Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Good God, if I lived in Walford I'd take to my bed on December 30th for at least three days just to be on the safe side! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

EastEnders' Pat gets special exit theme

Pat Evans's final EastEnders episode will feature a new version of the soap's theme tune as a tribute to the much-loved character, Digital Spy can confirm.

Simon May, who composed the original EastEnders theme in 1984, has reworked the tune to create 'Pat's Theme' - which will play out at the end of the Albert Square legend's last episode.

EastEnders bids a heartbreaking farewell to Pat on New Year's Day following her recent diagnosis of terminal cancer.

In real life, meanwhile, Pam St Clement has decided to bow out from EastEnders to pursue other work and life opportunities.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbY2N3a3aLA

EastEnders fans will already be familiar with the show's long-standing alternative tune 'Julia's Theme', which traditionally airs at the end of episodes featuring intense emotion or drama.

Peggy Mitchell, played by Barbara Windsor, also had her own version called 'Peggy's Theme' when she departed Walford in September 2010.

The New Year's Day episode of EastEnders will also feature an updated opening title sequence, as the Olympic Park will be included in the graphics for the first time. The sporting complex will play host to the Summer Olympics and Paralympics in 2012.

An EastEnders insider told Digital Spy: "It's only right that as we say goodbye to the iconic Pat Evans we pay tribute to such a character with a wonderfully touching special theme tune.

"As we say farewell to a legend of over 26 years, we welcome in what will be a truly remarkable New Year in E20 by adding the Olympic Park into the opening title sequence."

EastEnders airs a 70-minute-long episode on New Year's Day from 7pm.

Also head the end credit will show the read East london a bit like stacey exit but i not sure if that true!

Tribute
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAK9spLAIiM

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

gidget wrote: »
    Just an afterthought after watching the Pat/Mo moment - i remembered these two having bad vibes over Mo's marraige to Pat's brother when Mo first arrived, but am wondering now why Pat has never recognised the Slater girls as her family, wouldn't that connection have made her their great aunt? After all she still recognises Ian as family & he's just David's half brother. Ah just reading between the lines really it will be a hard episode to sit through tomorrow night alright!

it was news to me the other night when pat started talking about her brother....and he was married to big mo.... your right why has she never poked her nose into the slaters then?

but im confused about the connection with ian?....david is his half brother?....who?
    david wicks? is ians half brother? since when? that would mean ian was biancia's uncle.... ? since when?....

i am not particulary looking forward to her dying swan act, and im one of the few who doesnt like pat so im just happy shes going, and that david wicks is popping back, would have been better if the other wicks son popped in from new zealand too make it more realistic. and stupid peggy should make an appearence for the funeral....

iceblue wrote: »
    it was news to me the other night when pat started talking about her brother....and he was married to big mo.... your right why has she never poked her nose into the slaters then?

but im confused about the connection with ian?....david is his half brother?....who?
    david wicks? is ians half brother? since when? that would mean ian was biancia's uncle.... ? since when?....

i am not particulary looking forward to her dying swan act, and im one of the few who doesnt like pat so im just happy shes going, and that david wicks is popping back, would have been better if the other wicks son popped in from new zealand too make it more realistic. and stupid peggy should make an appearence for the funeral....

Both Simon and David have fall out after David found out Simon was sleeping with his wife, (This happened in new zeland that why Pat telling simon off on phone the other day.

After that scene, I said to my brother, that reason that Simon won't be coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

have a box of tissues beside waiting for 7 o'clock
    Pat Butcher is a legend her mad earrings, her heart of gold really
    gonna miss her :( started watching eastenders early 90's Pat has
    always been my fav character

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭gidget

David & Ian's dad was Pete Beale! Which would also have made Pauline Fowler, Bianca's great aunt also! That was another connection that never seemed to materialise!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,656 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

David Wicks wastes no time getting with the ladies as he hooks up with
    Roxy and Carol

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

Posy wrote: »
    Good God, if I lived in Walford I'd take to my bed on December 30th for at least three days just to be on the safe side! :eek:

could get burnt out of it then :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

ooooh I loved David Wicks...I know he's in holby, but I don't watch that. How long is he staying for does anyone know?

Its a shame Phil, Peggy and Simon dont visit Pat

• Advertisement

Peggy in particular

ooooh I loved David Wicks...I know he's in holby, but I don't watch that. How long is he staying for does anyone know?

I hope he stays around for a while still looks well for his age :o

Whitney should have been introduced to David as his granddaughter also Carol was wrong looks like she never will accept Whitney as Bianca's daughter :mad:

I loved the scenes with Pat and Janine and Pat and David

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Tell me boardsies is Simon Wicks coming back too over next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 12,429 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Pat%20The%20Baker%20-%20Pats%20Pan%20-%20White%20Sliced_small.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Well that was a tear fest! Best Xmas soap by far!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Thought he was one of the best characters in Eastenders, excellent again tonight. Wonder will he stay around? Him and Derek makes great television.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I was crying my eyes out :o
    loved the scenes with Pat and Janine & the Pat and David scenes well I had a right lump in my throat

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

what a brilliant ending for pam st clement. and they had the best actors around in it. janine and bianca and pat and dot and david were brilliant. its a pity peggy doesnt come back for the funeral. so bianca is pats grandaughter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

:(

. so bianca is pats grandaughter?

yeah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Bobbity

In tears after that, so sad but brilliant acting. Can't wait to see Wicksy ( simon) back, will be glued to it for the next few episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Was a very good episode, have cried me eyes out:(

It officially crap . no more cat fights with peggy and pat or pat and someone else :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

RIP Pat Butcher ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

She played that part wonderfully - probably one of her best ever scenes ironically. She's some actress and can't think of anyone who could ever replace her on Albert Square. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Fantastic stuff again from the BBC.

10/10

Great scene between Pat and Janine, never thought i'd see Janine in
    an emotional scene like that - lets hope the writers build on that and
    make her character a little deeper.

I would love to see another side to Janine. The nastiness is wearing on the ole nerves :P

Kaching wrote: »
    I would love to see another side to Janine. The nastiness is wearing on the ole nerves :P

Do you think she should keep the baby, I don't what that to change her character,

when Roxy character changed after having the baby just don't want the same happen to her!

If dose having the Baby, I think she will call the baby PAT!

I was just saying the same thing about her naming the baby Pat !!

If anything I say she will still be strong because likelihood is he'll rob her money and run once he has her down the aisle.

How did roxy change ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

tonight was great!!! and that extra pr*ck of a branning , hate him !!! id say he will be killed off by pats son !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement