Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harpers Island *merged*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Love this show! Missed last nights programme so ill have to watch the replay of it during the week.
    maddison is some freaky little girl..
    Would the series come out on dvd?
    I read in a magazine that elaine cassidy is pregnant in real life so she doesnt think she'll be coming back for a second series. So there probably is a second series which carries on from this one since she was asked back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Would the series come out on dvd?

The Region 1 DVD is going to be released on the 8th of September:

http://www.amazon.com/Harpers-Island-DVD-Elaine-Cassidy/dp/B001G0MFE2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1250058694&sr=8-1

No info on a Region 2 release though...
    I read in a magazine that elaine cassidy is pregnant in real life so she doesnt think she'll be coming back for a second series. So there probably is a second series which carries on from this one since she was asked back.

Actors very frequently say things like that in magazines, Facebook, Twitter, whatever... until CBS executives say it's coming back, it isn't. And most of this year's fall line up has already been announced, with no trace of anything like a second season...

Anyone else shocked that Jimmy is an accomplice?
    I had my suspicions that he was imitating Wakefield earlier in the series but then when Wakefield actually showed up, I just forgot about him.
    Now, he's gonna try and kill Trish :eek:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I had my suspicions that he was imitating Wakefield earlier in the series but then when Wakefield actually showed up, I just forgot about him.

Keep watching :D

I must admit the actors playing Sully and Jimmy are hot!

JP Liz wrote: »
    Keep watching :D

I must admit the actors playing Sully and Jimmy are hot!

OMG is there a twist? :eek:
    Nah!!..Now Henry is something alright :D:p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I actually thought he was committing the murders a few episodes back. It will probably turn out that he is Wakefields son. I'm getting sick of this show. It's getting a bit boring and very predictable.

And is abbie wakefields child or what?
    Coz the sheriff said that abbie was his own daughter and she now beleives him but then that freaky girl maddison keeps going on about how this whole thing is about abbie??
    This is confusing..!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Dman001 wrote: »
    I actually thought he was committing the murders a few episodes back. It will probably turn out that he is Wakefields son. I'm getting sick of this show. It's getting a bit boring and very predictable.

If you think the first half of your post is true, then
    this show isn't predictable at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Having seen the whole season of Harpers Island last month I love coming on here and reading eveybodys different theories as to what is going to happen. I think the show is brilliant. Its a shame it didnt do so well in the ratings in the states.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Dr Sinnott

It doesn’t make sense for it to be Jimmy but it does make sense for the sheriff to have a file on him. He was going out with his daughter so he did a bit of checking up on him and didn’t like what he found which was why he didn’t want her going out with him back then. In the meantime though they obviously made peace as he was seen getting on well with him and his dying words were to Abby for herself and Jimmy to have a life together. Why would he do that if he suspected him of working with Wakefield?

The bit in the car at the end with the gun didn’t prove anything. If you were in a car with someone holding a gun and the fell asleep wouldn’t the natural thing be to take it off them? Think they put that in there to throw people.

My money is still on Henry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I too think it may be Henry as he would have responsible for wanting the wedding on the island

Yea i had my suspicions of henry as well. But then himself and abbie are best friends and why would he allow all his friends and family to die??
    Its prob gonna be someone totally unexpected now. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

I for one was not expecting Henry!! Very good episode last night though! :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Oh I hate that Madison kid...she gives relevant info that people could have done with knowing sooner with this surprise in her voice that people want the information... I'd be grilling her!!

Okay... if Henry grew up with Abbie on the island how come she didn't know Wakefield was his dad?? Granted I got into this show late but I think its still a valid question:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

He didn't know himself until his teens and kept it a secret. He was raised by another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

RTE should have shown the finale last night instead of next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

JP Liz wrote: »
    RTE should have shown the finale last night instead of next week

aw no, is there only one episode left? :(

Why did henry kill trish? They were getting married ffs?? Did he just want to marry her to get onto the island or something?

could Henry be Abbie's brother?!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭hayser

Yes Abby and Henry are half brother and sister. Same mother, different, fathers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

omg such a good episode last night wasnt expecting henry to be evil :eek: cant wait for next week :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

I'm glad it wasn't Jimmy. Hopefully they kill the child Madison before the end, what an annoying little girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

Great episode last night. Was surprised Henry is Wakefields son, shocked that he killed Trish but at least she got to wear her wedding dress.

Looking forward to next week, wonder why has Henry and Wakefield taken it out on all the wedding guests?

Hopefully they kill the child Madison before the end, what an annoying little girl!

Wonder is she in on it too??? she seems to have info that she isn't telling until its too late. She'll probably just remember hearing Henry's voice or something - you know more information they could have done with ages before she told them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

For those who missed out on Harper's Island, BBC 3 and BBC HD will be showing from September 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭ben bedlam

In the final episode it will be revealed that Harper's Island is the island from LOST.

I'm glad it wasn't Jimmy. Hopefully they kill the child Madison before the end, what an annoying little girl!

agreed! Shes an oddball alright.. Was hoping that they wouldnt find her when she was kidnapped and that she would be chopped up in the vents somewhere like the others... :rolleyes: ah sure, doesnt seem like she'll be killed off since shes a little girl like..

Went to see The Proposal last night and my boyfriend spotted that the island in the flick is the same island Harper's Island was filmed!! Had the same bar and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Snesfan

So disappointed with the finale to harpers island, Henry was living an act to get abbey back to the island for how many years? why kidnapping wasn't an option from the start baffles me, fake a car trip that ends in disaster would have been an easy way with out all the blood shed.

The sudden change of character was just a little bit too extreme and implausible for my liking. Loved the style of the show initially but that finale tainted it.

Anyone else feel the same?

• Advertisement

Jaysus, who knew henry was sucha physcopath?! Flippin' looney!!! :eek:

I found the finale very exciting actually. Was abit exaggerated at the end but very thrilling.
    Shed a tear when abbie killed henry, i must admit.

Advertisement