Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

You suck at living.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

:(

:(

Aww *hug*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

banquo wrote: »
    They're keeping the day a secret to prevent student protests.

Now that's PR.

More than happy to let them keep it secret, the fact an 'honourary' speaker is being kept under wraps is pathetic on the Uni's part.

http://election.ie/2009/10/5-reasons-nui-maynooth-dont-want-bertie/

Good bit of web attention like that, all the local papers, the Sunday World, the Northside People, and plenty of blogs picked up on it so far.

The S.U will surely have to take a position on it at some stage. I know a lecturer or two have brought it up with them. Its just surreal that at the minute, with MASSIVE cutbacks on campus, bringing a sitting Fianna Fail TD here to give a lecture seems a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Another day, another box of stolen pens.

• Advertisement

Pass one to your left :P

Bored out of my tree!

Plus side, got new post-its! yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭TheeItcha

Bored out of my tree!

Plus side, got new post-its! yay!

Wait you got post-its, well fvck that for a bag of apples, im gone where the action is..

On a side, the printers in the library are on their period, best advised to stay away!!

Come on Shelbourne!

Hacked neighbours broadband. On it now.

Win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Win.

If it was WPA2 then I'd be impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Win.
    Please tell me you didn't use a certain java app for eircom wireless networks :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭mp3guy

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Please tell me you didn't use a certain java app for eircom wireless networks :rolleyes:

It's actually only 116 lines to implement yourself, I did it once for the laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

473mls of Red Bull probably isn't good for me, but heck, this English essay needs doing.

And why 473mls? Because that's what's in the big cans of Red Bull nowadays, woulda thought they'd round it up to 500mls but no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

mp3guy wrote: »
    It's actually only 116 lines to implement yourself, I did it once for the laugh.
    Thought about doing that myself, didn't know where to get the necessary maths for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭ash xxx

Why do they insist on 5pm lectures? They seriously suck ass. It should be illegal to keep students past dark time, its winter god dammit. Took 3 cups of tea when I got home to warm me up!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Xxhaylsxx

I have a physics tutorial on a wed at six. After being in lectures and labs from eleven wit no break. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Win.

Your girlfriends neighbours, yeah? :P

Yeah I'm in from 10am on Tuesdays, its the day i dread most in the week cause its jam packed. You're just absolutely knackered at the end of the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Bizarre moment at Union Council where we were advised not to complain on Boards.ie (specifically Boards.ie) and to instead send concerns over to the SU via email.

In my head I was like "lads, theres like 14 of us on the forum. Most people here look confused as to what you're even on about"

2mi22d2.png

I'll lead the movement, Tanaiste position open.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Ah yeah yeah, try being in college from 10am then working til 11pm in the one day regularly enough.

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Bizarre moment at Union Council where we were advised not to complain on Boards.ie (specifically Boards.ie) and to instead send concerns over to the SU via email.

In my head I was like "lads, theres like 14 of us on the forum. Most people here look confused as to what you're even on about"

2mi22d2.png

Haha, f*ckers, they can't do that. Where else would we go to whinge??

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Ah yeah yeah, try being in college from 10am then working til 11pm in the one day regularly enough.

Used to do it every gay day when I was in DCU, up at 6am to get to DCU for 9am, then back to work till 10pm. Never again!!

Ahh there's no point complainin now, it's only going to get worse come December.

7 months til quittin' time!

I ****ing hate football. Raises your spirits and then kicks you in the crotch so bad you're left with an inverted micky for weeks. Feel's even worse cause I laid my team and won a 100 euro :(

PrivateEye wrote: »

2mi22d2.png

Seriously? Who said that?

Christ, the things some people choose to care about. Also, why didn't I know this was on today?!

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I ****ing hate football. Raises your spirits and then kicks you in the crotch so bad you're left with an inverted micky for weeks. Feel's even worse cause I laid my team and won a 100 euro :(

Just quoting as proof of your improper usage of that there apostrophe.

har har

I'm freezing, and trying to read/answer questions as well as trying to stay awake. Damn you last minute ****!

• Advertisement

LeixlipRed wrote: »

How'd you manage to get laid with an inverted mickey?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement