Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How dangerous are motorbikes?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Ooh... this thread is back...! :p

Well, unfortunately I had to put aside the bike dreams for a while and I got myself a car instead.
    But maybe a couple of years and I'll get me a nice Ducati! :D

Got my provisional bike license, just got no money to afford a bike right now... :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Ooh... this thread is back...! :p

Well, unfortunately I had to put aside the bike dreams for a while and I got myself a car instead.
    But maybe a couple of years and I'll get me a nice Ducati! :D

Got my provisional bike license, just got no money to afford a bike right now... :(:(

BOOOOO! Before you know it, you'll be married with kids and you'll be looking back wishing you got the bike :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Paparazzo wrote: »
    BOOOOO! Before you know it, you'll be married with kids and you'll be looking back wishing you got the bike :)

Nooooo!!
    Its one of my life goals to get a bike within the next 2-3 years.
    I plan on slowly converting/modifying the Ford Puma I got into a bad ass track car. And while I'm working on that, I can have my Ducati to get around town! :D

Hopefully within the next 2-3 years... Just gotta save up enough cash.

I'm not gonna wait till I'm 40 and having a midlife crisis before I get my bike!! :pac:

Actually I'm only waiting for a couple more years till I'm 24 so my insurance can go down and I can save up in the meantime for the bike...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

no you won't
    this is what the system is designed to do

• Registered Users Posts: 22,138 ✭✭✭✭Esel

.... I can have my Ducati to get around town!......
    Sacrilege - unless Ducati are now selling a 125cc scooter. :eek:

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Put a top box on the Ducati. I fitted one on my old Streetrod.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I'm not gonna wait till I'm 40 and having a midlife crisis before I get my bike!! :pac:

I did , now i have three bikes AND two cars.........:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Did ya get a bike OP?

wait. nevermind. you are all probably dead if Antiskepics is right.
    RIP Op

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Rory28 wrote: »
    Did ya gOt a bike OP?

Well...from this post i assume he got in with the Harley crowd...

[Quote=The first week I started riding, my bum was super sore after just 3km. It didn't help that my ****** was rock hard too. Then after a couple of weeks of just bearing through the pain, my bum got used to it and it wasn't as sore anymore still long rides were painful. [/QUOTE]

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Esel wrote: »
    Sacrilege - unless Ducati are now selling a 125cc scooter. :eek:

XIS5Vhl.jpg

ib4tl

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

y5av0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mamax

Rory28 wrote: »
    wait. nevermind. you are all probably dead if Antiskepics is right.
    RIP Op

Yep looks like he's dead alright, RIP

Last Activity: 14-07-2015 23:18

Poor guy. Should have never went to da nang

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gogzey

It's not the bikes that are dangerous it is the rider's , next is the motorist :( they never think bike in Ireland that is for sure the amount of cars and vans etc that never stop at junctions even if it's a stop sign at them , when I came to Ireland I brought my bike with me but after a while I thought I live longer with out it :) as the amount of near misses I had was unreal but that was out in the country roads , I am truck driver and the amount of near misses I have seen due to motorist's not paying attention , it is great out on bikes but just treat all other road user's as total idiot's :) that was one thing I was told when passed my test on bikes and hgv

Advertisement