Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ferrari 575 Maranello F1 written off in Sandyford this morning (All Threads Merged)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

My bad, but ad still says 160k!

Still, even 110k it'd never be sent to the scrap heap surely...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Well it depends of there's any chassis damage, if not it should be repairable. Parts may be very easy to find depending on the condition of this car http://www.eurospares.co.uk/breaking2.asp?page=55

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

steve06 wrote: »
    Well it depends of there's any chassis damage, if not it should be repairable. Parts may be very easy to find depending on the condition of this car http://www.eurospares.co.uk/breaking2.asp?page=55

Do they break perfectly good cars like that?:eek:

Flood Damage?

EDIT - MY BAD, DIDNT SEE THE STOCK PHOTO BIT...

EPM wrote: »
    Do they break perfectly good cars like that?:eek:

Flood Damage?
    That's just a stock photo

• Registered Users Posts: 68,179 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That's just a stock photo

It even states "The photo used is not a picture of the actual car we dismantled" below it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭EI321

traynors in the north break everything, even ferraris and astons

• Registered Users Posts: 1 redtinka

cant see the pics, any other way of viewing them?

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Ferrari/575/Maranell/200840190288089/advert

Looks like it was on a test drive. see the link above for sale advert. poor bloke!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

EPM wrote: »
    Absolute sickener, I wonder will the price go down in the next few months on that after the repair though...or will it just be exported:D

It's a write-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Seen a truck fully loaded unregistered MkV golf's on the N7 this morning...... Must be good discounts available at this stage

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

By the looks of things it was either driven across in front of, or someone overtaking. Seems like a very odd place for it to happen (as it seemed to be quite close to the kerb). Oddly enough, the ferrari looks like it came out worst!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭rocknchef

I remember a couple of years ago when I worked in the shelbourne the night manager done the same but he didnt hit any other car:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Word is that the car is with the crash repairers being assesed. Nice bit of work for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

even if there is some chassis damage, they will repair it,
    unless someone like traynors get so they can rip it apart, there is a lot of valuable parts still left on that.... wouldn't mind seeing the salvage value the insurance company put on it....

have to say I am sure Des Cullen is delighted, now the insurance company pays for the car and he doesn't have to worry about it not being sold....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭AugustusMaximus

robtri wrote: »
    even if there is some chassis damage, they will repair it,
    unless someone like traynors get so they can rip it apart, there is a lot of valuable parts still left on that.... wouldn't mind seeing the salvage value the insurance company put on it....

have to say I am sure Des Cullen is delighted, now the insurance company pays for the car and he doesn't have to worry about it not being sold....

He'll only get the book value which is still prob less than the sales value.

He'll only get the book value which is still prob less than the sales value.

possibly.... but much better to get that than have it sitting outside your showroom for at least 12 months further depreciating

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Maybe it won't be written off - someone could it for salvage and put it back on the road. Ferrari can pretty much rebuild anything if you've got enough money - remember the whole Gizmondo executive Enzo fiasco? He hit a pole and literally cut the Enzo in half? Ferrari were determined to rebuild the car after the accident.

ned78 wrote: »
    Maybe it won't be written off - someone could it for salvage and put it back on the road. Ferrari can pretty much rebuild anything if you've got enough money - remember the whole Gizmondo executive Enzo fiasco? He hit a pole and literally cut the Enzo in half? Ferrari were determined to rebuild the car after the accident.
    That was because it was a decisions by Ferrari to always have a set amount of Enzo's on the road and if one was damaged they would buy it back and rebuild using whatever parts they could.

I know, but looking at that Ferrari, it's predominantly front end damage. The engine looks like it's still in the same place, so maybe it's just bodywork, headlights, door, and engine bay ancilliaries?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

ned78 wrote: »

wrecked_enzo.jpg

Yes but the Enzo is an entirely different story than a 575M.

401 Enzos produced for a single year < X amount 575Ms produced over 4 years, can't find a production figure anywhere.

Not having a Ferrari yet myself, I doubt that they'd bother with repairing a €100k 5 year old Maranello, but I am very much open to being proven wrong.

• Advertisement

This Enzo was also rebuilt
    enzo_crash_france.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

wtf? Why do Enzos keep breaking in half? Is it like the Starship Enterprise, where they have to eject the Warp Core in an accident before it explodes?

Zube wrote: »
    wtf? Why do Enzos keep breaking in half? Is it like the Starship Enterprise, where they have to eject the Warp Core in an accident before it explodes?
    security feature, like how a lizard drops it's tail when it gets scared! :D

that ferrari looks like it could easily be repaired....I would be very surprised if this car is not repaired....

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

Valetor was not insured to drive the car and took it out for a spin, he decided to hit the sport button as he was driving to "see what it done" and lost control :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

But who would spend serious money on a crash repaired one. Just because it might look like mainly cosmetic damage, doesn't mean the steering will feel right even if repaired. Never mind the integrity of the car as a whole.

Fixing wrecked exotics reminds me of Trigger and his broom with all those new heads and handles.:D

fonda wrote: »
    Valetor was not insured to drive the car and took it out for a spin, he decided to hit the sport button as he was driving to "see what it done" and lost control :eek:

Source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

In biggest Monty Python voice "now dont do it again!" :D

I remember something similar happening in a dealership my oul fella worked in. The valetor took a Z3 for a spin on his lunch, rallied it up the road, managed to flip it. Complete write off.

TBH, if i was driving that Peugeot i'd be more worried. What insurance company will believe the story? "Well you see, the black Ferrari just flew around the corner............"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

TBH, if i was driving that Peugeot i'd be more worried. What insurance company will believe the story? "Well you see, the black Ferrari just flew around the corner............"

:D

That ferrari is probably up for sale on ebay with light frontal damage :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭el diablo

Spoof. you just made that up. :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement