Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I come second to Rosabeez, with 5 boardsies encountered. Though one is my gf, so that's kinda cheating...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I wish I knew what more of you looked like. I could be walking passed you and you'd know me but I wouldn't recognise you. That creeps me out a bit...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭mp3guy

I wish I knew what more of you looked like. I could be walking passed you and you'd know me but I wouldn't recognise you. That creeps me out a bit...

Yeah you walked past me in the smoking area.

Good job at saying hello :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭mp3guy

I was too busy being drunk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Anyone staying up next week? I really think its time we had a boards meet up. Maybe on Tuesday or something, either a pub or we can all get ridiculously drunk in someone house and have a party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Next week no good for me. Busy every day. The week after?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,110 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Oh, God, I'm still dying! I'm out of practise at this drinking lark. And on top of that the stupid Roost didn't have any Miller left! What kind of a pub runs out?

Amateur!! Never buy top Roost beer. All the kegs are downstairs meaning total grossness for the upstairs beer. Most pubs never clean the tubes out. Think metres of gunk :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,110 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Amateur!! Never buy top Roost beer.

What does that mean? Ground floor or first floor? I was on the ground floor. I think I'll go back to bed. :( The barman offered me a taste of bud ice and I stupidly tried it and even more stupidly liked it (ok, I think the idea is to chill it so much until it taste of nothing but cold). Then I drank 3. ****ing idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Likes the idea of pints the week after next week!

In rage-news:

brought a 'mate' back to my house, lad I know from college who seems by and large solid. Figured feck it, doing him a favour and obviously being a young lad I do it all the time. This couch is your couch, this couch is my couch and all that.

So anyway, lad didn't drink too much and I figured 'grand, up about 10am and he'll stall off home, I'll walk the dog maybe grab a bit of breakfast at the shops for the folks at home and all will be grand'

EEJIT wakes me up at 7am like a man possessed, look down and he's getting sick all over my room :mad: Disgusting, never seen anyone do it before , very off-putting on a social level and has my mother convinced my mates aren't the best bunch of lads. Nothing worse, if you've ever actually been in a house in Palmerstown you'd know you're never more than a minute from the toilet bowl. Ich bin nicht impressed. Phrases like 'die in a fire' and 'what the hell have you done you fcucking fcuk?' come to mind straight away.

As my Dad says I did bring him home so plenty of it is my fault, but nothing like it has happened before and considering I'm 20 at the end of this year so its been more or less 2 years brining mates back and things have been fine, I feel like an absolute fcukwit, not fair on the folks in the slightest. People can be so...... *whatstheword*

Rage, serious rage. B&B next time I think, think wisely before you bring anyone into your house. College should be awkwaad.

Yeh, only ever bring back mates I know really well. Not saying they wouldn't get sick or something but they'd know they better clean every last bit of it up and apologise like hell to the parents.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    What does that mean? Ground floor or first floor? I was on the ground floor. I think I'll go back to bed. :( The barman offered me a taste of bud ice and I stupidly tried it and even more stupidly liked it (ok, I think the idea is to chill it so much until it taste of nothing but cold). Then I drank 3. ****ing idiot.

Ah ok, thought you meant upstairs. Still woozy after Thursday night :D

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Yeh, only ever bring back mates I know really well. Not saying they wouldn't get sick or something but they'd know they better clean every last bit of it up and apologise like hell to the parents.

Yep, that's common sense really. Was quite sober last night too, so it was obviously my 'Princess Di act of the night'. Thought I was being great bringing him home, and less than four hours later my Dads *RAGING* off the scale.

Never again, keep to the close mates.

Jaysus that's shite. Did he make any effort at all to clean up or at least offer? He sounds lovely...

Close friends will do it too though. I've a friend who em... had 'an accident' on my futon... wasn't the most pleasant.

Re: Beers.
    I'm jobless so I'm free whenever. Just let me know :)

Ah yeah in fairness, and seemed pretty mortified by it all. Meh, life must go on I suppose :o

Just back in the door from the Leixlip Festival, The Blizzards were top class.

..as for the beers, gots to happen.

I was just reading something about that today. Didn't know it was on this weekend. Where is it on? Like, stages wise? I dunno any big venues in Leixlip. Some big ish name bands playing...

The Courtyard Hotel. Grand size stage, great sound quality and plenty of room, even a BBQ at the back! Was €5 in las t year, but €10 this year. Them Blizzards got to eat I suppose.

On a funny sidenote, the Hotel is owned by a business man who has a strong(ish) presence within Fianna Fail locally. His daughter is running for the locals, and loads of the staff were wearing 'VOTE _________ #1' stickers etc. Asked one of them sarcastically if he was enjoying his income levy and he said "look mate, I'm voting Joe Higgins for Europe and feck all else, don't even live in the constituency!" Free advertising in the form of the little people.

PrivateEye wrote: »
    The Courtyard Hotel. Grand size stage, great sound quality and plenty of room, even a BBQ at the back! Was €5 in las t year, but €10 this year. Them Blizzards got to eat I suppose.
    So you pay per day? Or do you buy tickets for each day prior to the the festival? Or a weekend ticket?
    On a funny sidenote, the Hotel is owned by a business man who has a strong(ish) presence within Fianna Fail locally. His daughter is running for the locals, and loads of the staff were wearing 'VOTE _________ #1' stickers etc. Asked one of them sarcastically if he was enjoying his income levy and he said "look mate, I'm voting Joe Higgins for Europe and feck all else, don't even live in the constituency!" Free advertising in the form of the little people.

Ha. Savage.

Per day, yep.

Aslan tomorrow (:rolleyes: times a million) and that great band from Tubridy Tonight on Monday.

Good fun. Leixlip looked INSANE today with all the carnival rides, popcorn and hyper kids.

• Advertisement

I'm trying to think of where all this is going on. Is that hotel at the top of captains hill?

I don't really know leixlip well but I can't figure out where they're putting all this!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

PrivateEye wrote: »

Is that Laura Moriarty because I know Luke Moriarty runs a few hotels around the area.

Trust me when I say, even thinking or talking about the festival is wasting seconds and minutes you can never get back. KNACKERFEST

Shhh, private eye might hear you. :P

I hope he does!! He probably went to Zinc too :eek:

Shock!:eek:

:p

Oh no, you're not a zinc goer are you?? I feel the need to tar you with all sorts of brushes now :P

Keep yer brushes away from me. I am not a zinc fan. In saying that I have no qualms if PrivateEye is one. We'll all be here to help him through this and to offer our support :p

He'll need hours of therapy. And possibly a good solicitor if he got involved in any illegality. Plenty of under age floozies in that place!! :D

• Advertisement

Floozies... haven't heard that in ages.

Can't sleeeeeeeeep.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement