Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random/General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,826 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

thank you to the waterford team, we re proud of you anyway folks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Homesavers to close Dungarvan and Tramore stores from tonight

Homesavers to close Dungarvan and Tramore stores from tonight

Very bad management there, dreadful news for staff

A family member had just got a job there after a few years outta work. He is as delighted. Makes your heart sink it does. Management didn't care about the law though unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭homecouldbhere

Anyone's virgin broadband giving trouble this morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭homecouldbhere

Anyone's virgin broadband giving trouble this morning?

Virgin confirm disruption to service this morning. To be rectified sometime before 1.00pm.

Really thinking of the families of Debenhams staff and Homesavers in particular this Christmas. My cousin lost his job from homesavers after being unemployed for a number of years. Very hard situation.

Really thinking of the families of Debenhams staff and Homesavers in particular this Christmas. My cousin lost his job from homesavers after being unemployed for a number of years. Very hard situation.

i dont know if it is naivety or ignorance from the owner here, but what a sh1t christmas for all the staff you mentioned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    i dont know if it is naivety or ignorance from the owner here, but what a sh1t christmas for all the staff you mentioned

It was neither and that crowd should be shunned if only to remind other potential retailers to play by the rules.

I agree. The owner should be behind bars for the amount of times he has tried to pull a fast one of council throughout Ireland.

• Advertisement

I agree. The owner should be behind bars for the amount of times he has tried to pull a fast one of council throughout Ireland.

id love to know who gave him credit, to start all these businesses?

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

id love to know who gave him credit, to start all these businesses?

Probably someone who is partial to brown envelopes!

snow snow snow snow!

probably loads, just bloody legalize it, so we can get on with life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Decent set-up to be fair!,guards must of got a heads up from someone dont think they would of just picked a random house in Lismore park!

Decent set-up to be fair!,guards must of got a heads up from someone dont think they would of just picked a random house in Lismore park!

you d wonder if the ir cam on 117 was used to pick this up?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭curmudgeonly

Terraced house always a bad idea, smell travels through the party walls... or so I've been told.

Terraced house always a bad idea, smell travels through the party walls... or so I've been told.

tis a feckin lovely smell, but a house full of them, probably gets a bit much after a while

• Registered Users Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

you d wonder if the ir cam on 117 was used to pick this up?

I do not understand this ...... can you explain?

• Advertisement

Anyone know where in Lismore Park?

I do not understand this ...... can you explain?

the infra red camera on the rescue helicopter 117 would have the abilities to detect these kind of grow houses, as a large amount of heat is required for growing, no idea if it is used in this manner though, and a previous poster could be right, the gardai may have been in fact informed about it, possible from odor's, who knows

edit: or i should say, the uv lamps used to grow, give off a lot of heat, but if the house is well insulated, its probably pointless using an ir cam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Looking at the pics there seems to be some sort of ventilation system out the window,could of been that too maybe..

Looking at the pics there seems to be some sort of ventilation system out the window,could of been that too maybe..

was thinking that to, probably what truly gave it away, and possibly the odors to

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭gobo99

If all the neighbours have frost on the roof and you don't then you're either growing weed or you need to insulate the attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

If that is the case then it was rather foolish.
    In these times any strange smell will be noticed due to so many being at home.

I really cannot imagine anyone, who is serious about growing, as this set up seems to be, depending on ventilation out a window.

Does not compute for me ...

Does not compute for me ...

Money money money, you d be surprised how little lads give a sh1t if they can make a lot of it, and not get caught

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

leave.eu are coming to Waterford! Watexit is on!! ;)

https://whois.eurid.eu/en/search/?domain=leave.eu

The cheeky so and so's have got their way in the UK but are still refusing to leave the EU for good, so they have registered here with BSG (Durands Court, 7 Parnell St, Waterford) to keep an .eu web address.

https://t.co/5ibECTUNjE?amp=1

leave.eu are coming to Waterford! Watexit is on!! ;)

https://whois.eurid.eu/en/search/?domain=leave.eu

The cheeky so and so's have got their way in the UK but are still refusing to leave the EU for good, so they have registered here with BSG (Durands Court, 7 Parnell St, Waterford) to keep an .eu web address.

https://t.co/5ibECTUNjE?amp=1

hopefully the irexit group realise how stupid they are, as we all watch the uk fall apart

• Advertisement

John Cummins reinstated into Fine Gael.

Advertisement