Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

The FIRST one is then? God that's late. I've one on Tuesday and my last one next Monday.

I should really be getting ready for work, I just don't want to go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

Whoops, meant the 21st. I finish on the 27th.

Even still, most people I know are finished before I begin. Good buzz for study, bad buzz for partying.

Exam times just wear me out, I'm so tired even now although I slept more last night than I have in about 2 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I love exam times! Because of procrastination techniques, I have far more fun and frolics in this one month than the whole semester put together. :)

Right before an exam I'm on a total high, even if I don't know anything. You'd swear I'd been pill popping or something before it according to a few people, it's the weirdest thing ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

I went out last night to Spy in town and seen at least 5 familiar faces from Maynooth out on the lash, all of them still doing exams. It's the only way to be really. I'm quietly confident about everything bar one on Wednesday that I really don't mind repeating if needs be, but obviously I'll aim not to. It's just a pdf file nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

PrivateEye wrote: »
    It's just a pdf file nightmare.

Explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

This is much better than adobe acrobat reader IMO, it let's you open pdf files in tabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

The guy wrote: »
    This is much better than adobe acrobat reader IMO, it let's you open pdf files in tabs.
    Plus its way quicker :)

I just have a mountain of them to read to be honest, driving me crazy.

I've lived on Project Muse for the last week or so.

• Advertisement

That website is fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Ah only 14 errors on w3c, could be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

In my first year I joined Labour Youth (along with about a million other clubs and socs), went to one meeting which three other people attended. They wanted me to write a speech at some convention I was like eh yeh sure.... definitely. Never saw one of them ever again! Last thing I wanted to do in my first weks in college.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Beau wrote: »
    In my first year I joined Labour Youth (along with about a million other clubs and socs), went to one meeting which three other people attended. They wanted me to write a speech at some convention I was like eh yeh sure.... definitely. Never saw one of them ever again! Last thing I wanted to do in my first weks in college.

Yeh...student political societies (strangely the more established righties) can be very intense.

Much moreso than the laid back lefties :)

Posted merely for the nostalgic value that is the 'Enda in the canteen' photos.

In my first year I joined Labour Youth (along with about a million other clubs and socs), went to one meeting which three other people attended.

Wow. Am I right in saying there actually is no Labour Youth Society on campus anymore? I was very surprised to learn of the size of both Ógra Fianna Fail and Young Fine Gael recently too (Lets just say its unlikely either will be entering five-a-side kickabouts for the next while)

Come in contact with LY in other Unis a fair bit in the last while with the fees stuff and they seem quite small elsewhere too, surprising.

Unusual for a university at the minute not to have any LY presence. Suppose a Gilmore walkabout is out of the question then!

Suppose a Gilmore walkabout is out of the question then!

Maybe he was here but they didn't tell anyone.

Luls.

Don't think anyone would want to protest our next Tanaiste. You never know, there's probably some lone-ranger who would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

No, none anymore. Those three people were hardcore. Almost too hardcore, all I wanted was to develop my interest in politics and learn a bit more about Labour. I still get the Labour Youth emails though which can be interesting enough.

Considering a career as a political speechwriter. The pathetic attempts at the conferences every year always make me cringe. Would a little enargia have hurt? Would it? Hrm!? *Pokes speaker's chest*

• Advertisement

The worst offenders are Enda, Declan Ganley (over-simplistic 'democracy now!' stuff) and basically the entire Labour Party with the exception of Gilmore himself.

As far as the better talkers go, I don't think you'll ever beat Joe Higgins, and Michael McDowell was pretty good at it too dare I say. Both had a sharp wit which obviously doesn't do any harm (I'll never forget McDowells quip during the Labour/Greens/PDs/Sinn Féin debate on television that he was stuck between the left, the hard left, and the left overs :rolleyes: )

You could even try get a job with the Teleprompter President of the World. I've actually always been hugely unimpressed by his speeches with the exception of the Berlin speech.

Imagine thinking some of the most powerful political speeches in history weren't even written by those we associate them with!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

on a non-political note, any idea how to get inky pen outta yer skin? i drew about 25 stars on my left forearm last night (procrastinating) and have managed to get the little ones off but there's still a few big mofos that i cant get off, even after two showers and a go of the exfoliator. They're faint but they're there, noticable enough.

exam at 9.30 tomorrow...groaan... all my exams this week are 9.30-ers. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

on a non-political note, any idea how to get inky pen outta yer skin? i drew about 25 stars on my left forearm last night (procrastinating) and have managed to get the little ones off but there's still a few big mofos that i cant get off, even after two showers and a go of the exfoliator. They're faint but they're there, noticable enough.

If they still make those white eraser pen-markers, might do the job?

I remember being 14, and using one of those fountain pens with the small ink cartridges (the ones you have to insert back to back).

In anger over....something, I threw the pen at our white kitchen wall exploding ink all over the place.

In my proudest 14 year old MacGyver moment, I went over every individual ink spatter with the white ink eraser pen, without a trace. Five of the most dextrous ninja-minutes of my life.

So, it may work for your arm.

i drew about 25 stars on my left forearm last night (procrastinating)
    I'd love to see a list of some of the best things students have done procrastinating over these exams. My mam came home last week, said something smelt lovely and asked what it was. I'd made rice-crispy buns.

I would never do that at any time bar exam time. I still can't believe I actually did.

will do, although it was one of those nice black ink pens that you can get in the bookshop, black and silver they are.

think my lil sister has a few of those crayola eraser ones, just hope i dont get a colour changing one and my arm goes green or something.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Make up might cover it.

things I've done to procrastinate over the last three weeks...

spent hours on icanhascheezburger.com
    made the perfect stirfry sauce
    drew aforementioned stars on my arm
    played crush the castle but couldn't get past level 22
    watched the 2 sky+ preview episodes of 'Lie to Me' over and over
    drew some pretty cool anime-type red bull-turned-people transformer type thingys
    went to the pond out the back of st.pats with 2 mates and leapt around the place for 4 hours whilst reading exerpts from my Yeats book
    spent hours in Elite drinking tea
    went for a few pints to soothe nerves
    revived my love of N'Sync
    watched alot of scrubs, too much scrubs. watched the two morning eps on paramount comedy, the 2 afternoon ones on e4 and then watched their respective repeats in the evenings
    caught up on my Charmed
    wikipedia'd a bunch of stuff I'd been meaning to do
    spent copious amounts of time on boards.ie
    got into the whole facebook lark
    made this list

i could go on but i have an exam to study for...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Nationalist

The guy wrote: »

Yea i use foxit too. Sometime it wont open in google chrome though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

I'd love to see a list of some of the best things students have done procrastinating over these exams.

I came across this

Warning: It's dangerously time-wasting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Nationalist

I'd love to see a list of some of the best things students have done procrastinating over these exams. My mam came home last week, said something smelt lovely and asked what it was. I'd made rice-crispy buns.

I would never do that at any time bar exam time. I still can't believe I actually did.

AHAHA HA AHA HHAAAAAAA

The maddest procrastination attempt in the world.

Did you use.....chocolate!?:p:pac::P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement