Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

Stab*City wrote: »
    Not exactly a bargain is it??:confused::confused:??

Almost 24 quid for a steak you got for a fiver across the road and an overpriced pint!!

Sorry Stab City..

But I'm unsure who said €24.00 for the steak, that includes a pint if you want one, you don't have to have it so its 14.95 for a 14oz and 20.95 for a 20 oz... if you want a tea or coffee its complimentary.... there's also refills on the coffee and the chips!!! we haven't had any complaints yet.

And believe me there costing me a lot more than a fiver.. there from a local butcher who kills his own meat and charges accordingly for it.

Why don't you have a look around and see the price and let us know what u find, I know I would find an informative reply of use to confirm that most places are doing an 8oz for around 17.95 plus.....

Maybe you'd like to pop over for a steak on the house, 14oz or 20oz, your choice, and even a pint if you think you might be thirsty???

Thanks for the interest and the reply.

Best Regards - Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Given the price of drink in places, 2.99 is OK for a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Fair play to anyone putting their business out there and making it more competitive. More needed. If people don't agree its value for money don't go but don't knock a bloke for putting what he believes is value for money out there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

! we haven't had any complaints yet.

And believe me there costing me a lot more than a fiver.. there from a local butcher who kills his own meat and charges accordingly for it.

There's no complaints because there's nothing to complain about!

You can taste the difference all together, great meat cooked well. A winning combination that's tough to find anywhere nowadays.

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    There's no complaints because there's nothing to complain about!

You can taste the difference all together, great meat cooked well. A winning combination that's tough to find anywhere nowadays.

Thanks for that, good to see that the thread is being used for what its there for.....
    K

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

Ken, I have to say, it sounds tempting. Is this offer available all day or just in the evening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

There are some great offers in the deli of Johnseys shop in Thomondgate. They have large chicken rolls for €2 and a free can of coke for every €3 spent in the deli, can't go far wrong with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Maybe you'd like to pop over for a steak on the house, 14oz or 20oz, your choice, and even a pint if you think you might be thirsty???

Maybe im just a cheepskate!! Thats prob why im in the bargain thread!!:D
    Why thank you Ken, generous offer.. Although i must decline the weather is too nice to be stuck inside.. Its barbecue season!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Jigga wrote: »
    chicken rolls for €2

Now thats a bargain seeing as though i paid 4.00 for one in raheen!!

Why thank you Ken, generous offer.. Although i must decline the weather is too nice to be stuck inside.. Its barbecue season!!

No worries S City, more than welcome,

There's seating outside if you'd like to have it there and table service of course.... Bar b next sat for the day so it coiuld be done then for ya if ya like :-)

Ken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,772 ✭✭✭✭phog

I was in Woodies yesterday and they have an offer of 5 40w energy saving bulbs for €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

dibs his steak.

phog wrote: »
    I was in Woodies yesterday and they have an offer of 5 40w energy saving bulbs for €5.

got some last week, can't go wrong, thay have the 11watt aswell i think for the same price...

go woodies!!

Azphyxi8 wrote: »
    Ken, I have to say, it sounds tempting. Is this offer available all day or just in the evening?

Available from 4 in the afternoon as soon as kitchen set up from finishing lunch...

Tx - K

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Available from 4 in the afternoon as soon as kitchen set up from finishing lunch...

Tx - K

Have to say i will defo be calling for a 20oz steak, hopefully this weekend. sounds like great value!!

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Have to say i will defo be calling for a 20oz steak, hopefully this weekend. sounds like great value!!

Ya its a big one...

don't forget to ask for secoinds on chips if you want them :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Ya its a big one...

don't forget to ask for secoinds on chips if you want them :-)

Didnt get there over the weekend so hopefully this weekend, will be sure to ask for seconds if i can manage it haha.

Great work saturday by the way, saw you high-viz'd up

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Didnt get there over the weekend so hopefully this weekend, will be sure to ask for seconds if i can manage it haha.

Great work saturday by the way, saw you high-viz'd up

ya was a great night for town,,,

ya i get all the good jobs thanks, not a guinness in sight for the night!!!!!!!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭georgem25

Tesco in Coonagh had packs of 10 grey plastic clothes hangers for 12 cents and Tesco dustpan and brush for only 13 cents. They were not marked reduced, just the regular white price in front of them

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Handy for anyone looking to get in Sky anytime soon in Limerick/surrounds

Got two invitations from Sky for a 'friend' to sign up and get two free months subscription.

You get 2 free months ,I get 75 euro!
    Anyone interested,lemme know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mijas

Kids Exercise Camp running start of August - ages 6-14 - one week or two. Open to Anyone: check out www.corballyutd.com

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭clint_eastman

Shaws in the cresent have mach 3's turbo and fusion packs for around half price.... i got 11 fusion for €24 as oppossed to €45 or something like that...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Boots have all Lynx shower gels for 1.50. I know they have regular shower gel promotions but this is a decent deal.

Bought 24 for 36 euro lol. Imagine getting that deal before the recession lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Olaf

You bought 24 bottles of shower gel! Smelly bastard :pac:

Good deal alright though.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

14oz Sirlion for €14.95

20 oz Sirlion for €20.95

Chips, sauces and fried onions and mushrooms included....

Want a pint only €2.99.......

Bar in Annacotty...

All steaks from local butchers so best quality guearanteed

Are u allowed name place??

Well Ken,

Got the 14oz steak last Saturday week. Fantastic value, very well presented and extremely tasty! Will def go for another one.

Is the same offer available in O'Connell's?

L.T.P. wrote: »
    Well Ken,

Got the 14oz steak last Saturday week. Fantastic value, very well presented and extremely tasty! Will def go for another one.

Is the same offer available in O'Connell's?

Hey,

Thanks for that, good to hear.

Just available in annacotty at the mo, should have it in town soon.

Will keep u posted.

Rgds - Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

+1 on the steak, called in yesterday evening, holy crap what an offer! Huge 14 oz, cooked to perfection! One of the better steaks I've had in Limerick, and unreal value for money. Will not be the last time I have it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 LH01

Patrick punches Gym:
    100 days for 100€

Dutch Furniture sales (behind centra in patrickswell ) oh my god , furniture some new , some used , Got span new couch for €150 and it wasn't then only one out there ( had my eye on a beige corner couch set , bit dusty also €150 but just didnt have the space ). They do not deliver but see next point .

Tom Sheehan (086-3019941) delivered my span new couch from patrickswell to limerick city center for €30 . and is not contracted to furniture place ( ha ha finally an "inexpensive" delivery guy )

Finally Charlie and Lou, mobile tattoo removal (086- 2143730) ( it took 3 removal sessions ) , laser and it was 3* €40 euro which was fantastic price another place in Limerick tried to charge me 85€ per session and another was 120€ . It is healed and no scarring , skin looks perfect wanted to wait to post this bit until it had all healed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Has anyone been to the lidl warehouse sale, some great bargains there !

Got a computer for the bike for a fiver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

the lidl warehouse sale in limk
    where is this ? is it any where the nct place

Advertisement