Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tag rugby

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Enniscrone beach tag: how many girls on the beach at all times?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Shelflife wrote: »
    3. like all IRFU tag games apart from all mens games

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭dave13

ormond lad wrote: »

But its 5 a side so only two guys on the pitch at one time?

ormond lad wrote: »
    dave13 wrote: »
    But its 5 a side so only two guys on the pitch at one time?
    checked it out with someone who refs the tag. 2 girls must be on pitch at all times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Two minimum. Any other queries, drop an email to tag@irishrugby.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dandadub

Hey all. Newbie here. Always been into soccer and gaa but really getting into rugby the last few years and interested in giving tag rugby. Anybody got the best idea or tips for someone who hasnt actually thrown a rugby ball to getting practice and getting into a team? Id appreciate any response thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭potsy11

Hi guys

For the second year running, Suttonians RFC (opposite Sutton DART Station) will host the Championship when 70 teams from all over Ireland descend upon the club and compete for the IRFU Tag national titles in their respective grades.

date: Sat 13th August

All Teams who qualify will be notified in due course (within the next 14 days).

** This year we are also holding an Open Grade competition. Teams of ANY grade and from anywhere may enter this particular league.

Full details can be found here http://www.irishrugby.ie/tagrugby/news/23342.php

Looking forward to seeing you all there. It was a great atmosphere last year with live bands, DJ and BBQ (outdoor covered seating). This year will be the same with live coverage of France v Ireland in the pre-Rugby World Cup game being played in Bordeaux that night.

Lots of spot prizes too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Looking forward to the day out at Suttonians. Was there last year and it was good fun. Well organised I have to say!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

dandadub wrote: »
    Hey all. Newbie here. Always been into soccer and gaa but really getting into rugby the last few years and interested in giving tag rugby. Anybody got the best idea or tips for someone who hasnt actually thrown a rugby ball to getting practice and getting into a team? Id appreciate any response thanks lads

Hi dandadub,

I'd say the best thing to start with is go to http://www.tagrugby.ie/ and find a team/event near you. You can register yourself as a player looking for a team, and teams can contact you that way.

All you need to start is on the site, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

hey , we have a team for beach tag in Dingle on the 20th August, we are short a few girl players, If anyone is Interested pm me. Should be a good day and night :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 cheese please

Hey folks....

looking for some extra players girls/guys for coolmine league starting on wednesday?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 niallers

Hi all,
    I am looking for women to join my tag rubgy team in Corithinians in Galway this summer 2012 asap.My email address is nialldempsey03@yahoo.com thanks.bye

• Registered Users Posts: 19 niallers

Hi my name is Niall Dempsey and I am looking to join spring league tag rubgy team in Dangan this year.I have played tag rubgy before out in Corithineans.thanks.bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 David_Bassett

If you are looking to play this year we need girls on our team, we play on thursday in Castleknock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 tagfan

Tag Mercenary Available

I can't play with my usual team any more and I can't really commit to a team for the summer but I'd like to play the odd game all the same.

If you are short a player, even with little notice I could fill in for you anywhere in South Dublin. I play club rugby on the wing so usually good for a score or two in a tag game.

Just send me a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭jets

looking for one bloke and two girls for our tag team in terenure if anyones interested.

games are wednesdays between 19.00-22.00

team needs to register by 12 tomorrow so theres a bit of a rush on it, we had some players dropped out at last minute

Pm me if interested :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Hey Jets, presume its too late.

Anyway looking to play any night tag rugby. Male or mixed league.
    Ex Rugby player and veteran of tag player available. Preferably Dublin south as living in Ranelagh.

I survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem. If no one else can help, and if you can find me, maybe you can hire, Rattlehead :rolleyes: PM ME

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭butters.scotch

Hi folks,

They'res a Tag Subs group page on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/116777785122820/

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Anyone know of any tag groups/temas etc. I might be able contact in the Dundalk/Newry area (live in Newry, work in Dundalk) used to play when I lived in Dublin but doesn't seem to be anything up this way at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Anybody know where I can find tag rugby drills for training a team? I suppose I could even use rugby drills and adapt them but I'm not sure where to look. I'm playing with a team who haven't played before so I want to teach them the rules and also get them used to tagging, passing etc. with a few training exercises. Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

The official itra website has some basic drills, the most interesting one is actually the very last one called "the drive", its something you may not have thought of.

Firstly I'd advise working on the passing and catching, especially if the girls are new to rugby, you need them to score, if they can't catch you'll lose every match. The move onto tagging. For tagging there are a couple of options, one is to place a tagger between two cones about 5 yards apart, and just do one on ones. Have a the attacking player start running from 15 yards in front, have a scrum half pop the ball up to them and see if they can get through. It helps both tagger and attacker, and its particularly good for developing spinning (which is very effective in itra tag).

The other is to just run two v ones all day. Get people to hold the ball with two hands, but most importantly get people to tag with two hands. Simply put it can be almost impossible to grab a tag, its much quicker to try and "clap" it, also if you spread your fingers you can pretty much triple your catchment area. You wouldn't teach cricketers to catch with one hand, so why tag with one?

Remember most tag rugby uses size 4 balls, so try and get yourself some of them for training.

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Newaglish wrote: »
    Anybody know where I can find tag rugby drills for training a team? I suppose I could even use rugby drills and adapt them but I'm not sure where to look. I'm playing with a team who haven't played before so I want to teach them the rules and also get them used to tagging, passing etc. with a few training exercises. Any ideas?

IRFU website will, early next week, have a series of videos hosted by Les Kiss covering different areas of tag.
    Will be up on IRFU YouTube page. Already an overview clip there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BDR

http://www.facebook.com/events/411295388888774/

There's a charity tag event coming up at the end of May if anyone would be interested in getting their team to attend.

Some of you might have been there last year it was a great day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 claybeard

Hey Folk,

We have ended up a bit short for players for our team and I am looking for both men and women to play.

Ideally, 3-4 men and women would be needed.

The league starts of the 23rd May and runs for 6 weeks every Wednesday in Terenure.

Some rugby experience would be good to have but sport minded people would be welcome and also people who want to give tag a try out.

We will be training on Thursday in Bushy Park if people are around.

Thanks,
    Niall

There is a 1 day tag festival on in Nenagh july 21st. dont have any more details at the moment. will post as soon as i hear more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi Guys

Not sure if anybody knows about this festival happening on 15th & 16th June 2012 in Carlow Rugby Club.

http://www.playtagfestival.com/
    The Tag Festival will take place on the Saturday, between 10am and 9:30pm. It will consist of 256 teams - 4 divisions of 64 teams. Each team will play between 3 and 6 games of 16 - 18 minutes.
    There will be between 12 and 15 players per team. This will provide between 2880 and 3810 registered players, we are estimating that there will be approximately 3000 players in attendance to break the Guinness World Record of 2610.
    Just remember that the Tag is only half the fun - there will also be music, beer tents, activities, entertainment, the Rugby Room showing all of the rugby internationals, family day and much more!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Jimmy Bottles

Quick rules question. Can you literally hand the ball to another player in tag.

Yes. You can hand the ball to a teammate but not when you are over the tryline.

More details about the tag festival in Nenagh on july 21st are available, Hermitage Green and local band Uncle Egg will be playing that evening at the club once the tag has finished

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

It's frowned upon, and some refs have been known to award forward passes infringements for it, but yes, it is legal, as long as the hand-off is backwards. Not flat, but backwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭skydish79

Tag rugby subs list has been set up on facebook

If your looking for a game or are short some players post a message

http://www.facebook.com/groups/116777785122820/

Advertisement