Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Usenet Deal 11Dollars

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Seems fine for me under Vista 32bit unraring work quite fast too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Crimbo

Anyone got a Newzbin invite to spare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Offalycool

I'd really like to try Newzbin also, please pm me if u have another invite. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

No joy on an invite :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I've been using Binsearch. Seems fine to me. Is Newzbin much better? Can't try it myself as I've no invite either.

no generous souls out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

I've been using Binsearch. Seems fine to me. Is Newzbin much better? Can't try it myself as I've no invite either.

Seriously guys, I use Newzbin from time to time and its no better than Newzleech or NZBMatrix or TVNZB. Theres nothing special at all about it. The only reason I do use it from time to time is that it's handy for SABnzbd+.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

On the topic (loosely) of SABnzbd+. Anyone have issues with it crashing all the time (python25.dll is named)

AntiRip wrote: »
    Seriously guys, I use Newzbin from time to time and its no better than Newzleech or NZBMatrix or TVNZB. Theres nothing special at all about it. The only reason I do use it from time to time is that it's handy for SABnzbd+.

I only started using SABnzb+ so a Newzbin invite would be handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭thc4me

would love an invite to newzbin if there are any still flying about? much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭FredH3as

Thread is kinda gone off topic, eh :rolleyes:

FredH3as wrote: »
    Thread is kinda gone off topic, eh :rolleyes:

Sure is, seems to be an invite thread :D

This deal is gone now anyway. Back up to $15 a month.

With a lot of torrent sites and trackers been shut down in the last week as well as Rapidshare handing out info to rights holders, seems that Newsgroups are the way to go for the moment. A lot of squeezing going on the past week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Have signed up for 25gb for $10 - does anybody know if say - your final download is say 3gb - and you have only 2.5gb's left of your allowance - does it stop at 2.5gbs???? Do you have to top-up in order to finish the download - or will it allow you to finish?

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Have signed up for 25gb for $10 - does anybody know if say - your final download is say 3gb - and you have only 2.5gb's left of your allowance - does it stop at 2.5gbs???? Do you have to top-up in order to finish the download - or will it allow you to finish?

I would say so, similar to RS if you use up all your 2.6gb allowance. Why not get the 120gb for $25 (e19.69), seems alot better value?

In hindsight I should have - but new to usenet so just went for the cheapest option - will be going for the 120gb option next time - for any Popcorn Hour owners here - works a treat with the inbuilt usenet client

Another question - are there decent free usenet servers out there or are they a waste of time?

Also what are the advantages of going SSL - privacy in case ISP's are monitoring???

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sure is, seems to be an invite thread :D

This deal is gone now anyway. Back up to $15 a month.

With a lot of torrent sites and trackers been shut down in the last week as well as Rapidshare handing out info to rights holders, seems that Newsgroups are the way to go for the moment. A lot of squeezing going on the past week.

Deal is still there.

Deal is still there.

So it is with the OP link

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Another question - are there decent free usenet servers out there or are they a waste of time?

Also what are the advantages of going SSL - privacy in case ISP's are monitoring???

Free Usenet server = B*ll*x

SLL yes Privacy basicly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

So it is with the OP link

;)
    It's kinda like those limited edition drumsticks they had when I was a kid. They weren't very limited they were going for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

does anyone use UseNext?
    I'm pretty new to usenet and Ive tried one or two, Giganews and UseNext mostly, you get a better return on giganews but the UseNext client is very very user friendly.
    how does it compare to astraweb for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

anyone having problems with stuff older than 200 days on astraweb, everything i have tried is missing from the servers tonight. Was working fine before today. Hope this is small glitch or i'll be reconsidering my usenet options.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Shanegggg

Can anyone let me know if I can have two computers downloading from astraweb using the same external ip at the same time?

Thanks

Shanegggg wrote: »
    Can anyone let me know if I can have two computers downloading from astraweb using the same external ip at the same time?

Thanks

I can't see why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

For any Astraweb users, just stating the bleeding obvious, the secure European server is impossible to log into at certain times of the evening, just flip over to the secure US server, works every time.

---

General Server:
    news.astraweb.com

European Server:
    europe.news.astraweb.com

US Server:
    us.news.astraweb.com

Ports:
    119, 23, 1818 or 8080

Secure Server:
    secure.news.astraweb.com Ports 443 or 563

eu.secure.news.astraweb.com Ports 443 or 563 (European)

us.secure.news.astraweb.com Ports 443 or 563 (US)

Maximum Connections:
    50 connections

---

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Any established boards users looking for an invite?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Any established boards users looking for an invite?
    What does an invite give?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Edit: to newzbin, just noticed people asking above is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Anyone looking for Newzbin invites Pm me i have 5 to give and will be given on a first come first serve basis.

Just wondering would this be better in a Newsbin Section in Broadband maybe as its not really a bargain alert anymore?

Dan

Advertisement