Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lesser Known Irish Bands...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

O emperor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

HoldStady wrote: »

The lead guy from Readers Wives never does himself any favours in interviews - always comes across as quite pretentious.

That'd be forgivable if his music held up. It doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    The lead guy from Readers Wives never does himself any favours in interviews - always comes across as quite pretentious.

That'd be forgivable if his music held up. It doesn't.
    Tis the case with many many Irish bands and bands in general unfortunately..

Hey Guys...

thought everyone who posted here might be very interested in this website which promotes Irish gigs and bands who are new and up and coming, only just launched

http://www.gigsfest.com

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

As a child of the 80's, I'd proffer "Those Nervous Animals", Paul Cleary, Stano and "I Forget" (we did).

Ah Stano!! Apparently U2 completely ripped his album 'Wreakage' off for 'Zooropa'? Am I correct? I had a chance to buy it once in a second hand store but figured the €2 would be better spent on chips, now I wish I'd bought it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

A Disgrace wrote: »
    Am I correct? I had a chance to buy it once in a second hand store but figured the €2 would be better spent on chips, now I wish I'd bought it..
    Nope.

Would be ironic though, if Stano was now working in a chipper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 iGotAquestion

Alias Empire, Sixteen Layers, 21 Demands,

Alias Empire, Sixteen Layers, 21 Demands,
    Sixteen Layers are awesome......!!!!!!!!

DigiGal wrote: »
    Sixteen Layers are awesome......!!!!!!!!
    i know! :D am thinking of going to see them in Temple Bar at the end of sept/start of oct!.. Free admission and all! :D

i know! :D am thinking of going to see them in Temple Bar at the end of sept/start of oct!.. Free admission and all! :D
    In Think Tank...I'll so be there

• Advertisement

In Think Tank...I'll so be there

Yeah! I shall see you there so!! :D:D

if you stop :Ding

if you stop :Ding

haha yeah sorry couldn't resist!! thats the last of them lol ;)
    cant wait to see Sixteen Layers though!.. i only saw them for the first time a few months ago by chance playing in Music Maker!

haha yeah sorry couldn't resist!! thats the last of them lol ;)
    cant wait to see Sixteen Layers though!.. i only saw them for the first time a few months ago by chance playing in Music Maker!
    Ah no way I was there lol. coincidence

Ah no way I was there lol. coincidence

Haha really?! cool!.. Yeah they were great! havn't stopped listening to them since! it should be a good gig!

Haha really?! cool!.. Yeah they were great! havn't stopped listening to them since! it should be a good gig!
    Their gigs are always good gigs lol....do ya have the album

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

thorbarry wrote: »
    The Minutes are pretty dam good

http://www.myspace.com/theminutesireland
    +1 Fav Dublin Band still

Their gigs are always good gigs lol....do ya have the album

lol :P no i havn't got it yet! can't find it anywhere. where did u get it??

lol :P no i havn't got it yet! can't find it anywhere. where did u get it??
    Tower records....you can get it on itunes too and they sell it at their gigs...I'm actually wearing a t-shirt i bought at their last gig..its yellow :D

Tower records....you can get it on itunes too and they sell it at their gigs...I'm actually wearing a t-shirt i bought at their last gig..its yellow :D

cool :D PM'd you there cos we are starting to clog up this thread!! lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Can't believe I forgot all about Pugwash, writers of the catchiest tune known to mankind....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgVwfeCgZKQ

The Duckworth Lewis Method!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

http://www.myspace.com/thefollowersofotis These lads played Castlepalooza and are doing alright for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Rabbit Heart

The Holy Roman Army
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP6mLx4Vyos

They're a brother and sister from Carlow.
    I'm loving the album at the mo, possibly one of my favourites this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭deisedude

Humanzi are a band i feel are criminally underrated. They were with a major label but their debut didnt sell too well, not sure if they are still with them.

P.S anyone know what happened to a band from a few years back called The Marshalls? they were supposed to be the next big thing but disappeared off the face of the earth

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I remember the Marshalls, weren't particularly great. Maybe that's what happened :p (That was mean, sorry :D) I actually have a badge of theirs on my desk here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

deisedude wrote: »
    Humanzi are a band i feel are criminally underrated. They were with a major label but their debut didnt sell too well, not sure if they are still with them.

They aren't on a major anymore. They had a record contract for a million or more and they were guaranteed that money regardless of sales, so they got dropped and still got the money. They have a new album ready for October I think. Seen the new stuff live a few times and some tracks are wicked. Unfortunately my favourite isn't due until album 3 as it's that new:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

re the marshels - i think one of thems in television room

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭deisedude

Twee. wrote: »
    I remember the Marshalls, weren't particularly great. Maybe that's what happened :p (That was mean, sorry :D) I actually have a badge of theirs on my desk here.

Ha. Fair enough. Cant particularly remember any of their songs myself i just wondered what happened to them.

Anywho heres a video from The Immediate. They only released one album and are now defunct but definately worth a listen

Advertisement