Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Omniplex is getting better and storm is turning into a terrible kip. They've changed the food suppliers or something, everything is gone worse quality, the place isnt getting cleaned as much, the popcorn is very stale, and theres problems with sound in a few cinemas that they havent bothered to fix. Screen 2 in particular, the sound system has been borked for months now. I live near storm, and have been toying with heading to omniplex instead for a few films to compare. That said, I wouldnt brave it on a Sunday or other times when i might be sharing with the troublemakers who spoil a good film.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

zuroph wrote: »
    Omniplex is getting better and storm is turning into a terrible kip. They've changed the food suppliers or something, everything is gone worse quality, the place isnt getting cleaned as much, the popcorn is very stale, and theres problems with sound in a few cinemas that they havent bothered to fix. Screen 2 in particular, the sound system has been borked for months now. I live near storm, and have been toying with heading to omniplex instead for a few films to compare. That said, I wouldnt brave it on a Sunday or other times when i might be sharing with the troublemakers who spoil a good film.

Well,thats the problem,Omniplex seems to attract a certain clientele on certain days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭maebee

Tescos Arthur's Quay and Coonagh are great for reducing foodstuff in the evenings. I got a roast joint this evening reduced from 12.69 to 2.50. The best before date is tomorrow but it's in the slow cooker now and will be fine tomorrow. I haven't bought full priced meat in years. Also, got a sack of spuds for 99c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭georgem25

As it says membership is free - access to endless books and music

http://www.limerick.ie/Library/CityLibraryTheGranary/

also Roxboro

http://www.limerick.ie/Library/RoxboroBranchLibrary/

I dont know if it is the same in all the libraries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭georgem25

20% off this Sunday only with vouchers

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055698175

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

3 euro hot chicken rolls in the topaz down the dock road UNF UNF they rock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Is that the first topaz as you are going out the dock road or the second one?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

the first one nearer to the entrance to the docklands, the one the gardai and taxi's use, you can get those rolls all night too btw the deli is 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

Fantastic clothes bargains at Dorothy Perkins at the moment. Got a skirt reduced from €45 to €12 AND it was buy one, get one free!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

jackncoke wrote: »

Wheres the cheapest so?

Cheapest - there is one in Corbally thats cheaper. Chawkes can sometimes be the dearest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

jackncoke wrote: »
    Well,thats the problem,Omniplex seems to attract a certain clientele on certain days

Then dont go on Sundays!! Thats when all the travellers go there.

Omniplex is the best, thats why it attracts more than the likes of Storm and shows more films also. Same situation when the Savoy was there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

Cheapest - there is one in Corbally thats cheaper. Chawkes can sometimes be the dearest

not lately it isn't :)
    i agree it used to be but things change

last few weeks it's been constantly up to 3 euros cheaper than the ones in corbally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Friend of mine picked up a case of 20*300ml Budweiser in Dunnes for ?17 in Dunnes this weekend.

I myself availed of the 5 for ?23 offer on Spanish wine in Fine Wines. Was suprisingly good stuff for the price, especially the white Cancianillo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

500ml bottle of Cherry Tango €1.35, buy one get one free in Superdrug.

Carry Out in Greenpark SC Ballinacurra doing 6 btls of 'Baltika 3' for €10.

Fine Wines doing Finlandia 70cl for €19.99 and Huzzar 1 ltr for €24.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

grenache wrote: »
    Friend of mine picked up a case of 20*300ml Budweiser in Dunnes for ?17 in Dunnes this weekend.

I myself availed of the 5 for ?23 offer on Spanish wine in Fine Wines. Was suprisingly good stuff for the price, especially the white Cancianillo.

if your buying drink and it doesnt matter if it cans or bottles you have to do the maths, you cant beat 8 cans of bavaria for 10euro, 8 x 500ml is 4000ml, so if buying 20euros worth you get 8,000ml, but in your above example you only get 6,000ml for your 17 euro, dont forget the maths lads, i know a box of 20 or 24 bottles looks alot but dont if you dont mind cans you getting more for your euro

Homestore and more, tipp road, I got a wood (MDF I'm sure) toilet seat today for €7.50!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

6 cans of pepsi, club orange and 7up all €1.79 in dunnes

24 pk coke €7.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 chicca

Limited Special Offer of 2 for 1 Tickets For The Revenger's Tragedy
    Mon 16th & Tues 17th Nov 2 Tickets for 18 Euro saw someone recomending it on another thread.

Free multi award winning film "Human Experience" on 21/22 November , I always like something Free!

Full details on mykidstime.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Shopaholic1

Hey there, I know this isnt exactly 'a bargain' well that is unless you win it!! But just came accross a great competition for Limerick for a €1,000 shopping spree for before Christmas, wouldnt it be so cool to win it plus theres a 2 night break aswell. Found it on www.ShortBreaksIreland.ie/Limerick

• Advertisement

if your buying drink and it doesnt matter if it cans or bottles you have to do the maths, you cant beat 8 cans of bavaria for 10euro, 8 x 500ml is 4000ml, so if buying 20euros worth you get 8,000ml, but in your above example you only get 6,000ml for your 17 euro, dont forget the maths lads, i know a box of 20 or 24 bottles looks alot but dont if you dont mind cans you getting more for your euro
    You're forgetting that value = quality divided by price.
    Bavaria is a poor quality beer. Not that Bud is much better. However it wins this time as the Bavaria you're referring to is the can! Beer from a bottle will win nearly every time. So it might be cheaper, and you might get more of it, but its an inferior product. So is it better value, not in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

You're forgetting that value = quality divided by price.
    Bavaria is a poor quality beer. Not that Bud is much better. However it wins this time as the Bavaria you're referring to is the can! Beer from a bottle will win nearly every time. So it might be cheaper, and you might get more of it, but its an inferior product. So is it better value, not in my opinion.

true i have to agree with you about the quality, just a pity you couldnt get 8 cans of guiness for the €10

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Silly 'fecky' one. but 3ft fakey Xmas trees for 5.99 in Homebase today, and 50% off lots of xmas lights and decorations. Perfect for truckers! and moms:-)

Silly 'fecky' one. but 3ft fakey Xmas trees for 5.99 in Homebase today, and 50% off lots of xmas lights and decorations. Perfect for truckers! and moms:-)
    extra 10% off on sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Free €15 giftcard when you spend €30 or more in Schuh on Bedford Row!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭monalitto

thanks for the wine tip - I liked the white (& i'm fussy), hubby loves the red cancianillo as well. good deal for Beck's beer in Tesco's...18 275ml btls 12.49! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭monalitto

went to crescent shopping centre today, nice little farmer's market going on in the carpark there, only a few stands, but really nice cheese one, another had 3 geese, real geese! dont know how much for them, maybe they could be saved from the table & taken down the peoples park for a walk every sunday? ha! it's on 9.30 to 2.30 every wednesday, worth a look ;)

synotts in Annacotty has €3 pints all this weekend apparently!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭Armada

Browsers Furniture are having a one day sale, 50% off, this Saturday only. Free coffee is what got me interested :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

For those of you living outside of the City(like me) and would like to come into the city over the Christmas, have dinner, a few drinks and stay in a hotel then the George hotel is your only choice on price.

€74 for two adults, King Room, Dinner and breakfast including complimentary parking.

Not bad!

Advertisement