Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I've a big bottle of Sunny Delight :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

I've a big bottle of Sunny Delight :cool:

Didn't know they still sold that! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

It's not the same as the old turn-your-skin-orange version

It still tastes the same to me! Florida Style om nom nom nom (or whatever the drinking version of that is).

Sitting here reading Amanda Palmer's blog. She is so unbelievably amazingly awesome. I should be in bed though, sleepy -__-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

ug lug lug?
    Something along those lines?
    I've watched five episodes of Dr Who today. This is really not very helpful when it comes to study/assignments.

• Advertisement

Yep, I think ug lug lug works. And a day spent watching Doctor Who is in no way wasteful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Decided to research in my home county's library yesterday.... the percentage of twilight related books there compared to every other category (with the exception of encyclopedias) is disturbing and upsetting on equal levels

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

I went to my library in time for a very, very, loud ti-kwan-do exhibition once. Local libraries are queer places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

CaoimH_in wrote: »
    I went to my library in time for a very, very, loud ti-kwan-do exhibition once. Local libraries are queer places.
    oh the noise factor is something completely worse here, full blown group skype sessions happening, phones on loud, one guy even watchin a dvd on his laptop in there, no headphones....madness

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

6 months until graduation... bought graduation dress today :o

• Advertisement

6 months until graduation... bought graduation dress today :o

Nothing better than buying a new dress! Make sure and wear comfy heels for your grad, there's a good bit of walking involved. And the hat really messes up your hair too so watch out for that. Such a great day though!

My wee brother is in London at the min, not at all jealous like.

Nothing better than buying a new dress! Make sure and wear comfy heels for your grad, there's a good bit of walking involved. And the hat really messes up your hair too so watch out for that. Such a great day though!

My wee brother is in London at the min, not at all jealous like.

I wear heels everyday so I'm well used to it. Not liking this idea of hat hair though..

I wear heels everyday so I'm well used to it. Not liking this idea of hat hair though..
    You don't have to wear the hat - it's optional for girls.
    A lot of feminists refuse out of principle, so you could always say it's that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

^My sister refused to wear the hat a bunch of years ago. Organisers weren't impressed. Hah. Liked seeing her going up to collect her degree though, only girl in the place not wearing a hat.

mickstupp wrote: »
    ^My sister refused to wear the hat a bunch of years ago. Organisers weren't impressed. Hah. Liked seeing her going up to collect her degree though, only girl in the place not wearing a hat.

It's not that big a deal any more - while more than half the girls last year wore hats, it wasn't unusual that they didn't.
    I like the hats. I think it's unfair that guys don't get hats, more than that girls do get hats.
    After all, in the States and the UK, girls and guys get hats.

How so Joe wrote: »
    You don't have to wear the hat - it's optional for girls.
    A lot of feminists refuse out of principle, so you could always say it's that!

I'm a feminist and I wore the hat :pac: But that was mainly because it looks cool and it made me feel posh.

I'm a feminist and I wore the hat :pac: But that was mainly because it looks cool and it made me feel posh.
    I wore the hat because I think it looks cool.
    Also, I don't think my grandmother would believe that I had graduated if I didn't have a hat.
    I also kept my hat. It's in my wardrobe. :pac:

I know a few lads who wore those hats in their degree photos. :)

CaoimH_in wrote: »
    I know a few lads who wore those hats in their degree photos. :)
    Are they from Maynooth? The robes people (Phelan Whatchamacallit?) wouldn't give my friend a hat, by virtue of the fact that he was male.

Were they the professional photographs Caoimh_in? They gave people a hat to wear in the photo if they wanted to I think.

• Advertisement

From UL; not really too sure; a real bunch of messers so I couldn't be sure what exactly they did! The photos seemed professional, though again, haven't a clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I was under the impression that guys just never wore them, but if you ask they'll give you one... :( And now I'll probably not be around for my MA graduation (of which I still haven't received results... :/) so I guess I have to wait until my PhD to wear the hat....... ( ; _ ; )

MONEY WELL SPENT.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Does anyone know what the result of the USI survey was? Never heard anything about how it turned out :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Results this Monday evening! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Most girls wore the mortar boards when I graduated. Also most of them wore them wrong I think. Supposedly you're supposed to have the stringy thing hanging over the front left edge, and they had them hanging every way but that.

I was glad I didn't have to wear one. It would have just messed up the gel that I put in my hair :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

The hat sucks. Wore it the first time and I had a "V" shape on my forehead and makeup gone in that shape for hours after! And you hair never sits right with it! Didn't wear it the second time-much much more comfortable!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

So, what did everyone do in the glorious weather today?

I just played some football and had a BBQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

So, what did everyone do in the glorious weather today?

I just played some football and had a BBQ

Was giving grinds this morning and then working this afternoon. Spent the time between driving with the windows down and the music blaring. Ahhhh, summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Had to do an English essay so missed the glorious sunshine :( Why do I always leave assignments to the last minute?! :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement