Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

My ranking of the hot chocolate on campus:

1. Machine
    2. Chill
    3. Bewley's
    4. Pugin
    5. Costa
    -9000. O'Briens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

1. Machine
    2. Chill
    3. Bewley's
    4. Pugin
    5. Costa
    -9000. O'Briens
    The hot chocolate in Chill is really nice. And the white hot chocolate is pure deliciousness in a cup.

Imagine if there was a Butlers (Butler's? Butlers'?) in Maynooth? >drool<

Or an Insomnia. They do nommy hot choc. And you can get a large hot drink and a sandwich for a fiver! /shill

I like the white hot chocolate from Bewleys, but I find the one in Chill is too sweet. And then it's the opposite way round with the regular one :pac:

I can't find my usb stick anywhere, and it has loads of work I did for an essay yesterday on it. Thick is not the word >.<

Or an Insomnia. They do nommy hot choc. And you can get a large hot drink and a sandwich for a fiver! /shill

I like the white hot chocolate from Bewleys, but I find the one in Chill is too sweet. And then it's the opposite way round with the regular one :pac:

I can't find my usb stick anywhere, and it has loads of work I did for an essay yesterday on it. Thick is not the word >.<
    Is it plugged into the side of your computer? Someone I know did that yesterday...

No, I thought I left it in the ATC yesterday evening, but when I went back it wasn't there and no one had handed it in to Simon... And it's not in either of my bags. I don't know where I could have left it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

How so Joe wrote: »
    But will you actually bother go to Education house?
    I literally don't even know where Education House is :o

1. Machine
    2. Chill
    3. Bewley's
    4. Pugin
    5. Costa
    -9000. O'Briens
    1. Bewley's - with Salt & Vinegar crisps, as pointed out by the girl working there I'm very predictable
    2. O'Brien's - expensive as fcuk but damn addictive
    3. Coffee Machine - worth €1, a bit too creamy for my liking
    4. Chill - overrated IMO, nothing special

Also +1 to Butler's Hot Chocolate. Sex in a mug

See this is why I shouldn't do assignments on my laptop. I start well but end up making a list of my favourite places to buy hot chocolate, which, even doing a FOODSCAPES OF MAYNOOTH assignment, is STILL irrelevant. I give up :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Daemos wrote: »
    I literally don't even know where Education House is :o

Behind Rowan House

I've never even heard of Rowan House! I only know the places I frequent; I have no idea what 50% of the buildings are or where they are. Hell, I've been here nearly 2 years and only found the Rye Hall PACR last week. I knew it was there somewhere, but the first time I looked for it I wasn't even in the right building [in my defence it was dark and I was approaching it from the Village Apartments] :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I can't understand why people buy stuff in O'Briens. It's a joke of a shop.

The only time I've ever gone in there was last year during the exams. This young one I was kinda seeing asked me to go. Hadn't a clue what to order so I asked for a chicken roll. €7.50 I think it cost me. Biggest waste of money ever. I had it gone in 3 minutes. Pile of ****e. Even the pringles on the edge of the plate couldn't rescue it from being a disaster.

If I had my way we'd have gone up to Londis for a chicken fillet roll. By far the best in Maynooth. The meal deal is quality. Roll, water and crisps for €4.50. If you're really lucky you can snake off with a packet of Dorittos or McCoys instead of the Kings crisps.

For €7.50 I'd expect a large plate of lasagne with a mountain of chips. Not a gammy roll that wouldn't feed a 4 year old child, decorated with some pringles to try and distract you from the fact that you have just been ripped off.

Whoever owns O'Briens must be laughing that they have convinced people to pay such money for such ****e. The same with Starbucks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Is cuddling on the arts building couches an acceptable thing to do? Not like, arm-around-your-mot, this is like fully-reclined two-arm extended cuddling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

rcaz wrote: »
    Is cuddling on the arts building couches an acceptable thing to do? Not like, arm-around-your-mot, this is like fully-reclined two-arm extended cuddling.

That really young looking couple? They're ALWAYS there. One evening a couple of weeks ago she was practically mounting him. Awwwwkward.

That really young looking couple? They're ALWAYS there. One evening a couple of weeks ago she was practically mounting him. Awwwwkward.

...Does that mean you can see me too? Sitting facing them. I feel strange now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

SU, free condoms, hide behind a vending machine and throw!

It's just plain creepy imo. I mean Jesus, get a f**king room if you're going to carry on way >_>

DB21 wrote: »
    It's just plain creepy imo. I mean Jesus, get a f**king room if you're going to carry on way >_>
    Does that mean they're still there? Have they no lectures to go to?
    Cuddling, I'm okay with. Straddling, not so much, though.

rcaz wrote: »
    ...Does that mean you can see me too? Sitting facing them. I feel strange now...

Hahaha no,I was in the reading room, I've just seen them there SO many times at this stage I instantly knew who you were talking about. Once they were having a full on grope session at about 2pm when the couch they were on was full of other people. I always feel like I'm interrupting a really intimate moment between them *shudder*. There's a time and a place people, time and a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Plants - Y U So Boring?

How so Joe wrote: »
    Does that mean they're still there? Have they no lectures to go to?
    Cuddling, I'm okay with. Straddling, not so much, though.

Dunno if they're still there. Not in college on Thursdays :pac:

Plants - Y U So Boring?

NoGuyBlackSS.png

Plant biology is awesome.

• Advertisement

Plants suck.

MUST STOP PROCRASTINATING

Plants suck.

MUST STOP PROCRASTINATING
    Stop procrastinating... tomorrow.

Also, I found out yesterday that you can buy Bewley's white hot chocolate in a jar from supermarkets. Interdasting!

Plants suck.

Black holes suck.

Different couch, but they're meeting now.

We should all arrange to unite and form a circle around them and then tut at them in unison until they shame-faced-ly leave and go somewhere private.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pretentiouslad

I concur...

I haven't seen this pair yet, but sounds like they should be charging for the show!

We should all arrange to unite and form a circle around them and then tut at them in unison until they shame-faced-ly leave and go somewhere private.

Do it tomorrow. Perhaps it will stop them getting down on Friday, as it were.

Alternatively, you could just all continue your voyeurism from a few couches away. Young love cannot be stopped!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

Totally yuck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Hahaha no,I was in the reading room, I've just seen them there SO many times at this stage I instantly knew who you were talking about. Once they were having a full on grope session at about 2pm when the couch they were on was full of other people. I always feel like I'm interrupting a really intimate moment between them *shudder*. There's a time and a place people, time and a place.

Time and place when I'm not trying to eat my lunch on the only spare seat in the place... beside them. I was halfway through before I realised that's who you guys were on about! I'd only checked boards half an hour before but didn't cop till I was scoffing me cream crackers. Yuck. Felt mad uncomfortable then.

Possibly a couple of loud *COUGH*getaroom*COUGH*'s as people walk past?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement