Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Rozabeez wrote: »
    I've never been, but I'm working Sat and college Monday :(

Never been to God's county?! You poor thing. Have you ever tasted the sweet nectar of Football Special?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

the train through maynooth goes on to Sligo:

http://archives.tcm.ie/businesspost/2005/10/23/story8945.asp

some interesting stuff there. weather might be a problem though. Galway was the closest I could find on weather underground:
    http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/03964.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

irish_goat wrote: »
    Never been to God's county?! You poor thing. Have you ever tasted the sweet nectar of Football Special?

That stuff must have the street value of heroin down here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

I fell in love with Football Special about a year ago thanks to a Donegal roommate. Forcing a mate to bring loads back to Dublin when she goes back to Letterkenny. Amazing stuff.

They sell it in the UCD student bar, Maynooth take note!

If you're on the demo tomorrow and want to march with other craply paid private sector students..... This 5 Foot by 20Foot effort will be out http://i34.tinypic.com/t8qdf5.jpg

Created by coffee, bickering and cheap spraypaint/markers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

....The what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Why has this place gotten so quiet these days?

I'm being left with nothing to help me procrastinate. I have to work now!

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Sorry :(

I don't think it's gotten particularly quiet. It's just gone back to how it was before we were ambused with all the ''I'm thinking of taking Arts - your opinion'' Threads.

Wowly crap the amount of people who don't log of computers is mad. I'm sitting in the South Campus PACR, there's no class on or anything and I can see 8 cmputers logged on that no one is using. Some girl even left her facebook logged in. It's not that hard to logout...

Jaysus it's roasting in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

irish_goat wrote: »

I don't even like it, yet when faced with a bottle of it, I can't help but take a sip.

The proximity to Sainsbury's and their wonderful cheescake is also a plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

Eh, I must be the only person here who has not heard of Football Special. Someone put me out of my misery and explain please! It'll be my something new for the day!

• Advertisement

gra26 wrote: »
    Eh, I must be the only person here who has not heard of Football Special. Someone put me out of my misery and explain please! It'll be my something new for the day!

You poor thing. I'll be bringing down a healthy supply of the wonderful stuff this week. Must bring a bottle to the next beers night.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

Wouldn't mind but I used to live up there! Course I was a kiddie so it doesn't count really. Is it anything along the lines of buckfast or am I way off?

gra26 wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind but I used to live up there! Course I was a kiddie so it doesn't count really. Is it anything along the lines of buckfast or am I way off?

That's when you get addicted to it! You couldn't beat a bottle of football special when you were young, got you absolutely hyper. And no, it's a fruity lemonadey type drink, no alcohol in it but goes well with vodka.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Bye bye mid week Maynoothians! :(:D:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

This is aimed at mostly music students but if anyone has advice please share..

El Pron and I need a bit of guidance on an essay.. We don't want it written for us, or ideas, but just what the... how do you even go about an essay like this?
    The title is:
    How adaptable was the form of the concerto to the compositional aspirations of composers of the Romantic era?

now we are only allowed to use the New Grove dictionary to write this, so how does that work? Won't all the essays be based on the same ideas from the book? What about using quotes from outside of that source, is it allowed? I know the whole class is stumped on this one... :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

now we are only allowed to use the New Grove dictionary to write this, so how does that work?

New Grove is the only online source we're allowed use, we can use any book we like.
    We don't want it written for us, or ideas

I never said that ;)

Really though, I'm pulling my hair out over this too, any advice = appreciated.

Jesus, so exhausted. **** you dunnes.

Me too. And a girl from work just left so they've given me most of her hours. Which is great money wise but I'm gonna be wrecked.

And sleep is eluding me recently too :(

9 and 10 hour shifts are nasty :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Music essays done for 50 quid. 1st class honours guaranteed ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

banquo wrote: »
    Music essays done for 50 quid. 1st class honours guaranteed ;)

Not cool :p

:D but seriously, first year essays are not hard. A lot of people think they've done much worse than they actally have because, fresh out of the awful lc, they're still thinking in terms of 'out of a hundred'. Anything over 60 is great :) anything over 70 in first year means you're teacher's pet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭mp3guy

banquo wrote: »
    :D but seriously, first year essays are not hard. A lot of people think they've done much worse than they actally have because, fresh out of the awful lc, they're still thinking in terms of 'out of a hundred'. Anything over 60 is great :) anything over 70 in first year means you're teacher's pet :D

That's the best thing about non-subjective subjects like engineering and science, either it's right or wrong, it's not down to some lecturer's professional opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

mp3guy wrote: »
    That's the best thing about non-subjective subjects like engineering and science, either it's right or wrong, it's not down to some lecturer's professional opinion.

Well, explain how I got 54% in an exam for writing down the questions and drawing a penguin? It's true!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Well, explain how I got 54% in an exam for writing down the questions and drawing a penguin? It's true!

Sketch the logo of Linux?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

This is why I'm hot

10939_1134497490708_1475439997_30334552_3962451_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

When is that criminal arriving here anyway?

They're keeping the day a secret to prevent student protests.

Now that's PR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Haven't been to a good protest in ages. I'd kill you all just to spit in that mans face. Or kill him and not kill you all. Whichever is easiest :D

• Advertisement

Kill him. I like living. One of the few things I'm good at. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement