Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX 360 120GB

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Ahh I miss working in town..

If anyone is going hunting for one and happens to spy two, if they wanted to grab one for me, i'd appreciate it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

As I said, I left 2 behind in Grafton Street at lunch time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

ondafly wrote: »
    got the last one in HMV blanch.

You certain it was the last one? I bought one there at 12.45 and there were 4 on display on the shop floor when I was leaving - 3 priced at €39 and one with the old price still on it.

I know that's not necessarily an accurate indication of stock levels but thought they might remove the display cases as people bought the hard drives.

Thank you docdolittle - I installed 2 games to my 20gb drive and had no room left for much else. Now I can 'level up' my console. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Jip wrote: »

Unlikely I could get in until 6 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

I was told in Grafton St just now that these were put out by mistake and the sale starts tomorrow. Doesn't make much sense as all the branches seem to have made the same mistake but there you go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

I was told in Grafton St just now that these were put out by mistake and the sale starts tomorrow. Doesn't make much sense as all the branches seem to have made the same mistake but there you go.
    so that means that they should be getting more in for the 'proper' sale

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭fearcruach

Was just in Grafton St. Said the same thing - that it was a mistake and they are going out tomorrow.

He said they had about 15 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

fearcruach wrote: »
    Was just in Grafton St. Said the same thing - that it was a mistake and they are going out tomorrow.

He said they had about 15 or so.

thanks for sorting that out for me. hopefully theres still some by the weekend

on a side note, how much would gamestop give ya for a 60 gb hard drive if ya were to trade it in for cash/store credit

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Damnit, sorry I missed this, will check tomorrow early though incase :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Yea, the sticker on the bottom of it say's that was the normal price :P It's why I grabbed it straight away, it was sexy ;) :P

I rang them yesterday and they told me that they were €129.99. Cnuts.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭ondafly

Fnz wrote: »
    You certain it was the last one? I bought one there at 12.45 and there were 4 on display on the shop floor when I was leaving - 3 priced at €39 and one with the old price still on it.

:p 100% sure - I bought the last one, my friend who was with me bought 2. I bought the one with the proper price tag on it, went up first, puzzled eyes from the cashier, I explained they were on sale, he said some are ! but sold it at the correct price, after he used one of the other 2 boxes to scan in the bar code :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Jip wrote: »

Really ?
    The guy told me there were none there at 10.15 am. He was genuinely amazed at the price when I told him. Maybe they had taken the 120gb off the shelves to re-price them. Did you find them on shelves or did you ask ? How do you know they had that many ?
    My legs are still burning after I legged it down to Henry St !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Jus picked one up in grafton st, cheers op. Think i heard the guy saying there was 10 left out the back... and they are not on the shelf, you have ask at the counter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

Put the 60gb harddrive on adverts,you would get very little on trade in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

just picked up 2 of the last 5. Asked the girl at the till and the first thing she said was "did you hear bout it on the internet..."

Had to sweet talk her into givng me 2 since there not offically on sale till Thur.
    Dave6195 wrote: »
    Jus picked one up in grafton st, cheers op. Think i heard the guy saying there was 10 left out the back... and they are not on the shelf, you have ask at the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Gonna try Dundrum this evening on my way home... Though driving there with my fingers crossed may prove difficult... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Anyone know if they have got any in Limerick?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

none in Cork :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Fnz wrote: »

I got mine in Blanch at 11:50 today and the guy at the counter did not even know they were going for that price and he was saying he should grab one for his mate. I wonder if the staff grabed a load as there was about 6 there at the time I was in, just ahead of you Fnz.

Oh and just on a side note the transfer cable did not work with my 60 gig drive it kept asking me to insert my 20 gig drive. So I just used a memory card to transfer profile and save games.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

That's bullcrap, I went to Henry St about 4 and they said they were sold out. I asked if they'd be gettin more in and after having a little conference with 2 other staff members at the computer they said they had none. I asked if they'd be gettin more in and all I get is a hurried yeah but we can't hold one so you'll just have to come in :mad: yeah thanks you're very helpful. By what people are saying there was still some in Grafton but naturally when I asked I was told they were sold out everywhere. So now I have to predict when they will get them in and find the time to get into town

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

None in Blanch at 8.40 tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

The cost price in the HMV system is show as 13.99 so that why they are going so cheap.

The Sale starts tomorrow { Thursdays }, there is two different codes on the POS system {while polls only |every 24hrs } so that way when you get a store to check the stock levels in other stores they are showing none.

Got one today at around 6 on Grafton St. Thanks again to the OP, great deal. Henry St said they had none but expected more in soon. Looks like a massive sale starting today by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I got the last one in Grafton St today. I tried to buy 2, but was told there was a limit to 1 per customer, and that I was buying the last one anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Thanks for all the.... thanks... everyone :P

Now I'm starting to wonder, if I didn't post this... could I of bought loads of them and sold them off for double the price :rolleyes: :p

Does anyone know why this might not work on my machine? The transfer disk keeps telling me to attach the original drive even though it already is attached. Its a 60gb 360, is that a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

great so if I had've only made the trip to Grafton I probably would've got one :rolleyes: typical of my luck. better have them in next Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I got mine in Blanch at 11:50 today and the guy at the counter did not even know they were going for that price and he was saying he should grab one for his mate. I wonder if the staff grabed a load as there was about 6 there at the time I was in, just ahead of you Fnz.
    Well, there 4 remaining when I left, having bought one. Ondafly (and friend) bought 3 of them. That doesn't leave many to be grabbed by staff.
    Oh and just on a side note the transfer cable did not work with my 60 gig drive it kept asking me to insert my 20 gig drive. So I just used a memory card to transfer profile and save games.
    Does anyone know why this might not work on my machine? The transfer disk keeps telling me to attach the original drive even though it already is attached. Its a 60gb 360, is that a problem?

Found this: http://www.avforums.com/forums/xbox-360/965631-transfer-60gb-120gb.html :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

claiva wrote: »
    Did you find them on shelves or did you ask ? How do you know they had that many ?

There were 3 out on the floor with the accessories anyway when I was there, from reading this it looks like people got some afterwards to they probably had more out back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Alarums

I got one at 6.30pm yesterday in Grafton street. The bloke behind the counter said he couldn't sell me one because they were not going on sale until Thursday, I told him I was speaking to someone on the phone who said I could buy it on Wednesday and he brought it out for me then. Thanks OP, great find.

Advertisement