Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Placebo - Battle for the Sun

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

if you have seated tickets is it possible to get down to the standing area in the olympha ?

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

awhir wrote: »
    if you have seated tickets is it possible to get down to the standing area in the olympha ?

cheers

Very unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Lamps

Went to see them in Paris last week, ive seen them loads over the years but they are back to their best. SWG and MEds tours were a bit flat, but theres definetly a new life in them now and i must say the new album sounds awesome live. Brian has got even cooler on stage (the way he moves about is class) and the violins etc on stage make it all so epic.
    They are mixing the the set lsit up a lot, so you really dont know what songs your going to get, (Passive Aggressive was played in Pairs!)
    Heres a video my friend shot of one of my favourite songs from last week...its a bit jump but you tell it was just class....

Roll on December and the Olympia, my God thats going to be some gig....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Really been getting excited about the gig in the Olympia now, can't bloody wait! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

awhir wrote: »

cheers

You need two friends who have standing tickets. Get them in, get one to go out with both of them, then go in with him. Rinse and repeat to get in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i didnt get tickets, jaysus how bad am i
    i take it seating is sold out for both?

I thought seating was available for the second gig, im not sure though, check out ticketmaster, and ill say there will be a few tickets flying around when the gig is closer.

id love to go to both, i live right across from the olympia stage door,
    when they open the window at the seating area, i can practically see in

Placebo won best Alternative Band at the EMA's.

Fair play to them, I know MTV awards can be a bit of a joke but its great to see them get some credit because i feel they are extremely underrated.

Also, anyone get the latest issue of Q with the top 50 albums of 2009, Battle For the Sun didnt even make the list! Very suprised, especially considering some of the cr@p that made the list!

Roll on the Olympia!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

can't wait to see them live! didn't get tickets initially but finally got them through an ad :D they're only seated but better see them than not!

initially wasn't at all keen on BFTS. Really love meds so was initially disappointed with BFTS but it's really starting to grow on me!

• Advertisement

I honestly think BFTS is their best album to date, its very consistent which cannot be said for most of their other albums.

r both dates sold out?
    doh
    I honestly think BFTS is their best album to date, its very consistent which cannot be said for most of their other albums.

dont be silly, lulz

I havent stopped listening to BFTS, i love every song (except FWIW), i never thought id like an album more than BMM, but this is it. And when you see it live you'll like it even more. Love it.

I agree that it's consistent... But I do happen to like variety on an album :p Consistently good, but with variety

I'm actually surprised at how well it's done compared to their other albums...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 swivelchair88

I agree that it's consistent... But I do happen to like variety on an album :p Consistently good, but with variety

I'm actually surprised at how well it's done compared to their other albums...

Have you seen album sales for BFTS?

Have you seen album sales for BFTS?
    No but I remember reading an interview type thing that said it's their hottest selling album yet? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭zelemon

Lads, I have three tickets for the tuesday night show, I cannot go due to Uni commitments & the fact that i am skint!
    I have listed them on e bay so you can contact me there!

il buy 2

Roll on Tuesday!!

And the support act Silversun pickups are class for anyone who hasnt listened to them.

Hoping they play Trigger Happy and Passive Aggressive (its back in some sets!)...cant wait for this!!

Can't bloody wait for tuesday! Its going to be great!!!

Silversun Pickups are pretty good too, picked up their album in HMV a couple of months back when i heard they were supporting and i must say i am quite impressed with their stuff!

• Advertisement

Sorry for the double post!

Great video of Bitter End live in London 02 last week.

Im just dissapointed they wont be able to do half of the lighting effects in the olympia!

Roll on tomorrow night! :D

got seatin tickets for tomorrow but think workin friend can get me downstairs, kinda wanna go wed too

was leaving for work, there was already people queuing outside around half 8 !!!!
    i live right beside the back stage door though, yesss

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Have people nothing better to be doing?

Yeah my friend said there was about 15 people outside their this morning but only 8 people outside this evening ?

Doesnt make much sense to me, ill head into town in about an hour i say, get a pint or two before the gig and then its Placebo time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

Does someone need a Placebo ticket (seating). I'm sick and I can't go. It's an e-ticket, I'll send it to you via email, you just need to print it. 30 euro.

Such an amazing gig! I really enjoyed it! Thought it was a bit short but they jammed alot of songs in though!

Taste In Men at the end was so unexpected but i loved it!

Can anyone tell me that new song that they played? Its not on the new album or any of the others. They played it towards the end!

The new song is trigger happy.

What a gig, TIM at the end was epic!!

Dont think it was to short, came on at 9.05 and played till 10.45

What a gig, what a set, what a light show, was awesome!!

only thing is they didnt play bitter end....what was theat all about!?

placebo/wyin/only taste in men?

pffftt
    annoyed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

Placebo wrote: »
    placebo/wyin/only taste in men?

pffftt
    annoyed

+1, and I'm a fan since the first album came out.
    they haven't played anything (except taste in man and every u every me) from the first albums which are the best part of their discography.
    The most of the songs was from the last album, few were good (ie devil in details) but not really necessary since they have produced much better stuff during these years.
    Don't understand also why it was forbidden by the Placebo management to take pics of the gig. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    It was an "OK" concert, it could have been waaay better because of all the reasons above.:(

Advertisement