Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harpers Island *merged*

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

I really enjoyed tonights episode, still baffled as to how the reviews of it have been so poor. I thought the end scence was kinda chilling, with Henry smiling into the camera.

I took it to mean that Henry wanted to live alone on the Island with Abby as she had said when they were kids 16 years ago. The only way he could get her back to the Island was to organise the wedding as she had not gone back since her Dad sent her away. I think she may have said that in the early episodes.

To him all the deaths were just collateral damage, to get him what he wanted. He sure was responsible for a lot of killing if you include the Seattle murders.

Did you hear the announce say over the credits how it was the end of the current series?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Yeah, i heard that alright. But does it gaurentee another series? What could they do as a storyline for it?
    It would have alot to live up to as i thought the first series was excellent :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I actually enjoyed most of the series, despite the poor reviews. The scene on the bridge with Cal and Chloe was the best, and so sad, I loved them!

Some episodes were a bit dodgy though, last night in particular. It's like they built the whole series around making everyone else look guilty, but in doing so they made Henry look too innocent, d'ya know? Instead of thinking at the end, "Ahhhh it all makes sense now!", I was more thinking along the lines of "wtf?!" The whole thing last night of him planning to keep her there with him forever was so ridiculous - if he was clever enough to get away with living a double life and committing all those murders, surely he could have seen the obvious flaws in his plan?

Also. A question. Presumably Abby's dad knew that Henry was Wakefield's son and Abby's half brother. Mightn't this have been a useful snippet of information to impart in that death scene of his?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

Just saw the season finale last night, was brilliant!! Kinda sad that its all over now but the twists were fantastic!! I had to rethink over them for a few mins after the show ended cuz everthing happened so fast :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

So Henry was in love with Abbie (his half sister) :eek:

The actor who played Henry played him so well i actually kinda felt sorry for him at the end

I really enjoyed this series and extra glad Jimmy survived - he is so hot :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Also. A question. Presumably Abby's dad knew that Henry was Wakefield's son and Abby's half brother. Mightn't this have been a useful snippet of information to impart in that death scene of his?

I don't think the sheriff knew it was Henry - he knew Wakefield had a child from his wife I think, but not who he/she was.

However, there were other gaping plot holes. Worst of which was waaaay back when J.D, Henry's brother is killed (by Henry as you find out in the end). Abby finds him alive and instead of him crying out "it's Henry FFS!", he tells her some cryptic crap like it's "all about you" :confused:.. That was useful...

There were other points like that too, but it's been ages since I watched it (followed the US airing) and I've forgotten now :).

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Snesfan

I actually enjoyed most of the series, despite the poor reviews. The scene on the bridge with Cal and Chloe was the best, and so sad, I loved them!

Some episodes were a bit dodgy though, last night in particular. It's like they built the whole series around making everyone else look guilty, but in doing so they made Henry look too innocent, d'ya know? Instead of thinking at the end, "Ahhhh it all makes sense now!", I was more thinking along the lines of "wtf?!" The whole thing last night of him planning to keep her there with him forever was so ridiculous - if he was clever enough to get away with living a double life and committing all those murders, surely he could have seen the obvious flaws in his plan?

Ya I agree completely, its only a twist if its plausible otherwise its just lazy, and thats what really got to me a show put together really nicely with just a lazy finale. I feel cheated! and why the hell didn't henrys brother tell abby it was henry that is the killer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Have to agree - thought it was the best scene in the whole thing!

The killing got a bit ridiculous TBH.

I thought the finale was quite poor and perhaps they shouldn't have unveiled Henry in the previous episode. If the killing of Trish had occurred early in the finale it might have really added to it. And she was hot even if she was crying all the time!

I thought that they had to rush the last fifteen minutes - how could he have kept them on the small island without anyone knowing! Surely the Feds combed the island!

As for another series - how could they link it! Sometimes it is better to leave something like that alone. I think shows like Prison Break have suffered from trying to prolong the franchise! Come up with a new show instead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

mandz wrote: »
    Oh I hate that Madison kid...she gives relevant info that people could have done with knowing sooner with this surprise in her voice that people want the information... I'd be grilling her!!

So many times I wanted to smack her!

If there is a second season I wonder what direction it will take?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

This series just got more stupid the longer it went on. I was glad it finally finished, I had invested time in watching it and wasn't willing to give up with three episodes to go, but really....give me a break. The worst thing was the killing, which just became motive-less, killing for killing's sake, and what happened was that you just started to care about a character and they would get offed. So a lot of the human element was wasted, all this time was spent building back stories and getting the audience involved in the people - and some of the characters and stories had a lot of potential - and then they kick the bucket and all that effort is wasted.

Henry's transformation was totally unbelievable, also. I didn't buy it for a second, basically his whole life was a lie, everything he said to anyone, every relationship he ever had with family or friends, he was a secret psycho and yet living this upstanding life. As i said , give me a break. At least it's now over. The only thing I'll miss is a weekly fix of Elaine Cassidy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Snesfan

fisgon wrote: »
    The only thing I'll miss is a weekly fix of Elaine Cassidy.

You can chalk that one down! and of course the beautiful katie cassidy. Did anyone know she was in taken?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1556320/ great movie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Tableman

I liked it.

Sure there were moments where you asked yourself, "How stupid can you be?" when one of the characters did something. And there were moments where you asked yourself "How could so many different characters have such a bad shot?". Very convenient that they always narrowly missed hitting Wakefield. You could also argue that the whole plan was too elaborate to be realistic.

But I liked it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Christoph

Everything was fine till 11th episode. When we see
    Wakefield is alive
    is the beginning. Later, when
    Wakefield changes his strategy and lets other people to see him
    is worse but I have to admit
    scena on the bridge with song Letters from the sky
    is very good, strong and unforgettable. But the option that
    Henry
    is a killer is just stupid. Authors just copied motive from
    Scream 3 - psycho brother and good sister
    . But in the end I'd recommed this show. It is enternainment.

Been watching this over the past 2-3 weeks and only managed to get to episode 4. It's hard to believe that a major network would produce such a bland and terrible show that's little more than an afternoon soap with the addition of a little violence. The characters are one note and could be replace with a smiley face attached to a plank of wood and you'd not notice the difference. We're it not for Jom Beaver and Callum Keith Rennie then I'd give up in the show as its just mind numbingly repetitive and cliched and worst of all it does t generate a single ounce of tension or suspense.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Been watching this over the past 2-3 weeks and only managed to get to episode 4. It's hard to believe that a major network would produce such a bland and terrible show that's little more than an afternoon soap with the addition of a little violence. The characters are one note and could be replace with a smiley face attached to a plank of wood and you'd not notice the difference. We're it not for Jom Beaver and Callum Keith Rennie then I'd give up in the show as its just mind numbingly repetitive and cliched and worst of all it does t generate a single ounce of tension or suspense.

As a once off series it was enjoyable imo better than some of the crap that has got more than one seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That was one hell of a bump! :P

Advertisement