Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX 360 120GB

Options
  • 24-03-2009 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭

HMV are having a sale at the mo, €38.99 for the 120gb 360 drive with the transfer cable. (not too sure about the others, but this was in Liffey valley)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Wow, gotta get me one of these. Have €12 sitting on an old HMV voucher too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Can ye just stick these in where the 20gig is on the normal xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

RasTa wrote: »
    Can ye just stick these in where the 20gig is on the normal xbox?

Yes, but you might have to trasfer your stuff over first with the trasfer cable they give you, it's really easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

€129.99 in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Can anybody confirm if Grafton, Henry or Sword brand have then for this price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

im lost - this is just for a drive for the xbox right ? not the xbox itself
    (xbox noob)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

samhail wrote: »
    im lost - this is just for a drive for the xbox right ? not the xbox itself
    (xbox noob)

Just a drive for the Xbox360...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Yes, but you might have to trasfer your stuff over first with the trasfer cable they give you, it's really easy.

Cool so it will keep all my account stuff and download, I just need to transfer the stuff from one drive to the other?

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    Cool so it will keep all my account stuff and download, I just need to transfer the stuff from one drive to the other?

Yup, I pretty much had my 20gb one full, it took about 40 mins to transfer over though, works perfect now too, just loaded COD4 on it :D All you account avatar saves, everything it keeps :D

jenno86 wrote: »
    €129.99 in Galway.

Yea, the sticker on the bottom of it say's that was the normal price :P It's why I grabbed it straight away, it was sexy ;) :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

They've a good deal on HMV.com at the moment with the
    60gig HD , 3 Months Live membership , Headset and network cable for 70 delivered.

They've a good deal on HMV.com at the moment with the
    60gig HD , 3 Months Live membership , Headset and network cable for 70 delivered.

Link for this deal: http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=903510

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

I bought one in Henry street tonight and the rest were on hold for the staff,also got Need for Speed Prostreet for €7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Yea, the sticker on the bottom of it say's that was the normal price :P It's why I grabbed it straight away, it was sexy ;) :P

So as to not ruling out the possibility of this being available in Galway,must ask them tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I bought one in Henry street tonight and the rest were on hold for the staff,also got Need for Speed Prostreet for €7.

That's predictable :mad: gotta get one of these, anybody know if they have any in Grafton as will probably be goin town this afternoon (Wednesday)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

Perks of the job I suppose just get in to any HMV before 10am tomorow and hope for the best.

I didn't think this many people would want one... :P Suppose €90 off is a good offer :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

There are none in grafton street, the till op was amazed at the price when I asked if he had any, he didn't know about the deal. He rang Henry street for me and the guy there told him they had a few but all were being held for staff. I went down anyway on the off chance and the guy in Henry street gave me the one that was being held for him !!!!!
    I couldn't believe it !!!!
    Fair play to him. Great to see there are still a few sound people left in the country !!!!
    Amazing bargain....thanks for the heads up !!!!!
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Sold out in Liffey Valley, just checked

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Is it just the HDD or what?, a complete XBOX360....for how much???

• Advertisement

OUTRAGE!!!!!!....held for staff???????....so they can flog them on Ebay for full whack??????

Time to call in the consumer people!!!!!!

Is it just the HDD or what?, a complete XBOX360....for how much???

It's just the HDD 120gb for €38.99

^ damn!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Dagnamit looks like I missed out on this one. Anyone know the next best place to get a 120gb?

Dagnamit looks like I missed out on this one. Anyone know the next best place to get a 120gb?

Probably here http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.21431, but it's second hand. Failing that, just look for a deal or ebay :p

Edit: actually, it say's thats a fake one :( dam DE!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,017 ✭✭✭✭event

to transfer data, do you need a second 360 or how does that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

event wrote: »
    to transfer data, do you need a second 360 or how does that work?

nope, they give you a transfer cable with the Hard drive. I think you just hook the HD to the cable and into the xbox and way you go..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

claiva wrote: »
    There are none in grafton street

Was just in Grafton Street at lunch and there was 3 left, grabbed myself one and now there's 2. Nice one OP, deal made all the sweeter as I had a HMV gift card with a bit of credit left burning a hole in my wallet so it only cost me €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

claiva wrote: »
    There are none in grafton street, the till op was amazed at the price when I asked if he had any, he didn't know about the deal. He rang Henry street for me and the guy there told him they had a few but all were being held for staff. I went down anyway on the off chance and the guy in Henry street gave me the one that was being held for him !!!!!
    I couldn't believe it !!!!
    Fair play to him. Great to see there are still a few sound people left in the country !!!!
    Amazing bargain....thanks for the heads up !!!!!
    :D:D:D

RESULT :D

Called down to henry st at 12.45 after reading Grafton st was sold out and there were none on the shopfloor so I queued up and spied at least two behind the counter. Staff member told me they were sold out and when I enquired about the ones I could see he said they were held for staff. I asked for the manager and she came over, messed about on the computer and went upstairs and after waiting 5 mins the guy behind the counter just scanned it and asked for payment. I felt a little bit bad but maybe they should have put it out of eye sight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭ondafly

got the last one in HMV blanch.

Many thanks to the OP

Advertisement