of dtt channels only, i have to select a channel below them and then press the up button, the back button also works.

The problem started after I did a factory reset and resent the channel list i had saved before it to the box after the reset (with Maz).

When i go to the tuner in settings it does not show any signal strength or quality but when i manually tune to ch 52 it finds all the dtt channels and saves them?
    Upgraded the fw to the most recent but no good.
    Maybe i need to remove the tuner and reinstall it?
    Maybe its the tuner settings in the channel list?

Any thoughts or help appreciated

Using original fw.
    My box dtt tuner is acting funny, channels are greyed out in channel list and i cant select them directly in a favourites list of dtt channels only,
    try delete them and rescan ?

[HTML]OpenAZBox PLi MOD HD image is fully based on OpenPLi 2.1 Enigma 2

Kernel: Linux azboxme 3.5.5
    Enigma 2: 22. october 2012
    Drivers: 22. october 2012

What is new:

1. All AZBox receivers are now running on Linux kernel 3.5.5 , Me, MiniMe, Premium, Elite, Premium+ and Ultra HD.

2. Blindscan support for all models including AZBox Me, MiniMe (AVL2108 & AVL6211), Premium+ and Ultra.

3. AZPlay is official media player, and now is a part of Open AZBox MOD Image for Me, MiniMe, Elite, Premium, Premium+, Ultra HD.

4. Enhanced Card Reader functionality, especially on AZBox MiniMe (For MiniMe you can now manage clock frequency of card reader directly from RTi Sys which is part of Open AZBox MOD Image).

In first Release will be included:

- USB DVB-T Support (Drivers and support for USB DVB-T Tuners are already on Menu->Plugins->Download). All DVB USB Tuners are visible under Enigma 2. So if You have supported USB DVB Tuner you can install support for it, and Your tuner will be visible under Menu->Information->About. For now just is left that we connect all with main driver, this will come in max. 10 days.

- 3G Modem support with control directly from kernel space. This reflect better stability and as result more 3G modems is supported.

To install this image please use AZUp 2.2.7, download link is located below.

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tpls7r725d5n4bk

Download AZUp 2.2.7:

http://www.mediafire.com/?np50n069dgc63qb

Download AZUp 2.2.7 - Setup :

http://www.mediafire.com/?fdovn680o83ca5n[/HTML]

any one try the new prelease ?

try delete them and rescan ?
    Should have mentioned that i tried that but it did not resolve the issue.
    Cheers

[HTML]OpenAZBox PLi MOD HD image is fully based on OpenPLi 2.1 Enigma 2

Kernel: Linux azboxme 3.5.5
    Enigma 2: 22. october 2012
    Drivers: 22. october 2012

What is new:

1. All AZBox receivers are now running on Linux kernel 3.5.5 , Me, MiniMe, Premium, Elite, Premium+ and Ultra HD.

2. Blindscan support for all models including AZBox Me, MiniMe (AVL2108 & AVL6211), Premium+ and Ultra.

3. AZPlay is official media player, and now is a part of Open AZBox MOD Image for Me, MiniMe, Elite, Premium, Premium+, Ultra HD.

4. Enhanced Card Reader functionality, especially on AZBox MiniMe (For MiniMe you can now manage clock frequency of card reader directly from RTi Sys which is part of Open AZBox MOD Image).

In first Release will be included:

- USB DVB-T Support (Drivers and support for USB DVB-T Tuners are already on Menu->Plugins->Download). All DVB USB Tuners are visible under Enigma 2. So if You have supported USB DVB Tuner you can install support for it, and Your tuner will be visible under Menu->Information->About. For now just is left that we connect all with main driver, this will come in max. 10 days.

- 3G Modem support with control directly from kernel space. This reflect better stability and as result more 3G modems is supported.

To install this image please use AZUp 2.2.7, download link is located below.

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tpls7r725d5n4bk

Download AZUp 2.2.7:

http://www.mediafire.com/?np50n069dgc63qb

Download AZUp 2.2.7 - Setup :

http://www.mediafire.com/?fdovn680o83ca5n[/HTML]

any one try the new prelease ?

I have a prem + and there seems to be a lot of issues for that model so I will wait until a few patches come out

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

Should have mentioned that i tried that but it did not resolve the issue.
    Cheers

try azbox-0.9.5402-patch.bin

• Advertisement

morana wrote: »
    I have a prem + and there seems to be a lot of issues for that model so I will wait until a few patches come out

There was an online update last night which cured most of the glitches with prem+. Also noted that some lad said that putting the hdd to sleep after 30 mins apparo helped the zapping speed.

USed Azplayer and it works well. Ewish they would just package pnigfloods keymap as the default keymap.

Advertisement