Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX 360 120GB

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

They had none left on Grafton St as of 10:10 this morning. The gal behind the counter had a good look for them and checked with her colleagues, no joy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Swords is also now sold out, they only got 3 delivered yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Gonna try Dundrum this evening on my way home... Though driving there with my fingers crossed may prove difficult... :p

^ Jackpot.

Went in yesterday evening to HMV in Dundrum. There were none on display, so I asked one of the guys working there. He checked the cupboards behind the till, then checked the system. They were showing as 38.99 on the system, and as in stock, so he went out back and grabbed me one. :D

He said he didn't know about that deal coming up, but apparently they weren't meant to be that price till today, but sold it to me no problem, as well as saying he must get one himself, and asked about transferring over the information from the old HDD, which I was only to happy to help him out with as he'd been really helpful and cool about it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Was in Blanch there and they have none left. The guy behind the counter said a guy bought a load of them yesterday.
    Anyhoo...he said they hope to have more in 2 weeks, so worth keeping an eye on..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Was in Blanch there and they have none left. The guy behind the counter said a guy bought a load of them yesterday.
    Anyhoo...he said they hope to have more in 2 weeks, so worth keeping an eye on..

Thanks, was about to go there this afternoon.
    You just saved me time and money:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭speedfreak

Cheers OP! Picked one up in Whitewater Newbridge. There's 6 others on the shelf as of this lunchtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

None in Liffey Valley :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Got the absolute last one in HMV Galway, pleaded with the guy for another one saying it was for my brother not Ebay but he swore that was the absolute last one they had in the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

the square have none left either

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mancduff

Thanks OP, just got one at hmv dundrum there was 2 more on the shelf after mine so hurry hurry hurry.

(Damn should of got another one for ebay and made my money back, DOHHHHHH)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Does anyone know why this might not work on my machine? The transfer disk keeps telling me to attach the original drive even though it already is attached. Its a 60gb 360, is that a problem?

Yes. You need to get in touch with M$ tech support and get them to send you out a 60gig software disk as they only work with 120 and 20 gig drives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭jesterhead

Phoned HMV Galway this morning and the guy was kind enough to put one aside for me till my lunch, I'm very appreciative! There was 4 or 5 left then, no surprise they've sold out.

Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Yes. You need to get in touch with M$ tech support and get them to send you out a 60gig software disk as they only work with 120 and 20 gig drives.

Cheers I was on to them, nice they were too. When I told her what was happening she seemed pretty sure it was the transfer cable not the software disk and she is sending me out a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Cheers op. just got 1 in newbridge at 6 o clock, there was 2 left on the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Cheers I was on to them, nice they were too. When I told her what was happening she seemed pretty sure it was the transfer cable not the software disk and she is sending me out a new one.

Make sure you refer to them as m$ now too :P

Got mine in Dundrum this morning. Ta OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Ended up getting one yesterday afternoon in the Galway branch, they got a few in the delivery yesterday. Cheers OP. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Any in either of the stores in limerick? im going in tomorow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Same as myself, heading there first thing in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

Try the store on Cruises Street, got one there yesterday and they had a few left, ask upstairs as they had them taken off the shelf and put away in the storeroom.

The store in the Cresent had just one for €129.99, they were sold out of the €38.99 ones, didn't know when they would be getting them back in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Tried grafton and henry street today. Unsurprisingly they had none :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

They are using the same barcode so the one priced 129.99€ will scan for 38.99€
    rliston wrote: »
    Try the store on Cruises Street, got one there yesterday and they had a few left, ask upstairs as they had them taken off the shelf and put away in the storeroom.

The store in the Cresent had just one for €129.99, they were sold out of the €38.99 ones, didn't know when they would be getting them back in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

none left in Dundrum :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

got one in Cork today, thanks to the OP :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭jesterhead

Anyone else had any trouble since buying this? Took me 4 attempts at copying everything to the new drive, it just kept freezing. Now Sometimes my console just won't start, or glitches and freezes mid game. Never happened before I got the new drive so I'm assuming this is the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Anyone know if there's any in Blanchardstown? Might take a spin up now...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Keith186 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's any in Blanchardstown? Might take a spin up now...

They're all sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭rdb666

Was on a training course in dundalk yesterday and popped into HMV in the Marshes shopping centre, and they had fours of these, was tempted to pick up all of them, but resisted.
    Was still 3 left when I was leaving!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Call dundrum, tallaght, liffey valley and blanch
    all gone.
    good to say it was a once off lads! but bloody great price!

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Wow... i'm sorry I missed this offer. What a great price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The one I sold on Ebay is going to pay for itself and the one I put on my 360 :D

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=330318284907

Thanks a million OP.

Advertisement