Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harpers Island *merged*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

It's dreadful!...i watched episode 8 a few days ago....dire. No suspence or drama, i just watched it 'cause i wanna finish it out and see who gets the chop next. Even the murders are crap...i doubt there'll be any shockers as to who is the killer at the end.

I personally don't recomend the show to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It's summer time. Reruns and rubbish. One would hope they didn't actually pay anything for it. I guess Elaine Cassidy is the selling point.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

is_that_so wrote: »
    It's summer time. Reruns and rubbish. One would hope they didn't actually pay anything for it. I guess Elaine Cassidy is the selling point.

Katie Cassidy is hot...
    Elaine Cassidy not so much - unless I've got them mixed up.
    What has Elaine Cassidy done to make her such a selling point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Has all this season aired in the US? If so is the killer obvious?

It starts tonight at 10.20pm on RTE 2 after Grey's Anatomy

• Registered Users Posts: 55,472 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Up to episode 8 (out of 13) in the States, and most people wish the killer was CBS - the show is terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

It looked awful cack on the trailers, it reminded me of a sh'it book I read years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I watched it last night and didn't think it was too bad, tbh. Maybe it's because I'm a fan of Twin Peaks and this reminds me of better times. I kind of like the over the top american soap acting and it's so cliché ridden that it makes it kind of fun guessing which cliché will be next. The only downside I've seen so far are the stupid murders.
    The first one was a little overly elaborate, so I hope they try and explain why so much effort was put into it. And Harry Hamlin's deathwas a bit too odd. I mean, how lucky was the killer that Hamlin stepped on the broken part oft he bridge? And for a man being hacked in half, he seemed remarkable calm.

I'll keep watching it, only because there's feck all else on on a Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

http://www.tv.com/harpers-island/show/75276/summary.html

that's the shows details on tv.com, doesnt get great scores. I checked this when I first saw the promos, which I thought were good. But after reading the scores it got I didnt bother watching :(

The killer isn't obvious so far in the States, although it's ultimately gonna be a stupid ending no matter what happen if you ask me. That latest episode in the US was actually a bit more entertaining than the first few, so if they keep that up until the end of the season, it should be decent enough for the last few episodes.
    Katie Cassidy
    is reason enough for me to keep watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Never thought i'd say this...but the very latest ep. 11 was pretty good!...
    Wakefield went all Jason on like four people!

dude has some balls, liked that set piece on the bridge and yer wan "you cant have me" and jumps to her death!....twas most pleasing :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Appreciate the spoilers there, thanks

Glad I waited until I watched the episode to read this Richard. Way to ruin the show on the RTÉ viewers...
    It was a good episode though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,813 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Richard..

Please use spoiler tags in future unless the thread title specifically states there's spoilers within.

Apologies to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Been watching this show and have to say I'm really enjoy it...
    I think the blonde one who is married to the english bloke has something to do with it all:eek:

Hehe....god bless you, poor lamb.
    But then again i like The Hills, so..........

:-)

Crap!....episode 12 wasn't broadcast last night in Canada, weeks break....BUT, the US broadcast should be due Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,813 ✭✭✭✭Basq

But from what i saw...it's not that great, the murders are not scary or surprising....
    Episode 5....dire, boring except for a very very end scene. I have been watching but the show has totally NOT lived up to any hype it may have had. It's badly written and acted, it's very much like a daytime soap opera with hints of trying to be Saw....as in traps,pits and other such nonsense.

All the characters are unlikable, they are dull and uninteresting
    It's dreadful!...i watched episode 8 a few days ago....dire. No suspence or drama, i just watched it 'cause i wanna finish it out and see who gets the chop next. Even the murders are crap...i doubt there'll be any shockers as to who is the killer at the end.

I personally don't recomend the show to anyone.

To..
    Crap!....episode 12 wasn't broadcast last night in Canada, weeks break....BUT, the US broadcast should be due Saturday night.
    Why are you still watching?! :confused:

basquille wrote: »
    To..

Why are you still watching?! :confused:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60477819&postcount=32

"i just watched it 'cause i wanna finish it out and see who gets the chop next."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I was wondering why it wasn't up yet. What time in Irish time is it on at in the US ?

^ it can arrive at various times, between 2-5am normally, so Sunday in the am. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

I thought that Harpers Island wasnt on this week and that next week is the 2 hour finale.

cian1500ww wrote: »
    I was wondering why it wasn't up yet. What time in Irish time is it on at in the US ?

It's broadcast 10pm EST in the US, we are five hours ahead.

gazzer wrote: »
    I thought that Harpers Island wasnt on this week and that next week is the 2 hour finale.

:eek: you're right!

http://www.cbs.com/forum/posts/list/57980.page

Didn't know they were doing it like this, so next Thursday the Canadian broadcast on Global HD will Ep. 12 and 13 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

So would I be correct in saying that episode 12&13 will be on next week ? So no Harpers Island this week ?? :(

T'would appear that way.

Probably best the air the last two back to back - there's only characters I like left and some of them need to die yet, so it'll be nice to be put out of misery in one go rather than waiting another week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Ok just finished watching episode 11 and i thought it just made a turn for the worse.I know its a few eps behind on rte so ill say my reason in a
    Twice in this episode,John wakefield stands in front of them with a sword,while they have guns..They then shoot at him and miss..He then just gos up to them and kills them.Before this episode i loved the mystery behind everything and some of the complex killings.Now it just seems like a mindless witch hunt that has lost all of the uniqueness about the story

What do the rest of ye think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,472 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Harpers threads merged....

Advertisement