Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Even though the European elections are probably more important than the general elections, they just don't get me going n the same way. I'll have a look at all the candidates tomorrow and make my decision. I really could'nt careless about the locals but will feel obliged to do a bit of research before I vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

There's no real lefties running in the East MEP election so I might vote for that lunatic Jim Tallon (of Glasnost Productions fame, youtube it!). As for locals round this way, Catherine Murphy and no one else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Is it just me or are there alot of young females running with Labour? granted i've only been on the south east coast.

I'm off home. Its been good virtually knowing you! Bye Maynooth. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Awhh, no Beau at our beers! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Got up at 6 to go back to Dublin to vote.

PrivateEye, tell your mum that Joe got my number 1 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Joe got my #2.

Don't you love when you go to the bank and there's more money than you thought there would be? It's never happened to me before today. I doubt it'll ever happen again so I'm gonna enjoy it :)

Trying to figure out tactically the best way to vote. I'm in the East constituency. I prefer Childers but I'm considering voting Phealen No.1 for the 3rd seat or should I distribute my vote as No.1 on a crap independent, no.2 childers and no.3 Phealen. Its all very confusing!

Sweet on the bank thing. I applied for a loan for inter railing on Monday. Hit traffic and the bank closed so I couldn't get at the money! Disaster.

I ****ing hate my life right now! *dies*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Berties brother coming FIFTH? Eric Cantona and Ken Loach *raging* at Bertie during the week? The end of the Drumcondra Mafia? Great times.

Uncle Joe is apparently doing great (Tally man figures, before official counting)

PrivateEye, tell your mum that Joe got my number 1

Ha ha, didn't see that at first!

My mams obsession with him is bizarre, apparently he embodies everything thats right about the world. shame he's a Trot, but people like Joe get by on personality alone. I really don't care about the mans ideology to a degree if he's going to constantly PWN!1 Fianna Fail when he gets back into the Dail. He's the one-liner king. I don't think there's a 40somethingyear old public sector woman who isn't mad about him at the minute maybe. Think Dad voted him with a bit of "boss told me to" involved.

• Advertisement

candidatescomp.jpg

Is it just me or are there alot of young females running with Labour? granted

Yep, notced that too.

Maria Parodi, first one in the above Irish Times blog 'give her a lash jack' candidates list, is Labour in Dublin and as far as I know got elected and all. She's my favourite (:pac:) nationwide.

Sarah Ryan (FF), the second one in, will probably be on the Dole with her Dad come Monday morning. She was handing out free pens, so they can both sign on together.

Even the Shinners can be guilty of running young pretty faces over more experienced community activists, sadly it seems to pay off for most of the parties though.

Right, angry drunken post, too funny. Think it was an embarrassed one actually. How was last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

GAH!! Results in less than two weeks :( *scrambles to get all fun stuff done now in fear of a lock down being put in place*

Mom: When are your results out, Michelle?
    Me: End of June sometime.
    Mom: Should I expect all fails?
    Me: Nnn...yes

*hangs head in shame*

:pac:
    EOIN RYAN
    :pac:---EOIN RYAN
    :pac:IN RYAN
    :pac:YAN
    :pac:nomnomnomnom

that is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Nationalist

PrivateEye wrote: »
    :pac:
    EOIN RYAN
    :pac:---EOIN RYAN
    :pac:IN RYAN
    :pac:YAN
    :pac:nomnomnomnom

that is all.

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ciencin

lol

I second the lol :P

Anybody know the date when the results are out?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

28th, IIR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Pretty sure it's the 25th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭kdak

25th but the councilling and offfice yokes are on the 29th. its on the nuim website in the examinations section afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

Its so by the time the offices are open people have stopped crying

• Advertisement

*tumbleweed*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Way to break the silence

I wasn't aware that we were having a 'thing' here. I take the tumbleweed back. Heeeere tumbleweed. C'mon tumbleweed. Attaboy.

Since I have no job and not much to do I joined the Library. There's so many books(obviously I know) and I dunno where to start. Anyone recommend some good reading?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

For obscurity - parapsychology on top floor by philosophy, socio-biology books are strange, astronomy is always interesting....

Pick something you always wanted to know about - a discipline, a topic, get some introductory texts and pick away!

Philosophy can be a rewarding read too

Sorry, not that library, a normal one. I'd enough of that library after 6 yrs as a student! Not that I used it all that much............ Thought someone here might have interesting suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

gra26 wrote: »
    Thought someone here might have interesting suggestions.

Geez...sorry!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I've had fun since college finished :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭mp3guy

I've started my internship. Being a pretend full time researcher is fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

I'll bet Rozabeez is secretly delighted at how much her baby has grown, look, it's so big :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement