Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Darts Software Tournament Groups, Stats & Discussion (Updated 21/05/08)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

I play friendly matches against folks on here nearly every weekday and always had fair and square matches in my opinion, sometimes I get thrashed sometimes I win. Sometimes I can average late 50's, most of the time mid 60's now. On occasions I can average 70's, one time I averaged 84 and was thrashed (probably because I never got to my doubles)6-0! I'm getting better thanks to this site, my new darts and my slightly improved stance.

There are also players on here that have a near 80 average which is brilliant and I like to play against them to gain some experience even though I'll 90% of the time get thrashed

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

Well, most good games in the Laois A league are usually mid sixty averages to seventy, anything over that and I get suspicious!!

80 averages is BDO standard, and sometimes PDC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Well ive played 3 matches, and ive averaged around 70 in all 3 games, ive won 2 and lost 1, in the last game STD Ste averaged around 80, i managed to get 3 legs, i didnt think much of it. The thought cheat never even came to my mind, i genuinely believe he averaged that even if thats near BDO standard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

Well ive played 3 matches, and ive averaged around 70 in all 3 games, ive won 2 and lost 1, in the last game STD Ste averaged around 80, i managed to get 3 legs, i didnt think much of it. The thought cheat never even came to my mind, i genuinely believe he averaged that even if thats near BDO standard

i have played ste a few times and he's a mate of mine. he defo averaged that i'm surprised it wasn't higher. i think we should let the whole cheating thing drop because it will just cause rifts and paranoia. i know i'm not cheating and i thrust my oppoent as a dart player himself to not cheat and that should be enough

Well, most good games in the Laois A league are usually mid sixty averages to seventy, anything over that and I get suspicious!!

80 averages is BDO standard, and sometimes PDC

There are some class players on here who probably should and could handle themselves in the BDO! I think a few of the lads on here have played at a high level in England! Practising on your own with a laptop beside you does not compare to playing county or league darts at all! I'd never accuse a player who has an average score of 80 or so of cheating, this forum covers players of all levels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭Degag

Definately Guys, there are some very good players on here, and while it may not be fun to lose 6-0 or 6-1 everytime it's a learning experience and i'm a firm believer that you'll learn alot more from losing to a good player than from beating a poor player.

Well said Degag!

I'm afraid to hit 140's or decent check outs now to be quiet honest. As D.T said please drop this!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Lads I didn't mean to start a conversation on this and I also wasn't accusing anyone of cheating. It's just a general comment and I am almost certain nobody would cheat because as Degag says yoou will learn nothing from it and ultimately we are all here to become better players.

Anyway that's the end of it, I want no more talk about cheating. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Degag wrote: »
    Meh, anybody who cheats in this is fooling themselves, not me. I've no problem finishing bottom of my group.
    Me either, as can be seen from my current league position ;).

@Kingp: It might be worth having two tournaments next time, ie. one for the people who average over ~65 and one for those under it. That way you'd get less games that aren't really competitive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Me either, as can be seen from my current league position ;).

@Kingp: It might be worth having two tournaments next time, ie. one for the people who average over ~65 and one for those under it. That way you'd get less games that aren't really competitive.

It's a good thought, I will open it up to everyone when the time comes and see what everyone wants. Although personally I think you learn more playing better players.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

yeah maybe 2 divisions so to speak, we could call one the bdo and the other pdc. I've being hammered by guys on here who i know are good throwers and as said theres a big difference in playing against a virtual opponent and having 50 people stare at you in a big comp. Averaged around 75 in my 3 games and i know i rarely average that live, if i did i'd be easily in the mayo team. theres no pressure in this comp its like playing n01 if i'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭Degag

I was thinking about this recently actually. We could have a seperate knock-out phase for the people finishing 3rd and 4th in their groups. It would mean that players would have something more to play for if they are drawn in a difficult group.... Alot more work for Kingp35 though and some people struggle to play their group games let alone any more.....

Degag wrote: »
    I was thinking about this recently actually. We could have a seperate knock-out phase for the people finishing 3rd and 4th in their groups. It would mean that players would have something more to play for if they are drawn in a difficult group.... Alot more work for Kingp35 though and some people struggle to play their group games let alone any more.....

Now that is a good idea, give players more games. I'll have a think about this and see what I can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭patrickincork

Have to say i'm learning an awful lot from playing against top players on here. It has definately improved my game and i find it really enjoyable! I've no prob being well beaten when i see my own average starting to rise!

Interesting idea about the 3rd or 4th place in each group having a seperate knockout competition when the groups are finished. I'd be willing to draw the fixtures for it if nobody else wanted to do it.

I was also thinking should we have two leagues like the Premier League and the Championship have promotion and relegation included. Throw in a cup knockout competition as well. Only problem I can see with that is maybe it take too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

well could run the league like they run football manager live. Every1 can play any time their fixtures. Set a date by which all must be completed and same as the tourney whichever of the 2 didnt make himself available loses.

well could run the league like they run football manager live. Every1 can play any time their fixtures. Set a date by which all must be completed and same as the tourney whichever of the 2 didn't make himself available loses.

Yeah I might do something like this for the next one. I'll post up all the fixtures and say give three weeks for you to play all your matches or maybe 2 weeks to play 3 and one week to play 2. Just to speed things along a bit.

I don't want to change it around too much because I think things run pretty well at the moment.

I was thinking of a two tier thing as well but we would need at least 24 definites to play all the time. Maybe 16 in the top league and the rst in the bottom league.

Keep throwing ideas at me lads and can form something for the next tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Interesting idea about the 3rd or 4th place in each group having a seperate knockout competition when the groups are finished. I'd be willing to draw the fixtures for it if nobody else wanted to do it.
    That's not a bad idea at all.

I'll tell you something. we have some smart people in this site. some brilliant ideas for the next tournament:D:D

• Advertisement

Sorry lads I am a day late with updating the group tables and posting the new fixtures. I was out for the day and only back a few minutes. I will get it done early in the morning and sorry for the delay.

No prob mate. to be honest i didn't even notice:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

No problem king we all have life's out side so no one care's if the fixtures are late

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Just a wee note for whoever im playing this week , I wont be able to play until Saturday evening on account of being on holiday. Sorry !!:D

Group tables have now been updated. Again check them just to make sure I got them right!

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HITMANHEALY

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Ok the lads I have drawn the groups and I have to say they all look like very tight groups! Hard to predict who is going to be the top 2 in any of them. Not too confident about my group but I'll give it my best shot!
    [B]GROUP 1[/B]
                                 P     W     D     L     PTS     DIF
    Carrickman                   3     2     1     0      5      +4
    Pad180                       3     1     1     1      3      +4
    Hitmanhealy                  2     1     1     0      3      +2
    iseethelight                 2     0     2     0      2       0
    Healio                       2     0     1     1      1      -2
    Mussha                       2     0     0     2      0      -8

[B]GROUP 2[/B]
    AndyP                        3     2     1     0      5      +9
    Kingp35                      3     2     0     1      4      +8
    Evolution Enter              2     1     0     1      2      -3
    Passinginterest              2     0     1     1      1      -6
    Degag                        2     0     0     2      0      -8

** Giant Reed withdraws from tournament **

[B]GROUP 3[/B]
    Ciarraibhoy                  3     3     0     0      6      +15
    DFD                          3     2     0     1      4      +7
    Daffy501                     3     2     0     1      4      +4
    Double Top                   3     2     0     1      4      +1
    Patrickincork                3     0     0     3      0      -11
    death1234567                 3     0     0     3      0      -16

[B]GROUP 4[/B]
    S.T.D. Ste                   3     3     0     0      6      +12
    scunner                      3     2     0     1      4      +5
    Dionsiseire                  3     2     0     1      4      +4
    ratinakeg                    3     1     0     2      2      -7
    Davb                         3     1     0     2      2      +1
    Padr81                       3     0     0     3      0      -15

[B]THE 180's TABLE[/B]

S.T.D. Ste - 4
    Pad180 - 2
    Ciarraibhoy - 2
    AndyP - 1
    Double Top - 1
    ratinakeg - 1
    Carrickman - 1
    Mussha - 1
    Davb - 1
    DFD - 1
    Degag - 1

Highest Checkout so far: Daffy501 - 156

I had 1 x 180 against Pad180

Unfortunately Mussha has had to pull out of the tournament as he doesn't have the time to play.

All his results are now null and void meaning Carrickman and Pad180 both lose 2 points as Carrickman beat him and pad180 had a walkover. Sorry lads but it's the only fair way to do it.

The Group tables have been updated.

They are a little all over the place at the moment because there are a lot of matches still to be played from previous weeks. Hopefully they will be played soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Does anyone know whats happened to ciarraibhoy?? He said he would be back on the 12th but no sign of him yet

Our group is gonna go down to the wire :D:D

• Advertisement

Lads I am letting anyone who still has to play their games until WEDNESDAY to do so. Any games not played by then I will have to dish out walkovers at my discretion so we can get on with the quarter finals.

Advertisement