Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random/General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭JohnC.

The rules of the road state you should only use lane 3 (the overtaking lane)if traffic in lane 1 and 2 is moving in queues and you need to overtake to make room for merging traffic.If you see 3 lanes or merging traffic on the ring road may i suggest specsavers.

This reads like you only think lane 3 on a motorway is the overtaking lane and not lane 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So then the new filling station at tesco is a card payment only kiosk with no shop :( Won't be going there....Circle K on the Dunmore Road can have my trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭kuang1

So then the new filling station at tesco is a card payment only kiosk with no shop :( Won't be going there....Circle K on the Dunmore Road can have my trade.

There is a cash pump there. Have used it twice.

Cheapest around at the moment. Had no trouble with it.

Do you just feed with notes like a reverse ATM?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭kuang1

Do you just feed with notes like a reverse ATM?

Yup. Type in the amount of fuel in euro, then insert the cash. If you over estimate, and car won't take the amount you've paid for, you get a credit receipt for the balance to use next time. Happened to me first day and used the credit receipt 2nd time. (scanned the barcode before inserting cash).

It's the pump furthest away from entrance on left/near side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

So then the new filling station at tesco is a card payment only kiosk with no shop Won't be going there....Circle K on the Dunmore Road can have my trade.

Complete cashless is not good, all cash here to

I hardly use cash now as it happens but I'm not a fan of these bleak fuel only stations, lets face it part of the ritual is to go inside and buy an expensive chocolate bar or loaf of bread! Not too mention a sandwich or soft drink, coffee all of which the others in the area offer.

I hardly use cash now as it happens but I'm not a fan of these bleak fuel only stations, lets face it part of the ritual is to go inside and buy an expensive chocolate bar or loaf of bread! Not too mention a sandwich or soft drink, coffee all of which the others in the area offer.

Ah a completely cashless society, could be very dangerous, for us all, cashless is handy though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Gardner

sooner we have a cashless society the better.

Gardner wrote:

Disagree there, it might just concentrate control of our monetary systems

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Disagree there, it might just concentrate control of our monetary systems

The linen and cotton farmers around the world will be delighted with your support.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭curmudgeonly

Gardner wrote: »

I know one ethnic minority would not agree with you there.

It's inevitable anyway and it makes every citizen and business transparent and accountable.

Cashless means centalised control, notes are discreet and offer agency to every person.

The linen and cotton farmers around the world will be delighted with your support.
    It's inevitable anyway and it makes every citizen and business transparent and accountable.

exactly! this is another strong reason why it may never happen, humans will probably always want an element of anonymity, theres a fairly strong push back for the cashless society, i cant see it happening just yet

https://www.waterfordlive.ie/news/home/572610/warning-do-not-eat-this-popular-chicken-product-sold-at-waterford-lidl-stores.html
    The Food Safety Authority of Ireland has issued a recall notice for a popular chicken due to the presence of Listeria monocytogenes.

Faughan Foods is recalling the Glensallagh Family Pack Roast Chicken Breast Pieces 240g product (Batch Code: P3527) with the use by date of September 13, 2020.

1599670445774.jpg

The implicated batch was sold in Lidl stores, where point-of-sale recall notices will be displayed. Consumers are advised not to eat the implicated batch.

I buy these but not just lately Phew!

I buy these but not just lately Phew!

Jesus, I've bought these before to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

When does the new Mexican food place open?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

When does the new Mexican food place open?
    Tomorrow, Friday 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

• Advertisement

Matt Shanahan talking absolute bollcoks in regards conservative economic thinking, on rte's your politics podcast

https://podcast.rasset.ie/podcasts/audio/2020/0917/20200917_webexclusi-yourpolitics-kisskeepit_c21836509_21836510_232_.mp3

Revolution just posted the photo and phone number of a customer that walked out without paying. ****ty thing to do to a business however is that even legal to post their personal details? That is GDPR issue.

Revolution just posted the photo and phone number of a customer that walked out without paying. ****ty thing to do to a business however is that even legal to post their personal details? That is GDPR issue.

tis still up there, slap on the wrist incoming!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

https://www.wlrfm.com/2020/09/22/councillors-vote-to-increase-property-tax-by-10-in-waterford/

Middle of a pandemic. Talk of lock down. So many people on covid payments, and our councillors choose to up the property tax.

10 euro? I'll cope.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

That's extremely bitchy.

That's extremely bitchy.

its incredibly unprofessional, i can understand the frustration and anger, but.....

That whole post was completely deleted. Wonder did they realise the error of their ways or didn't like the negative publicity. Some people were commenting on their negative experiences in the said place. Etc.

That whole post was completely deleted. Wonder did they realise the error of their ways or didn't like the negative publicity. Some people were commenting on their negative experiences in the said place. Etc.

oh screenshot im sure, fecken idiots

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    oh screenshot im sure, fecken idiots
    I don't like giving businesses bad press, but when a local business does something as crass and ill-conceived as that you lose respect.

Advertisement