Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harpers Island *merged*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 diaduit73

Fol20 wrote: »
    Ok just finished watching episode 11 and i thought it just made a turn for the worse.I know its a few eps behind on rte so ill say my reason in a
    Twice in this episode,John wakefield stands in front of them with a sword,while they have guns..They then shoot at him and miss..He then just gos up to them and kills them.Before this episode i loved the mystery behind everything and some of the complex killings.Now it just seems like a mindless witch hunt that has lost all of the uniqueness about the story

What do the rest of ye think?

the reason for them
    being bad at shooting
    will be explained in one of the last two episodes.

I love Harper's Island. I watch it at Canadian pace, because I read about it all over the internet before it started airing and I couldn't wait for RTE or one of the sky channels to get it. anyone who watches it at the same pace as myself, for a lot of answers there is one of the producers on twitter who for the last few weeks has been answering tonnes of questions asked by fans of the show, you learn alot about the last two episodes from his posts, what scenes from the previous 11 episodes were important and which have nothing to do with the outcome. also the actors who play henry and jimmy are on twitter aswell. (I don't use twitter but you can still read the posts).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

REMINDER: two part finale tonight (in the am).....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I wonder who'll survive the series?
    My theories (don't read if you're watching on RTÉ),
    -Madison (they're not gonna kill the child)
    -Sully (this is probably more wishful thining on my part - but he's been the most likeable character of the series for me, so I'd like to see him live)
    -Trish (again wishful thinking on my part - I really want to see her live)
    -Abby (really hope this prediction is wrong, because she's the character I've most wanted to see die since episode 1, but she's clearly the primary character in the show)

Who bets it'll be a total crapfest and damp squib?

spoilers don't read if you watch it on rte

CaptainNegative I hope that happens aswell -
    sully been a survivor, he's my favourite but i have a feeling he could be the killer, he is a bit strange, I hope abby doesn't die and yes she is the lead role, but lead role people have died before

according to the producer on twitter the last two episodes will involve -
    a gory death, an emotional death, a sad death, the killer is revealed, the motive is revealed, we found out who managed to survive

so with that I think
    that either the emotional death or the sad death is trish, why can't they kill a child, they are going for shock, that'd be the ultimate shock for the viewers but she's wakefield's "friend" so that more or less guarantees her survival

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I see epidsode 13 is out but I can't seem to find episode 12.

<Mod Snip>

I'll keep looking myself. I don't need help, because its against the charter, and the mods would get cross.

WHAT THE HELL?!?....episode 12 *still* not up?, can't watch ep. 13 without 12!....dammit.

there is a download link for episode 12, doesn't take long to download (it's in windows media format), don't know the rules about putting links on here so to get to it, do the following: (just going to put it in spoiler tags)

<MOD EDIT>

One more link or instructions on how to download episodes on this thread.. and bannings will ensue!

Wow - did not see that coming. I'm not sure whether I'm glad or disappointed about the conclusion. It wrapped up nicely and at the end of the day was a decent enough show after a dodgy start and I disagree with those who say the acting was dodgy - I think quite a few of the actors would do well in other shows - Sully, Cal, Danny and Jimmy I think would make great additions to the world of television.

The ending was SOOOOOOO predictable!....i knew by ep. 12 that
    henry
    was the killer!
    It was utter tripe, thing is right....IF they had ended the series with yer wan
    trapped in the basement
    forver THAT would have been a good ending.

I thought it was rubbish, total twonk....it would have been more creepy and twisted if it had ended in how i described. There was no mystery or suspence at all, predictable and boring.

• Advertisement

Richard,
    henry
    was revealed as the killer in episode 12, so I'm afraid you've got no psychic abilities at all there, you simply saw it being revealed and knew... I'd be worried if you hadn't picked up on it.

You misunderstood, i knew BEFORE said person was revealed as the killer that said person would be such, i knew at the start of the episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

So is it worth watching?? Have caught little glimpses of it and it looks terrible! So clichéd and corny and the acting looks awful.

You misunderstood, i knew BEFORE said person was revealed as the killer that said person would be such, i knew at the start of the episode.

I know - was only trying to be funny about it - EPIC FAIL! :D
    I also knew at the start of the episode, but it was still enjoyable.

So is it worth watching?? Have caught little glimpses of it and it looks terrible! So clichéd and corny and the acting looks awful.

Yeah it's decent enough. It's not award winning stuff or anything, but it's decent bubblegum tv.

It's alright, but only if there is nothing else on.

It's alright, but only if there is nothing else on.

I wouldn't go that far - there's plenty of crap out there, that's much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

No its actually really good, didnt have much interest in it at the start of the series but once I watch one epiosode fully I was hooked! Its like a thriller/horror imo, very jumpy at times but very addictive!
    Is there a second series does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

yeah, it's not a classic, it's like a cheesy horror movie in the series format. It wont win any awards but it's better than a lot of the crap that RTE put on. Just sit back, turn off the brain, enjoy a bit of excitement..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Any guesses who is committing the murders? I reckon that it is actually Wakefield but if not, I would guess that it is the fella who likes Abbey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

I really enjoy this show, it reminds of lost but this is alot easier to follow, the murders get more gruesome as the weeks go by, I dont see however how they can stretch it out with more series maybe they might do like "6 years ago" series:rolleyes: just a pity all the actresses look like they have come off the catwalk:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Dr Sinnott

It's fairly harmless fun. The Irish one in it is the only one who seems to be able to act. The bride and groom are particularly bad.

Dr Sinnott wrote: »
    It's fairly harmless fun. The Irish one in it is the only one who seems to be able to act. The bride and groom are particularly bad.

Irish one?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭hayser

Irish one?

Abby Mills in Harper's Island is played by Elaine Cassidy who is Irish. Her accent is actually pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Tableman

How many episodes left on RTE now? I have watched the last few. Its watachable, certainly strange how it took them so long to realise that people were being killed every week. Did they ever fond out about the girl who was burnt?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

Am I the only one completly hooked on this series??? :D

Last nights episode literally had me at the edge of my seat!! Usually you know when the suspense starts and the music picks up that someone is going to die but last night they waited until nearly the end of episode until another body was found! And all that creeping around underground just really freaked me out!
    I dont know what to make of the twist of Wakefield being Abbeys father tho , and he 'dad' being the one that took the young girl!! Oh the confusion :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i love it!!! yeah what is with Wakefeild being her dad or the possibility of it!! i really want to know who it is!! i dont like child in it she is creepy out!!! i would be shocked if it turned out to be abby or something :eek: my money is on wakefeild though !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Tableman

I actually thought it was Abbey (Like a plit personaliy thing) until the last episode where everybody began to suspect her. Now, I have no idea. Like, How the hell did
    your one get killed on the couch?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

I am really enjoying this show, look forward to it every week. It's disappointing that it is getting such mixed reviews (at best).

The body count is getting quite high at this stage, the Island will be empty come the end of the show. I think it is a bit to obvious for there to be just one killer.

How many more episodes are there? Was last night ep 9 in a run of 13?Hopefully this will lead to more work for Elaine Cassidy in the US, she is a very talented actress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Caprica wrote: »
    How many more episodes are there?

There are 13 total, not sure what episode RTE is on though, I'd need a description of what was in the last one...

The original goal was for them to produce other "seasons" with a different cast/plot, etc but use the idea of a "mini series" with a definitive end to it each season, as opposed to most US shows that go on for as long as the ratings are there (and then get canceled when the ratings drop with no real ending in place) - unfortunately, AFAIK "Harpers Island" did pretty badly in the US overall and it's unlikely the network will try a similar idea any time soon...

Advertisement